Football: Hotspur's Fox Hunt

Zoë Sumra

13 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Sorry to MC and BFC, but Newcastle looks bad.

Like, Everton bad.

cruel.  i wasn't expecting anything from this match anyway, apparently we have the 3rd worst away form in europes top leagues. 

Again, after an ok start, we're dropping back. Not putting pressure on the man with the ball, pressuring one and one, leaving people in space ... 

F*ck that sorry excuse of a manager! And the team, too.

A lot less urgency from Liverpool players today.  But for Mignolet's howler, I think we would have seen it out comfortably.  I hope they all have their focus back for Thursday. 

Sturridge continues to look sharp but his one flaw remains: sometimes tries to do too much himself and disrupts the rhythm and fluency of the team.  Firmino still not back to his pre-injury sharpness.  

And I remain unimpressed by Stewart and Randall. But maybe they'll surprise me and develop further. 

Sakho's situation is weird and will be a big miss for Thursday if the club is omitting him until it is resolved.  The B sample won't be tested for a while. 

1 hour ago, Rorshach said:

Well, there goes the game plan of hanging on by the teeth and perhaps nicking a goal..

I'm actually shocked that you equalized.  Aside from one tricky tie against the Hammers, United looked to have the easiest ever FA Cup campaign, and Everton in complete disarray looked like the easiest part of the easiest ever cup run. 

I hope you can pull off a win now. 

I don't mind much whether he's graceful or not.

This season's over. We need to plan for the next - and only an insane man would include Martinez in those plans. Hope Moshiri isn't insane. He did invest in Everton, though...

Archived