Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, IX

3 hours ago, LongRider said:

I've come to hate the fans alleged 'foreshadowing' and fan 'theories.'  It's all  bunk.  So sue me. 

People seem to confuse the terms foreshadowing and idle speculation based on my own preferences these days

I'm not sure if this counts, but for all the people who question "who is on the IT at the end of the series," I  never thought by the end of the series the IT would be important at all.  As in by the time the great houses have been back and forth weakening each other and the full threat of the Others was realized that aspect would change. 

As for a "confession" I guess the closest I could come (and I don't expect it to happen) but there IS a part of me that would love for the series to end with Littlefinger alive and laughing and he takes stock of his empire :D

I don't know if it belongs here but anyway. Recently I read a book about Caterina Sforza a 15th century Italian countess, who after her husband’s death she had to face his murderers.  At one point her enemies had threatened her that they will kill her children and she said something like “Kill them if you want I have what it takes to make more.”. That reminds me of what Agnes Blackwood told to Harwyn Hoare about her having other sons.

On 4/9/2016 at 6:30 AM, HairGrowsBack said:

AFFC is the best book.B)

:cheers:

On 4/9/2016 at 3:28 AM, Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren said:

I don't really believe it, but a part of me is really afraid of classic fantasy trope of different factions (Danny, Jon, Tyrion, and several other characters) uniting against the greater supernatural threat, the Others.

I really don't want that to happen.

Same. I mean, it's not GRMM's way to make this LOTR and the fact that he loves to deconstruct and twist tropes really contradicts this prediction.

28 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I don't know about you guys, but i actually want the book or show to hurry up and confirm R+L=J just so to shut this up and put this and the other theories to rest.

Me too, it's gotten beyond annoying and repetative at this point  

But even than we'll get stupid ass theories about how Jon is everybody's kid except Lyanna and Rhaegar's. 

Im afraid confirming R+L=J will make it worse. 

34 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I don't know about you guys, but i actually want the book or show to hurry up and confirm R+L=J just so to shut this up and put this and the other theories to rest.

"But the show doesn't count! In fact, I firmly believe that making R+L=J on the show means it will NOT happen in the books." - random R+L=J denier #63

Flipflopping from the position of course, that "The show hasn't had any hints so far so it can't be true!" 

Pto summarise: don't hold your breath, people would still reject it

I've always wondered: how much of the world does GRRM have mapped out? Presumably it's grown as the series has progressed, seing as we've heard nothing about so many places shown in Lands in the main series. Does he just make it up as necessary? Does he have a big globe in his study with the entire planet detailed onto it? Does anybody have an answer here?

She had promised to obey; she opened her eyes. He was sitting by her feet, naked. Where his legs joined, his man’s staff poked up stiff and hard from a thicket of coarse yellow hair, but it was the only thing about him that was straight.

Since we know that Tormund's member is the member that was promised, and the fat pink mast is the mummer's member, and since the floppy fish must be the red herring, should we assume that the man's staff is the third head of the dragon? 

Oh, somebody just has to post this in the AJT thread...

Archived