NFL 2016: Is there a draft in here or is it just me?

Maithanet

24 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Dawg, you can make excuses for any player at any position all day to explain things away. But at the end of the day if Sam Bradford is your quarterback your team is capped at 7-9. Likewise, if Peyton Manning's your quarterback you'll be one-and-done and if it's Andrew Luck you're gonna get 5-10 interceptions in the total amount of playoff games played.

And if Christian Ponder is your quarterback you'll have a lingering taste of vomit in your mouth at all times.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

And if Christian Ponder is your quarterback you'll have a lingering taste of vomit in your mouth at all times.

The board took away our ability to post pictures so you're gonna miss the joke I had teed up. 

I hope Ran is happy. 

*storms off* 

17 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

The board took away our ability to post pictures so you're gonna miss the joke I had teed up. 

I hope Ran is happy. 

*storms off* 

Ryan Lindley and I will just have to imagine it. 

10 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I hope Ran is happy. 

*storms off* 

Ha, I can only imagine.

Although the real crime here is that I can no longer hit @DanteGabriel with the Tom Brady Make America Great Again hat picture.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Ryan Lindley and I will just have to imagine it. 

Surprisingly it was actually a joke about the size of Teddy Bridgewater's forehead fivehead. 

1 out of every 10 times, I zig when you think I'll zag. 

6 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Surprisingly it was actually a joke about the size of Teddy Bridgewater's forehead fivehead. 

I didn't mean it literally as a Ryan Lindley reference, unless he has started working at Minneapolis grocery stores this offseason without telling anyone.  I was just lamenting the loss of yet another of our cherished board in-jokes. 

24 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I didn't mean it literally as a Ryan Lindley reference, unless he has started working at Minneapolis grocery stores this offseason without telling anyone.  I was just lamenting the loss of yet another of our cherished board in-jokes. 

Me too! Why'd they take it away? I feel words alone are insufficient to express MY EMOTIONS.

[gif missing]

30 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Just more evidence that he is the heir to PFM.

25 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Baggers make $8.00 per hour here. I don't think he's qualified for that pay rate. 

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Baggers make $8.00 per hour here. I don't think he's qualified for that pay rate. 

He's not the first guy I'd call, but I'd be fine if Indianapolis brought him in as a camp-bagger.

1 minute ago, Reny of Storms End said:

That winning smile has got to get him at least close to that $8.00 per hour range though. 

No, you're thinking of his arm. Which can get a football close to 8 miles per hour.

On 4/21/2016 at 4:45 PM, Tywin et al. said:

It's strange IMO. Teams won't pay Fitz and the Broncos won't give a third for Kaep, but are willing to trade a ton of picks, including 1st rounders, to try and get two young guys a lot of people aren't that high on.

That's because it's a lot easier for a team to talk themselves into the potential of a high-rated rookie QB than a guy whose ceiling is known.  You're not winning a Super Bowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick as your QB.  He's a band-aid at best.  He might play well enough for you to make the playoffs, but that's his ceiling.  Kaepernick has more potential, but he was absolutely awful last year to the point that he lost his job to Blaine fucking Gabbert.  He's also dumb as a box of rocks and can't read a defense to save his life.  That doesn't inspire confidence for any team that wants to run actual plays on offense.  Unless you've got a QB whisperer on your coaching staff, Kaep isn't a guy you're thrilled to have at this point.  Bradford on paper seems like a lot of what you'd want from a starting quarterback, but the guy just can't stay healthy.  

Meanwhile, you've got two rookies who have yet to play an NFL game.  If you're a GM, you can talk yourself into either of them becoming better than the options currently on the table if your team doesn't already have a QB.

On 4/22/2016 at 5:44 PM, Mexal said:

Josh Norman agrees terms with Skins. Interesting for the Skins fans on here.

5 years, 75 million, 50m guaranteed. Gets 51m over first 3 years. That's nuts.

It was later reported it's effectively a 2 year/36.5m contract. The final 3 years are all effectively team options. The NFL - the only place where guaranteed money is not guaranteed.

Still more than I would spend on a CB - I mean he's making Kurt Cousins money these next two years - but at least there's an eject button if he regresses.  He's definitely a very good CB though not sure about 18m a year good. Strange move. I didn't expect the Skins to even be in the running for him. I mean I get it - the defense was 100% smoke and mirrors last year - and a true #1 CB helps out the rest of the secondary immensely. But this feels like a move I expect, well, the Panthers to make as opposed to a "still building" Skins team.

Archived