U.S. Election - Because we know better than you do

Ser Scot A Ellison

Trisk, that would be ironic as fuck.

Stan, the battle continues between Trump and Sanders for those votes.

I don't think it's likely they'll both get the nom, but political historians will make their careers if they try to explain where the votes fell if that were to happen.

45 minutes ago, Bonesy said:

Yeah, if conspiracy theorists want to claim Trump is a secret Democrat, I'm almost listening again.

He's more anti-war than Clinton now if you can believe anything he says.

Isolationism is not unfamiliar to the GOP. They just aren't a big enough or powerful enough part of the GOP base for the past long while.

9 minutes ago, Bonesy said:

Stan, the battle continues between Trump and Sanders for those votes.

I don't think it's likely they'll both get the nom, but political historians will make their careers if they try to explain where the votes fell if that were to happen.

True. Sanders and Trump are most likely to capture independent votes necessary to win the election from their respective parties. 
His defense of Planned Parenthood and calling out Dubya for the Iraq war was absolutely directed towards capturing moderate and liberal independents. 

52 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Talk about irony of ironies, what if the super secret Clinton/You-Know-Who plan only backfired because Hillary lost to Bernie.

Ah, but the true irony of ironies would be if Trump was a Clinton plant, and Sanders was a Bush plant. The perfect symmetry...

I'm running out of tin foil now.

11 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Ah, but the true irony of ironies would be if Trump was a Clinton plant, and Sanders was a Bush plant. The perfect symmetry...

I'm running out of tin foil now.

Look, I know that Sanders has had some pretty wild hair in the past, but I would hardly call him a bush plant... Oh you mean a Jeb Bush plant, my mistake.

Wow. Trump is already pivoting to the general election before South Carolina has even voted. Bold. Risky. I'm very impressed.

On the other hand he polled at 36% in South Carolina and the threshold for earning 90% of the delegates in South Carolina with this many candidates still running is: 37%. So it's risky because a small dip in his percentage rather than a small bump is more painful than it would be in most other states.

I'm guessing trumps team knows that nobody else is dropping out before Super Tuesday and they know with five people running, trump is going to take fifty to sixty five percent of the Super Tuesday delegates with his third of the primary electorate, and that will be enough cushion to let him win out the rest of the primary calendar even with fewer competitors and clinch the nomination in April. The math isnt inevitable yet, but they seem to think it i. Trumps team must feel like they've crossed the event horizon already by executing this pivot so soon.

OAR,

It felt like the topics were irrelevant. Trump basically took every opportunity he could to just hammer Jeb and GWB. He is like a dog with a bone. He went after Cruz as well but he really hammered Jeb.

Seems like he has made a calculation that slamming Jeb and now GWB is a winning move. I have no idea how this will play out for the primaries but if he is nominated I dont think it will hurt him much.

I'm really hoping for a Trump-Clinton general just to see how Hillary handles a debate with Trump. I have a feeling it will be three hours of Whitewater, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Benghazi, Goldman-Sachs speeches, and email server rants. Again, no idea how it will play out but its going to be entertaining.

I just watched the debate. What a bunch of children they are!  LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR [moderator: let's get back on track before we drive this in to the ground'] sorry, it was way too late for that

I need to find a transcript of  Cruz's ending statement because I heard something about a democrat taking away their (his daughter's) marriage liberties: WTF was that? (along with other liberties)

eta:  yep, I heard that right. What planet does this guy live on?

And today, we saw just how great the stakes are, two branches of government hang in the balance. Not just the presidency but the Supreme Court. If we get this wrong, if we nominate the wrong candidates, the Second Amendment, life, marriage, religious, liberty - everyone of those hangs in the balance.

My little girls are here. I don't want to look my daughters in the eyes and say, "we lost their liberties."

7 hours ago, OnionAhaiReborn said:

I think Trump may finally have gone too far last night, tearing into GWB as he did (which, I admit, I enjoyed the hell out of). On the other hand, I've thought that before.

Don't think so. Trump managed to cross the 40 points threshold according to the latest CBS polls, which pegs him at 42%. It's a way too big of lead to blow IMO. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-south-carolina-still-solidly-for-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

ok, boarders here falling down on the job again.  Though this one seems almost surreal:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fox-news-asks-sanders-to-help-it-land-democratic-debate/ar-BBpuaDO?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=msnclassic

Fox News sought Sunday to enlist a high-profile supporter for its campaign to land a Democratic presidential debate: Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.

The Vermont senator sounded somewhat equivocal during his appearance on Fox News Sunday. "If I could have a guarantee -- and knew who the questioners were, and if the framework for the debate was fair -- I would have no objection," Sanders said.

Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace had asked Sanders: "The Republicans have held debates on all the networks. But the Democrats so far have refused to hold a debate on Fox ... Would you be willing to participate in a Democratic debate on Fox News?"

(Wallace also noted that other Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton, has declined to appear on Fox News Sunday during this election cycle.)

The latest polls have Clinton up 19 in SC. I don't think that can be surmounted by Sanders. Nevada is still interesting, and still difficult to poll....looks to be a long March for everyone.

I would like to go to the Flint debate, but tickets don't seem to be publicly available. I also don't want to become a member of the Democractic party, not sure if that is a requirement for any of the debates.

10 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I would like to go to the Flint debate, but tickets don't seem to be publicly available. I also don't want to become a member of the Democractic party, not sure if that is a requirement for any of the debates.

Hey, if it's good enough for Bernie... ;)

Archived