Acrophilia #11: ... and the winner is ...

Julia H.

Confession time: I've just realized I made a mistake. There is a clue that felt problematic, but I couldn't pinpoint what the problem was. (A poor excuse, I know, but by the end of the week my brain gets totally exhausted by the wolf pups I shepherd all week.) Since the player didn't have much time to work on a new clue and I still couldn't say what exactly was wrong, I accepted the clue. But now I know what is wrong and I know that I should have realized it earlier.

So to make amends, here's a general, free hint to everyone regarding Clue 2: 

Try to read it with somewhat different punctuation as well. Like this: 

She’s a redhead, killed. Apparently not? Yet... 

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Not to be too picky or anything, but the person who wrote clue 5 used the wrong letter in the last word, U instead of Y.

I've done that before, myself, by writing down the letters on a piece of paper and misreading my handwriting....

Nope, the person used the right letter. The acronym was VARJU. The Y was the last letter of another acronym, SARKANY. 

I wish we have tried playing in pairs. You can figure everything out by yourself, but when you lose any motivation to do it, a waitstaff team can be useful :ninja: And of course, for the first reason I thought of the teams, to see rocksniffer and Swmbo play together:ninja:

I think I have a few. But might be not fourth, I am not even attempting the fourth :ninja: It is so... muddy. Too many mundane words, to attempt to gather them all into one place* :angry:

Unless the author is not someone I dislike terriblly, then... the clue is..... clever tactics! :ninja:

1 hour ago, a shadow said:

Unless the author is not someone I dislike terriblly, then... the clue is..... clever tactics! :ninja:

Speaking of difficult clues ... does that mean 'if the author is someone I dislike terribly'? :blush:

Take heart, everyone. I have already received quite good answers for prelims. :) Most clues seem solvable. And I'm really curious to see who will solve the theme first. 

man these clues make me want to drink....of course what doesn't 

but yelpless....obsequious...augural....thank the gods for websters online...

...and being partnered with my type A niece salivating to win...win...WIN

and me laid back stoned planning to end in last place...that's a match made in hell

:smoking:

On 2/20/2016 at 3:02 PM, Fragile Bird said:

You are too damn smart for your own good.  :P

:rofl: I don't know about that only 5/8 for me and theme??? what theme???

On 2/21/2016 at 9:03 AM, a shadow said:

I wish we have tried playing in pairs. You can figure everything out by yourself, but when you lose any motivation to do it, a waitstaff team can be useful :ninja: And of course, for the first reason I thought of the teams, to see rocksniffer and Swmbo play together:ninja:

I think I have a few. But might be not fourth, I am not even attempting the fourth :ninja: It is so... muddy. Too many mundane words, to attempt to gather them all into one place* :angry:

Wow that might be interesting, although he would probably lay back in the cut and let me do all the heavy lifting. :bang:

23 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

man these clues make me want to drink....of course what doesn't 

but yelpless....obsequious...augural....thank the gods for websters online...

...and being partnered with my type A niece salivating to win...win...WIN

and me laid back stoned planning to end in last place...that's a match made in hell

:smoking:

The night is dark and full of type "A"s!  :fencing:

Archived