MLB 2016: Chia Pet Un-Safe Zone

Ramsay B.

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

Speaking of the Padres, I came across this article in my timeline earlier. And sure it's a year old and it's not June 12 yet, but it's still an interesting bit of history and trivia.

'June 12th 1970: One of the most important days in sports history, a day perhaps bigger than any Stanley Cup victory, any World Series, or any Superbowl. 45 years ago today, Dock Ellis pitched an eight-walk, 2-0, no hit-victory while high on LSD.'

http://www.avclub.com/article/45-years-ago-today-dock-ellis-pitched-no-hitter-wh-220797

Not sure if this is an actual baseball card or a photoshop, but it is awesome either way.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/THT-Dock-Ellis-Curlers.jpg

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Not sure if this is an actual baseball card or a photoshop, but it is awesome either way.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/THT-Dock-Ellis-Curlers.jpg

I'm pretty sure he actually used to wear curlers back then, quite the O.G. I wish there was a loose cannon like this nowadays in baseball. Instead the rebel of MLB is Bryce Hipster Harper.

2 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

So Padres just lost a game they were winning 12-2. Miserable failures, indeed.

Wish I could have watched the whole thing but I ended up having to leave the house after the 4th. I know I tell myself this every season, and I'm basically always wrong, but I honestly think this could be the Mariners year. So many things seem to be breaking the Mariners way that it makes me really hopeful that we'll finally end the post season drought and maybe finally make that elusive first World Series appearance.

28 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

That was awesome and a potential game saver. All of the big 3 gave up a run yesterday but Pineda finally looked good.

It might be the big 2 by the end of the season. They could probably get a decent haul for Chapman and Miller if they decide to move either one. 

23 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It might be the big 2 by the end of the season. They could probably get a decent haul for Chapman and Miller if they decide to move either one. 

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll lose Miller since he has a few years left on his contract and Yankees could potentially get more in a trade. Literally every team in contention would be interested. I'm just hoping we get some worthwhile, young talent and re-sign Chapman.

33 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll lose Miller since he has a few years left on his contract and Yankees could potentially get more in a trade. Literally every team in contention would be interested. I'm just hoping we get some worthwhile, young talent and re-sign Chapman.

I'd be ok with it if they traded both and got top shelf prospects in return.  I'm still pissed they didn't trade Cano and Robertson. 

2 hours ago, Triskan said:

The Gigantes continue to own the Cards and indeed have the best record against them of any NL team since 2008.  Do any Dodger fans find this ironic?

When the Giants play the Cards I root for meteor strike.

Dodgers have DFA'd Carl Crawford! They'd rather eat the remaining $35 million on his contract than actually play him. This is perhaps the smartest baseball move of all time.

3 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Dodgers have DFA'd Carl Crawford! They'd rather eat the remaining $35 million on his contract than actually play him. This is perhaps the smartest baseball move of all time.

Aside from trading him to the Dodgers in the first place four years ago... Seriously, thanks again for eating that contract.

12 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Aside from trading him to the Dodgers in the first place four years ago... Seriously, thanks again for eating that contract.

And we'd do it again. Adrian Gonzalez was worth it.

5 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

And we'd do it again. Adrian Gonzalez was worth it.

Sincerely glad he is working out for you. Didn't seem like it was going to work for him in Boston and I wanted him to do well. He was unreal until the All-Star break in his first season here, and then tailed off after. I always wondered if the home run derby (I watched because he was in it) had fucked him up somehow.

A decent brawl between Orioles and the Royals. Ventura threw inside twice to Machado during his 2nd ab and after he popped out, Machado was barking at Ventura. So Ventura plunked him the next ab in the hip and Machado charged the mound(in clear pain) and landed a decent punch before almost hitting a DDT on Yordano. Ventura has always been a punk so this is no surprise, but Manny was just as, if not more, responsible this time.

Bottom of the first in San Francisco, Red Sox at Giants, Price vs. Bumgarner, Hanley Ramirez skies implausibly high to deny a base hit, and then they show that Joe Montana's in the house. Pretty cool.

Archived