The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

• 1 month later...

who did the actor playing Kid Flash upset in the costume department to wind up with that? I bet he's all "this looks stupid, right?" and everyone is going "no, you look great" and deep down he knows they are lying to him.

Can't be long until we get 20 episodes of build-up for a 4 part (or will it be 8)? crossover event! They have more in common with Marvel comics in this respect.

44 minutes ago, red snow said:

who did the actor playing Kid Flash upset in the costume department to wind up with that? I bet he's all "this looks stupid, right?" and everyone is going "no, you look great" and deep down he knows they are lying to him.

Can't be long until we get 20 episodes of build-up for a 4 part (or will it be 8)? crossover event! They have more in common with Marvel comics in this respect.

It does seem particularly terrible.

Since this is going to affect the other shows as well (except Supergirl,) are they going to have to start every episode explaining which reality we're in?

18 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

It does seem particularly terrible.

Since this is going to affect the other shows as well (except Supergirl,) are they going to have to start every episode explaining which reality we're in?

It sounds a clusterfuck doesn't it? Not even sure why a band of time-travellers would be that affected by things - unless they go to the present and realised it's screwed. Although then I'd be wanting to know why said time travellers aren't fixing it (hopefully they will) as if they don't they are highlighting how redundant they are.

It makes sense that Arrow would change - still hoping they steal from Batman again and have Olly the one who died on the boat and his dad becomes the badass. The issue there is that the show's lead won't be there. So I guess what we'll get is something a bit more contrived like Olly wasn't on the cruise but Thea was? Hopefully get a Deathstroke cameo.

So is Supergirl not officially in the CW world until something this season folds it into to it? Or could they just not be bothered getting dragged into Barry's "Flashpoint"? I suppose they can start their show with "the following show occurs after Barry restored the timeline (although he didn't because I guess "Flashpoint" is the "real" timeline). It would be nice if at least one character points this out before the status quo returns. Funnily enough it's the most plausible defense Barry could have but instead he just goes for "because i want to".

Maybe Wally convinces Barry to restore things back to normal by saying "I'll wear a really awful costume if you do". Diggle smiles as he no longer has the worst costume.

5 minutes ago, red snow said:

It sounds a clusterfuck doesn't it? Not even sure why a band of time-travellers would be that affected by things - unless they go to the present and realised it's screwed. Although then I'd be wanting to know why said time travellers aren't fixing it (hopefully they will) as if they don't they are highlighting how redundant they are.

It makes sense that Arrow would change - still hoping they steal from Batman again and have Olly the one who died on the boat and his dad becomes the badass. The issue there is that the show's lead won't be there. So I guess what we'll get is something a bit more contrived like Olly wasn't on the cruise but Thea was? Hopefully get a Deathstroke cameo.

So is Supergirl not officially in the CW world until something this season folds it into to it? Or could they just not be bothered getting dragged into Barry's "Flashpoint"? I suppose they can start their show with "the following show occurs after Barry restored the timeline (although he didn't because I guess "Flashpoint" is the "real" timeline). It would be nice if at least one character points this out before the status quo returns. Funnily enough it's the most plausible defense Barry could have but instead he just goes for "because i want to".

Maybe Wally convinces Barry to restore things back to normal by saying "I'll wear a really awful costume if you do". Diggle smiles as he no longer has the worst costume.

Wasn't it mentioned briefly that Robert Queen was Green Arrow on earth 2?

12 minutes ago, red snow said:

Maybe they try but a particular speedster with a god complex and near unstoppable powers opposes them. Also with the exception of Rip all the other legends should be very different based on time shenanigans (I'm excluding Rip because I seem to recall he's got some kind of outside time bullshit going on right?)

12 minutes ago, red snow said:

So is Supergirl not officially in the CW world until something this season folds it into to it?

Well it is, but it's on Earth 3. So Barry messing up Earth 1's timeline will only have minor effects at best, it might even have none. (Whether or not Flash turned up for that one episode that was then never mentioned on Flash ever again.)

On bringing Deathstroke back, I might be wrong but I thought they killed off Deadshot specifically because he was about to appear in a film. And Deathstroke is set to be in Justice League.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Well it is, but it's on Earth 3. So Barry messing up Earth 1's timeline will only have minor effects at best, it might even have none. (Whether or not Flash turned up for that one episode that was then never mentioned on Flash ever again.)

On bringing Deathstroke back, I might be wrong but I thought they killed off Deadshot specifically because he was about to appear in a film. And Deathstroke is set to be in Justice League.

That's a shame RE Deathstroke as he's been the best villain for me - even when he was a bit batshit crazy. Manu Bennet is pretty busy with other shows these days as well i think.

So Supergirl is remaining separate in the sense crossovers can only occur via travel to other dimension? Probably sensible to have some form of insulation from the other CW shows

13 hours ago, red snow said:

who did the actor playing Kid Flash upset in the costume department to wind up with that? I bet he's all "this looks stupid, right?" and everyone is going "no, you look great" and deep down he knows they are lying to him...

You're not digging the Kid Flash costume? Huh. I think it's a pretty great translation from the comics.

9 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

You're not digging the Kid Flash costume? Huh. I think it's a pretty great translation from the comics.

Sometimes literal translations aren't the best. I guess Arrow would be in green tights otherwise. I think it's the mask and the way it squashes up the actors face. He looks a bit awkward in it. I still stand by saying it's a very effective costume for disguising his identity though!

7 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I actually believe they're holding back on introducing Supergirl to the rest of the shows until the four show crossover after Barry corrects Flashpoint and then they'll go into Crisis...

Whoa, waitaminute! Has that been discussed in interviews or something or are you just speculating? If they killed this Supergirl then rebooted her series within the Arrow/Flash/LOT universe and had a CRISIS crossover--that would be some next level TV there on premise alone. If they had any balls they'd show all the cinema iterations of Superman & Batman in a time stream/time tunnel cameos. 

13 hours ago, red snow said:

Sometimes literal translations aren't the best. I guess Arrow would be in green tights otherwise. I think it's the mask and the way it squashes up the actors face. He looks a bit awkward in it. I still stand by saying it's a very effective costume for disguising his identity though!

Hmm. Now you've got me really giving that costume a look. The mask does cut off a bit too low at the top as you see a chunk of his forehead. Showing his head might not have been the best choice...

9 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Hmm. Now you've got me really giving that costume a look. The mask does cut off a bit too low at the top as you see a chunk of his forehead. Showing his head might not have been the best choice...

Yeah - on their own both head and mask are probably fine but together it doesn't work. It seems as if it squashes his face too much.

Might've been better if they had chosen that silvery costume that New 52 Wally was supposed to wear somewhere in his future; now I'm just reminded of movie Cyclops sneering at Wolverine about how maybe the latter prefers yellow spandex.

Maybe I'm better off rewatching Flashpoint Paradox every Tuesday and pinning my hopes on the Flash movie but I'll probably still be watching S3, since I guess I have something against myself and I wish to see me suffer. 

Apparently, when asked if they thought having another evil speedster for S3 might not be a good idea, their answer was that Savitar is different from Reverse-Flash and Zoom 'cause he's "all about speed".      

What?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Just in time for S3, Honest Trailers have done one of their TV episodes:

Barry's Bobblehead - cannot unsee it now.

Liked the STAR Labs stuff, but they forgot to mention its terrible security.

Ah, see I have nothing better to do tonight, I guess I'll watch the new episode.

Archived