Who will be the main character of TWoW and ADoS?

Bran the Shipper

By main character I just mean who will have the most chapters.  Previous main characters would be:

Ned for A Game of Thrones

Tyrion for A Clash of Kings

Arya for A Storm of Swords

Cersei for A Feast for Crows

and Jon for A Dance with Dragons

My guess is that Dany is the main character of Winds of Winter and Bran is the main character of A Dream of Spring.  Dany I see being the main character of Winds of Winter because she has so much ground to cover, much like Arya in A Storm of Swords.  I hope Bran is the main character of A Dream of Spring because I would like him to be the true hero of the series, plus Dream of Spring seems like something that would be tied to Bran considering his plotline's emphasis on dreams and ending winter.  Though by that logic Dany should have been the lead for A Dance with Dragons and Jon should be the lead for Winds of Winter.

I could definitely see Dany being the main character in Winds and Bran in Dream for the reasons you said. Dany needs to do a lot if she's going to make to Westeros within the next two books. And idk if I think Bran will be the "hero" but he'll definitely be involved.

And yeah I agree that the titles of the last two books were misleading. Before reading I thought the overarching theme or storyline, if you will, of Feast would be what's at the Wall and Jon and Dance would focused on Dany making her way toward Westeros or at least using her dragons in some significant way. But obviously that didn't happen so maybe it all got pushed back a book.

Since you are talking about the number of chapters, Yes, I think Dany will have the most in TWOW. However I can't guess in TDOS but I am sure Bran will not have the most number of chapters. His role will be big but that is not measured by how many chapters he has.

For TWoW:

Not sure about specific POV. I see the northern storyline taking the most page time, but this may be shared by a multitude of characters.

The eastern storyline will be now shared between Daenerys and Tyrion (plus a couple or three of Victarion and maybe one for Barristan), and it's suggested that their stories will converge towards the end. I could see Dany's Dothraki arc --where she'll be the only POV around-- to conclude in 4-5 chapters (well, I certainly hope so) if the plot is to move fast enough to give us a couple of chapters with them in Westeros. So it's mostly those two characters there, though I can't say how big a portion of the overall novel it will occupy. I think it will be the second biggest in terms of chapters, but it can't be too big because there are so many other storylines that need their own space to move forward.

All in all, my guess is Tyrion.

For ADOS there can't be an estimation (based on given data, I mean) but if I had to bet, I'd pick Jon.

Can't decide between Jaime, Cersei, Arianne and Jon Con for the TWoW. Faegon and the end of Cersei's rule will be the most intense plot lines for this book IMO. North wont be as prominent as in ADwD (though I believe that it will be very interesting), and Essos is Essos.

Jon for The Dream of Spring.

Dany for TWOW, I think, because if she doesn't come to Westeros now, she never will, really, and to do that, she's going to need a big number of chapters. Though I'd love a Sansa heavy book, so maybe she can have the second most chapters?

ADOS... I'm really not sure. I don't think it's going to be Bran, because while I'm pretty sure he'll be really important, I see him as having very few chapters that then mean very much. It really depends who's still alive at that point (since I expect Martin will clear the board a bit and kill of quite a few characters in TWOW) but it's probably someone involved in the fighting against the Others, so maybe Davos or Melisandre or Jon if he is still alive?

TWOW should be Dany, she's got a lot of ground to cover. I'm guessing TWOW will end with Dany as she first sets foot in Westeros. That means she has to conquer Vaes Dothrak, Volantis, and Pentos (which isn't too much of a stretch, she conquered three cities in ASOS.) It's possible her forces (led by Tyrion?) will conquer more of Essos, but I feel those three places have been built up for Dany's storyline.

ADOS? That would have to be Jon. As much as people whinge about the "special snowflake," Jon has been built up as the one who saves the world from the Others. I doubt we'll get too many chapters of Bran sitting in a tree. I'd love to have more Arya, but we all know she's gonna have to disappear for a while so she can surprisingly reveal her face in someone else's POV.

