Acrophobia #22 -- Words to votes

a free shadow

1st  4. Our Loved Bobby's Worthy, Able Kin.

2nd 3. Oust Lannister Bastard with Antlered King!

3rd  5. Only lunatics' ballots write another king.

4th  6. Only Living Baratheon Wanted as King!

this was really hard to choose!

1st -7. Obliging, listens, balanced, will act kingly!

2nd - 5. Only lunatics' ballots write another king.

3rd - 13. Our Land's Bravest, Wisest, and Kindest

4th - 3. Oust Lannister Bastard with Antlered King!

First: 2. Offers Liberation! Borders Widen! Abundant Kisses!

Second: 8. One land! Back Westeros's authentic king!

Third: 6. Only Living Baratheon Wanted as King!

Fourth: 9. Oust Lady Brides. Wed Antlered Knights. 

Honestly, I felt that was tough to choose and not due to great quality. I also think my approach and opinion on what is good in this topic seems different from others. Still, those letters were tough so I'll give y'all a pass.

i am thinking of words i might see on a sign or banner at a rally or other event...

but i tend to agree with Gabe...i am not overwhelmed by the quality...even of my own...perhaps we are overthinking it...

so sayeth the sniffer

:smoking:

I am being influenced by the US primaries...

1st.   6. Only Living Baratheon Wanted as King!   "The only Republican wanted as President is...."

2nd.  11. Our Liberty Begins Without Autocratic Kings  I'm not sure he wouldn't be one, but it's the libertarian stance, sort of

3rd.   5. Only lunatics' ballots write another king.  Sounds so Trumpian...

4th.   3. Oust Lannister Bastard with Antlered King!  I know he wasn't using this tactic, but if it's an open election...

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I also think my approach and opinion on what is good in this topic seems different from others.

I often feel this way and this topic is no different. I don't think campaign slogans are easily captured here, though. There are many aspects to them, from simple to campaign issues to emotive appeal to the sound when spoken or chanted at a rally. Past slogans differ from current ones as well. The internet and tv are part of that. In some ways, you have to kind of pick one aspect and run with it. Even then, it depends on who you think the audience is and whether or not you think the candidate would sell himself as he sees himself, how he wants to be seen or how he thinks others want a king to be.

I actually think the standard this game is pretty good.

I am finding it difficult to sound campaign-y. It's a combination of hard letters, hard concept, and poor knowledge of the subject (on my part.

As for what I am looking for...? I am not even sure there. I guess I am looking for something that might entice me to vote, but also pertains to the subject.

Tough all around. 

I think I'm just not keen on slogans that are bereft of an interesting message, although I will consider it if it flows particularly well. Too many seem a bit empty to me.

The first round was a better standard and the right entry got the most points. In my opinion of course.

9 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I think I'm just not keen on slogans that are bereft of an interesting message, although I will consider it if it flows particularly well. Too many seem a bit empty to me.

Well, it depends if you want a really good slogan, or one that imitates real slogans well. For the second, empty words without a real message seem fiiting... <_<

2 minutes ago, yomi said:

Well, it depends if you want a really good slogan, or one that imitates real slogans well. For the second, empty words without a real message seem fiiting... <_<

My Balon slogan was partly inspired by that thinking. The 'onboard' came not only from ironborn = ships but mainly from the shitty corporate posters I see near the lifts at work telling me that some new section is 'onboarding' (vomit) and I also tried to think of famous effective campaigns and so I thought immediately of a New deal ... originally I had innovative deal but I don't think innovative has the same plain English appeal as new so I went with ironclad deal which I quite liked.

I have decided not to let realism affect me. If the thing has the form of a slogan even if it's not one that could win, I'll vote for it if its funny. I liked the idea of Renly running on a gay marriage platform in Westeros.

For the record I'm not trying to cause discord, the way we have such different opinions is an interesting factor in the game. I realise empty messages are realistic, I just prefer to reward a deeper kind of creativity.

4 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

For the record I'm not trying to cause discord, the way we have such different opinions is an interesting factor in the game. I realise empty messages are realistic, I just prefer to reward a deeper kind of creativity.

Entirely fair. Just remember that we all have times when the only creativity of which we are capable is the shallow kind. ;)

Two entries are missing. If one is yours, you can blame the other one for the extension, but really it is your fault :ninja:

I can not see what the extension will be, I hope I will maybe be able not to be so tired and give the results in a correct time of about a day, but I am no very hopeful.

Archived