Football The Millionth

Xray the Enforcer

Only chance is if we can get Lamela sent off somehow.

But this title is done and dusted now. Can't see how we can salvage a draw out of this, although it would be nice revenge to help Leicester at least win the title.

1 minute ago, MercifulChief said:

This has to be it for arsenal's title hopes.

It isn't even funny to us on the outside anymore. This implosion again and again can only be stopped by a new manager and a true rebuild of the squad.  

Yup, neither of which is going to happen.

I'm not disappointed or sad about all this, I'm actually more angry, I suppose it's a bit of a defence mechanism.

Wenger won't suffer much from this one particular result - the lost game was clearly due to Coquelin's dismissal.

However, the general malaise of the last month is more down to Wenger and it's depressing to think of the huge opportunity this season presented.

Yes, a point well earned in the end - not an easy thing to be down to 10 men and down a goal with 30 minutes to play.

Doesn't help us much - our title chances are now over, we'll probably be trailing Leicester by 8 points now. But if we can ruin Tottenham's title chances and help Leicester win, that'd be the second best eventuality.

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Arsenal haven't won a game in a month.

11 minutes ago, Jeor said:

Yes, a point well earned in the end - not an easy thing to be down to 10 men and down a goal with 30 minutes to play.

Doesn't help us much - our title chances are now over, we'll probably be trailing Leicester by 8 points now. But if we can ruin Tottenham's title chances and help Leicester win, that'd be the second best eventuality.

I'll take the point, thank you very much.

We're definitely not out of it. Leicester and Spurs are in totally uncharted territory, and with nine games to go, still plenty of time for some epic choking. That, of course, applies to us as well. But I was convinced we were going to get stuffed today, so anything's possible I guess.

ETA: Come on, Watford! By no means an easy side to beat at home, and Leicester have only taken four points from their past three games.

Yeah, I don't think Arsenal are out of it just yet either. Watford are no pushovers and have every chance of getting a result against Leicester. Even if Leicester win, an eight point deficit with nine games remaining will be difficult but not impossible. We've seen that sort of lead being overhauled before. It also remains to be seen whether nerves start to set in among the Leicester players. For many in that squad this might be as close as they ever come to winning a league title.

On 28-2-2016 at 7:20 PM, Calibandar said:
On 4-3-2016 at 6:18 PM, Notone said:

City will finish top 4. There's simply too much quality in that squad to fall that far. 

Arsenal on the other hand... A few weeks ago, I would have thought they wouldn't finish lower than second. But now, I think there's a real possibility for them to drop off. Especially with Cech out. Objectively speaking United is too depleted to kick Arsenal out, but form/momentum/whatever you want to call it is clearly in favour of United. I guess we will have to wait for their game at City in 3 weeks.

With the Hammers, I will start to believe it, when I see it. And they have a tough April (fixture wise) ahead of them.

For Liverpool it's 10 points to Arsenal (even with a game in hand), that's simply too much. It isn't just about getting a string of good results, at the same time Arsenal has to drop enough points, too. 

As for Chelski making it to the top four... How and where are they supposed to make up 12 points to Arsenal (the supposedly weakest link) with 10 games to go? And their remaining fixtures are not that simple. Liverpool away, City and Spurs and the Hammers at home. I leave out Leicester on the final day of the season, because I think by then the season will be over for Leicester one way or another.

I agree on Chelsea, they wont make it.

I don't agree Arsenal is the most likely to fall out of the top 4, I think that honour goes to City, and with that being the case, Liverpool is not that far away from them. IMO either Liverpool or United grabs that 4th spot if City fails. West Ham no way.

City has a low, low threshold, can be very good on the day, can be destroyed by opponents. They are clearly worse than they have been in previous years. They are capable of putting up a good run but they look hobbled.

On 4-3-2016 at 5:29 PM, Iskaral Pust said:

Chelsea look more likely than Liverpool based on recent form under Hiddink, unfortunately. Liverpool have to be the most inconsistent I've seen in years. It would be great if we could gel and put together a run but I'm not holding my breath.

I feel Liverpool have looked like they've been of going on a run for many moments the past few seasons, but it hasn't happened since Luis left. Quality wise I think there's just too many good players in this squad for them to be performing they way they do, and Klopp is a competent manager. Had to laugh at your quip about Benteke's lack of movement and how no one could have foreseen that when buying him for an immense amount, another rightful snide towards Rodgers.

Archived