Dany will have the most number of chapters but still will be far from setting foot in Westeros.

She will conquer a lot, ending by attacking Qarth. Then she will set her eyes west. And a few months after finishing the book GRRM announces there will be eight books because he can´t finish in only seven.

Dany will have the most number of chapters but still will be far from setting foot in Westeros.

She will conquer a lot, ending by attacking Qarth. Then she will set her eyes west. And a few months after finishing the book GRRM announces there will be eight books because he can´t finish in only seven.

I want Dany to go back to & burn down Qarth just bc they were such assholes but I can't see it. I don't see her backtracking or getting sidetracked from her ultimate goal again. She has no choice but to deal with the Dothraki and Meereen, but after that she has to go west. And going back east is exactly what that would be.

28 minutes ago, Maxxine said:

I want Dany to go back to & burn down Qarth just bc they were such assholes but I can't see it. I don't see her backtracking or getting sidetracked from her ultimate goal again. She has no choice but to deal with the Dothraki and Meereen, but after that she has to go west. And going back east is exactly what that would be.

Yeah, but I´m not sure we´re done with Qarth and the east. It seems to me that GRRM was setting up something with this city and all this mystical past. There is something to be revealed.

15 hours ago, Bran the Shipper said:

By main character I just mean who will have the most chapters.  Previous main characters would be:

Ned for A Game of Thrones

Tyrion for A Clash of Kings

Arya for A Storm of Swords

Cersei for A Feast for Crows

and Jon for A Dance with Dragons

My guess is that Dany is the main character of Winds of Winter and Bran is the main character of A Dream of Spring.  Dany I see being the main character of Winds of Winter because she has so much ground to cover, much like Arya in A Storm of Swords.  I hope Bran is the main character of A Dream of Spring because I would like him to be the true hero of the series, plus Dream of Spring seems like something that would be tied to Bran considering his plotline's emphasis on dreams and ending winter.  Though by that logic Dany should have been the lead for A Dance with Dragons and Jon should be the lead for Winds of Winter.

I buy it! He is the first to see the whole scenario in his dreams

3 hours ago, Beorn Snow said:

Yeah, but I´m not sure we´re done with Qarth and the east. It seems to me that GRRM was setting up something with this city and all this mystical past. There is something to be revealed.

I can definitely see that initially he wanted there to be some more interaction with the city, just because of how her interaction with it ended. But maybe we get that through the warlocks Euron has. I just can't see her turning away from Westeros again especially since we only have 2 books left (If GRRM expands this to 8 books, we're never going to get the ending). Don't get me wrong, I would love it if she burns down Quarth as revenge for herself, but also because it was Drogo's dream to take Qarth. I just can't see it timing wise

For Winds, I think Daenerys.  She has to get to Westeros and her story has to get off the ground and for that she will need a large number of chapters.  I think she will have 10+ chapters and Tyrion, Jon, Sansa, and Arya will have 7-9.

For Dream, it is hard to say.  Jon is being set up as a savior figure, so he is probably the best guess, but it could also be Bran or even Sansa, depending on whether the focus is on the magical or the political arena.

4 hours ago, Maxxine said:

I can definitely see that initially he wanted there to be some more interaction with the city, just because of how her interaction with it ended. But maybe we get that through the warlocks Euron has. I just can't see her turning away from Westeros again especially since we only have 2 books left (If GRRM expands this to 8 books, we're never going to get the ending). Don't get me wrong, I would love it if she burns down Quarth as revenge for herself, but also because it was Drogo's dream to take Qarth. I just can't see it timing wise

Maybe she never goes to Westeros. :P

For Winds I too think it will be Daenerys.She has a lot of story to cover and return to Westeros.I believe she will go to Vees Dothrak,Slavers Bay,Volantis,Pentos,Dragonstone.Tyrion can't cover her for too much because GRRM has said for most of the book they will be apart.For Dream (assuming it will be the final book) I would say Bran if the five year gap had been done.Now I bet on Tyrion or Sansa since they are the least supernatural characters from the big 6.

Archived