Football The Millionth

Xray the Enforcer

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Agreed about Lovren. He's looked a little more Southamptony lately.

If he starts to look too "Southamptony", will Liverpool buy him from themselves for twice what he's worth?

14 hours ago, Nasrudin's True Love said:

Well, Everton have done better than any other side this season at keeping Payet out of the game, and that is obviously an important part of playing West Ham. 

Of course, they only managed it by McCarthy trying to break Payet's legs with a series of terrible tackles, but it was nonetheless effective. 

My gameplan would be to keep Payet away from McCarthy and to score at least one more goal than the number that Lukaku will certainly score in the game. 

Your plan has merit. 

I'm thinking we should go for a different solution this time, and let Barry be the tackler. It would catch Payet off guard.

34 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Well, we could use a decent centre back or two, so I hope so.

I suppose that, as long as you reinvest most of the transfer money received back into the squad, it should work out okay for both clubs. 

I don't know if I can bear to watch this match. I think we're in for a walloping. 3-0 or something like that.

West Ham defeat aside, Tottenham have been rampant, and we have been utterly shite in the last month.

A draw would be nice - it wouldn't help us win the title, but if we aren't going to win it, we have a supreme responsibility to at least stop Tottenham from catching Leicester...

50 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Elneny and Coquelin start in the centre of the park. Welbeck up top and Ramsey on the right. We might have a chance.

COYG!

Maybe but our defense is meh. No Monreal, Koscielny or Cech.

Cards for Coquelin and Bellerin already.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone sent off - Arsenal have a propensity for someone getting sent off in big games like this.

Well well well, wasn't expecting that!

Don't know if we can hold on though. We gave up a 1-0 lead to Swansea at home, of all people, so not hard to see Tottenham really battering us in reply.

Brilliant goal. But I'm not getting excited yet. Pretty sure Spuds are gonna score. 

Also, Elneny has been excellent. He covers a hell of a lot of ground, and his passing is crisp and precise. By the end of the first half he was bossing it. 

Always get red cards in big games. In two London derbies with Chelsea we had three people sent off altogether.

So crap that we just repeat these mistakes over and over.

Archived