Acrophilia #9

yomi

Actually 5 & 6 are quite clear to me especially 6. But they don't match my only theme idea! I find 7 & 8 and 1 & 2 more difficult. In that 7 & 8 could arguably be a few people each and 1 & 2 my answers could be totally wrong, I am not at all convinced of them. 11 I got nothing. I suppose it will turn out be be really obvious.

I have sent my first question in, but I think Yomi is usually asleep when I am awake and posting.

I can think of three possible answers to #5 and I have two characters that (IMO) perfectly match #6. I have several ideas for #1, and none that would seem to be the single best one (so it's probably someone different). I can think of two characters matching #11, but one of them seems to be a better answer than the other, so there is some hope there.

There are very few clues I feel certain about, but my biggest problem (only real problem) is with a clue that I think I have solved. 

On 15.4.2016 at 2:49 PM, rocksniffer said:

i think our glorious host said 1 pt for yes or no and 2 points for a close or not...but i could be wrong...

:smoking:

Um, yeah I proposed that, and no one voiced any opinion. Thinking more about it, I realized that you can find out if your are close for two points anyway (spent one point to ask if you got the theme, if yes, be happy, if no, ask if you are at least close), so there doesn't need to be a special rule about it.

9 hours ago, a free shadow said:

5th and 6th clues are such a bad clues that I do not even have motivation to solve them.

At that is after I took a break for the week, o build up tolerance :pirate:

Clue 6 was one of the first ones I solved. That is...I think I solved. I'm really hoping that it was one of the few I had right in prelims cause nobody else I can think of fits that clue.

Clue 5 took me a while but I think I might possibly have figured out the right answer. Either that or I am spectacularly wrong on it!

Overall I've found this round easier than round one. I didn't even try beyond my prelims for round one. I'm either going to have a fantastic score or a really embarrassingly bad one this round.

I'm still not sure on a couple and have no idea who clue 2 is about. *scratches head, sure I'm missing something obvious*

I handed in what I consider to be my final answers. Of course, there is still time for me to experience a sudden light bulb moment but I'm not really expecting it. 

Well, actually, yeah. I didn't have much time this weekend, so there weren't many responses by me then.

Extension till Tuesday, 19th April, 10 am Central European time. That's a few minutes less than 35 hours from now.

Oh well I have been at work (I mean at my job not at work on acrophilia) since extension was announced and was just trying to look at my answers to see what kind of useful question I could ask Yomi while she is awake, but I have so many clues wrong I think or with no answer at all (when I look at them its clear I was being a bit blind earlier)and even #5 which I think is clear I do not like because it makes a theme harder if my answer is correct. Woe is me. I can't even come up with a point buying strategy.

On 4/16/2016 at 4:31 AM, Castellan said:

Actually 5 & 6 are quite clear to me especially 6. But they don't match my only theme idea! I find 7 & 8 and 1 & 2 more difficult. In that 7 & 8 could arguably be a few people each and 1 & 2 my answers could be totally wrong, I am not at all convinced of them. 11 I got nothing. I suppose it will turn out be be really obvious.

I have sent my first question in, but I think Yomi is usually asleep when I am awake and posting.

Wow, I am shocked to hear so many are struggling! I will admit to finally just going with my gut on clue 5 but that was only after I had discovered the theme, and I did have to spend a point or two to uncover the answer. as for 1, 2, 6, and 7 they were the first ones for me. These seemed quite straightforward especially 6. There's really only 2 ways to go with it, IMO.

Number 8 (in addition to number 5) proved to be most difficult for me since there are several insurrections to chose from which ultimately failed.

Honestly this round seemed slightly easier than the last, though I did spend a couple of points this time I didn't have to spend on the last round.

This gives Castellan a chance to go ahead of me - a slight chance, to be sure ;)

Archived