MLB 2016: Chia Pet Un-Safe Zone

Ramsay B.

So Thor got tossed for throwing behind Utley with no warnings or anything given prior to it. There's obviously intent there but just an odd decision by the ump. 

Is Pineda tipping his pitches or something? What the fuck happened to him? His whip is now 1.65!

36 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

So Thor got tossed for throwing behind Utley with no warnings or anything given prior to it. There's obviously intent there but just an odd decision by the ump. 

Yeah, I think he should've just issued a warning there rather than tossing him.  I understand why he did it but I think it hurt the situation more than it helped.

I too found it strange that Thor got tossed. Obviously an intent pitch, but also obviously never meant to hit him. On the other hand the Mets need to get the fuck over it. The longer they carry this grudge the more petulant they look. Probably won't help much that Utley threw himself a party and feasted on their bullpen after Thor's early exit.

Omg Justin Upton is sure looking like buyers remorse for Motown through the first third of this season. I can't believe this guys made three All-Star teams. He belongs straight in that Eastwood movie "Cant Hit the Curve" or the splitter or the changeup or anyfucking thing else.

Nice to see the M's put the boots to the Dadres after getting thoroughly embarrassed by the Twins last week. I think this team could win it all this season, and if they played every game on the road, they could break their own record of most wins in a season.

Really it's just nice to see them 9 games over .500 and locked in a tight race with the Rangers for 1st in the AL West. Meaningful baseball is the best kind of baseball.

Also, did anyone else see the latest All-Star Game voting numbers for the AL? Royals fans need to go die in a fire, the homer fucks.

1 hour ago, GrimTuesday said:

Also, did anyone else see the latest All-Star Game voting numbers for the AL? Rangers fans need to go die in a fire, the homer fucks.

Do you mean Royals fans instead of Rangers? Cause those turkeys are stuffing the ballot again this year. This fan voting shit needs to go the way of the dodo.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Do you mean Royals fans instead of Rangers? Cause those turkeys are stuffing the ballot again this year. This fan voting shit needs to go the way of the dodo.

That's exactly what I meant (don't actually dislike the Rangers, but that is mostly because they have Beltre). Only two Royals deserve to be in the top 5 at their position, those being Hosmer and Perez. Omar Infante, does not deserve to be ahead of Robinson Cano at 2nd base. I say, because the Royals fans are being such assholes, we strip the Royals of their World Series, and give it to either the Mariners or the Nats, since neither have one, then all the Royals fans can go back to being Cardinals fans like they were a few years ago.

So yesterday was MLB's Roberto Clemente day and I just noticed this article- http://theundefeated.com/features/roberto-clemente-was-a-fierce-critic-of-both-baseball-and-american-society/

Wow, can you imagine a team with that 1961 outfield the NL Allstars had with Clemente, Mays, Cepeda, Aaron and Frank Robinson to boot? I didnt look it up, but i'm presuming they had McCovey at firstbase with that lineup as well? Either way what a group.

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So yesterday was MLB's Roberto Clemente day and I just noticed this article- http://theundefeated.com/features/roberto-clemente-was-a-fierce-critic-of-both-baseball-and-american-society/

Wow, can you imagine a team with that 1961 outfield the NL Allstars had with Clemente, Mays, Cepeda, Aaron and Frank Robinson to boot? I didnt look it up, but i'm presuming they had McCovey at firstbase with that lineup as well? Either way what a group.

Yeah had to check, apparently McCovey didnt play his first Allstar game till 1963, but this NL Allstar roster also had Musial and Koufax on it , so pretty amazing- http://www.baseball-almanac.com/asgbox/yr1961as.shtml

Not that the 61 AL Allstar roster wasnt also amazing with Mantle, Maris, Kaline, Eddie Mathews and Whitey Ford. Interestingly in 61 MLB featured a doubleheader Allstar game with the first game in Candlestick ( the game mentioned in the Clemente article) and a second game at Fenway, the Fenway game was never completed and called (tie) due to rain. 

We're all proud that your Dodgers were finally able to get some runs off of the worst pitcher in the Cubs bullpen last night, Gobby. I mean I suppose they were due after being no hit by the rest of the pen the night before...

47 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

am I the only one who liked cubs fans a whole lot more when they were irrelevant?

You'd think not winning a World Series since 1908 would give them just a little bit of humility, right?

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

You'd think not winning a World Series since 1908 would give them just a little bit of humility, right?

they made a few playoffs,  had a cy young pitcher and hired a good manager and it is almost like they forgot being a rotting pile of dogshit next to a hobo encampment for over a hundred years.

Archived