Doran and Dorne in Season 6

Petyr Targaryen

29 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Can we just accept that the books and show are different things now? 

GRRM has already said that some characters that die in the show won't die in the books

Minor characters I'd guess.  Not major.  The books and the TV show will still end roughly the same.  The same way that AGOT, ACOK and ASOS were reasonable adaptations and most of the major events had pretty much the same outcome.

It's this middle phase of the series where GRRM hasn't got a clue himself how certain arcs are going to turn out that won't be the same.  And most of them involve minor characters anyway.  I am sure the ending is better fleshed out and GRRM knows where the major players will end up.  And the TV show are aware of that and will work towards the same.

13 minutes ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

Killing Trystane was the mistake. I never liked Doran, he was hardly better then mace in the books. Trystane is what pissed me the hell off.

Yeah killing Trystane seemed like nothing more than cleaning up shop so they can move the story on. Its a bit crap and would have been far better to just never have introduced him.

8 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Very expensive college might even be oxford from what ive heard

Beinoff is American royalty-  his father is one of the most powerful people on the country.  His high school is like more exclusive than Ivy League but in High Schools.  Costs more than 99% of the country makes in a year, just for high school.  His Dad is on a first-named basis with the President and is a world-powerful businessman.

Hard for me to believe people like that get jobs based on merit.  But what do I know, I'm just a peasant.

27 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yeah killing Trystane seemed like nothing more than cleaning up shop so they can move the story on. Its a bit crap and would have been far better to just never have introduced him.

This goes for Dorne in every case, novel and show. It's almost as if all parties blew their Dorne wad with Oberyn, and couldn't get it up again. I cheered when they killed Trystane. Knocking on wood this is the last we see of Dorne :/

2 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Not sure how your point on this is relevant?  Kinslaying doesn't really matter or mean much.  All that matters is that if Dorne go to war in the books, then the show has them doing it also.  The motivations behind the why?  Doesn't matter.  As long as the outcome is the same (and it will be the same because we've seen it happen in the books over and over.  The whole thing is a plot device to continue to weaken the realm so that the Others can blitz Westeros at the beginning of the Long Night).

Because no one should be following the SS to war. Kin-slaying is one of the biggest taboos there are in Westeros. It's considered much worse than king-slaying.

The Others won't even make it past the Trident.

2 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Not sure how your point on this is relevant?  Kinslaying doesn't really matter or mean much.  All that matters is that if Dorne go to war in the books, then the show has them doing it also.  The motivations behind the why?  Doesn't matter.  As long as the outcome is the same (and it will be the same because we've seen it happen in the books over and over.  The whole thing is a plot device to continue to weaken the realm so that the Others can blitz Westeros at the beginning of the Long Night).

Because no one should be following the SS to war. Kin-slaying is one of the biggest taboos there are in Westeros. It's considered much worse than king-slaying.

1 hour ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I'm really curious now to see where this is heading ... The 2 SS in KL will surely kill someone important, Tommen or Cersei.

Yeah, I bet they will both die, but not before taking Tommen with them to the grave, as an ultimate "Fuck you!" to Cersei. I bet they will poison him just like Joffrey and Myrcella.

And thus Mad Queen will be born, since there will be nothing else she cares about but the throne and the power.

4 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

I don't see them in KL at all. I think they are going to Tyrion and varys to try to ally with dany. 

Good lord I hope not, how many storylines will these cartoonish fools be allowed to pollute?  Hopefully they die in KL ASAP before they can ruin anything else.

25 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Good lord I hope not, how many storylines will these cartoonish fools be allowed to pollute?  Hopefully they die in KL ASAP before they can ruin anything else.

they are combining the dorne allies with aegon part with dany invades part. Dorne we are getting more of too i think. 

3 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

The whole kinslaying situation doesn't seem that relevant to the overall plot of the story so I don't think for the TV show it's that relevant.

The main thing is the TV show finishes the damn story because books never will.  And I'd like the TV show to get the main events and outcome correct.  The road along the way isn't as important anymore.

55 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

they are combining the dorne allies with aegon part with dany invades part. Dorne we are getting more of too i think. 

Why?  For what purpose?  And if this is the plan, why kill Doran?  Why are the badly costumed bad actresses still in the show and the guy who could act is dead?  Who gives a flying fuck about Dorne and what Dorne does or doesn't do?  No one cares, certainly the audience does not care about these stupid as fuck characters, and having killed off the only interesting people in Doran, Hotal, Myrcella, it makes no sense.

Just because Dorne is a factor in the books is no reason they need to be on the show, especially considering how terrible the casting and writing and plot has been.  She doesn't need an antagonist beyond the Lannisters and Tyrells.

I mean seriously, if she needed an adversary they should have cast Aegon in the first place and combined him with Trystane like people thought they would way back when.

6 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Elliara Sands character isn't making much sense, but after looking at the book I can ironically see some of this happening with Arrianne, just under a much different meaning. So here is the book side should turn out

Arriane shows up with Aegon, Doran declines the marriage, Arrianne, fed up has the sand snakes move against Doran, doran dies and trystane is an accidental casuality in that mess instead of the purposeful murder.

Does it make sense? sorta... I am pushing it but its the only way the show and the book plot can be brought together. I always figured Doran would be killed by Varys or Aegon to be honest.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why?  For what purpose?  And if this is the plan, why kill Doran?  Why are the badly costumed bad actresses still in the show and the guy who could act is dead?  Who gives a flying fuck about Dorne and what Dorne does or doesn't do?  No one cares, certainly the audience does not care about these stupid as fuck characters, and having killed off the only interesting people in Doran, Hotal, Myrcella, it makes no sense.

Just because Dorne is a factor in the books is no reason they need to be on the show, especially considering how terrible the casting and writing and plot has been.  She doesn't need an antagonist beyond the Lannisters and Tyrells.

I mean seriously, if she needed an adversary they should have cast Aegon in the first place and combined him with Trystane like people thought they would way back when.

what do you mean why? dany needs to go to westeros now she will have allies when she invades cause doran was in the show not protarg at all. 

now you have dorne on her side when she comes to westeros. she is not there to fight dany she is going to be one of her supporters. 

Now that Door-Anne, the totally-more-useful-than-his-book-counterpart Hotah and Tryskebab are gone, the only thing left to see is whether Foullaria and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Sand Snakes show up to kill someone else.

I really, really hope they show their mugs in as many storylines as possible. Absolute contamination, so more people can finally admit this show has jumped the shark.

30 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

what do you mean why? dany needs to go to westeros now she will have allies when she invades cause doran was in the show not protarg at all. 

now you have dorne on her side when she comes to westeros. she is not there to fight dany she is going to be one of her supporters. 

Who cares?  She doesn't need Dorne in the show, she already has an army of unsullied, of sellwords, soon of Dothraki and I guess she's going to have a Greyjoy fleet as well.

The idea that we NEED Dorne in the show because Dany needs allies is nonsensical.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Who cares?  She doesn't need Dorne in the show, she already has an army of unsullied, of sellwords, soon of Dothraki and I guess she's going to have a Greyjoy fleet as well.

The idea that we NEED Dorne in the show because Dany needs allies is nonsensical.

When did i mention need to do dorne? i am saying what they are going to do. Dany getting to westeros and is going to have allies. they decide that those allies will be the people they already are anti-lannister. 

Archived