[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Walder Frey and Jaime Lannister in RR celebrating a wedding... They have to wrap up Walder Frey. So, Arya and wolf pack and perhaps BwB slaughter Freys.

Oops, forgot to put it in my list. Quite funny considering I was talking about it afterwards :D

49 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, where did you see this, I missed it...

0:29 & 0:30

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, thank you. :)

(She's cupping his cheek... classic lover's gesture...)

I am little scared. I hope they are not saying goodbye or something like that. It is the one of the few relationships I do like on the show. 

2 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I am little scared. I hope they are not saying goodbye or something like that. It is the one of the few relationships I do like on the show. 

He is not rumored to die. I think there's genuine love between them in the books.

I've kinda gone 'fuck it' with all the sillyness. 

But why did we have no Northerner having an 'oh shit' moment when they seen the Giant?   Why wouldn't Jon have taken him to the Parley?  I would have just so it got back to camp they were up against a giant or two.  You know these things always get exaggerated. 

Then what happened the Giants Bow and arrows?  FFS if Wun Wun losed one of them bad boys as Ramsey was aiming at Rickon he could pin Ramsey to Winterfells wall. 

And where ta fuck is Ghost?  Keeping Eds feet warm at Castle Black? 

2 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

Really?  I'd have called it Shooting Unit (Northern Ireland) and Shooting Unit (Croatia) so people know what they do.  Call me old-fashioned. :dunno: Who shoots the stuff in other locations?

Calling it Shooting Unit (Northern Ireland) wouldn't have went down too well considering our history lol. 

Oh, just seeing Larry is at the Red Wedding 2.0. So some more filming rumors, there's a scene in a graveyard, and a Merrett Frey type character was cast. Let's add that to Arya serving Walder Frey poisoned pies. And Sandor is with the BWB. Here's hoping for an Arya and Sandor reunion.

Here's the casting:

This is a very good part in this season who appears in three episodes.
We need a characterful-looking guy – long nose and skeletal features and perhaps a bit sly – to play a son who is unable to live up to the demands of his savage father. We need a really good actor for this part – he has good scenes with lots of the leading cast. The character has a great storyline. There are no options and this is a one-off opportunity for a good clever actor to come and make his mark on this major hit show.

18 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Haha, in the Inside the Episode they are referring they took inspiration from a battle with Hannibal. You know, those pike things were really weird. THEY ARE NOT ROMANS 

What theu ripped off another popular thing over using what they're supposed to i'm shocked /S

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, just seeing Larry is at the Red Wedding 2.0. So some more filming rumors, there's a scene in a graveyard, and a Merrett Frey type character was cast. Let's add that to Arya serving Walder Frey poisoned pies. And Sandor is with the BWB. Here's hoping for an Arya and Sandor reunion.

Here's the casting:

Great catch. "Lots of the main cast" makes me hype.

1 hour ago, SerMixalot said:

Can we stop having Tyrion give speeches? PLEASE

I'll raise a glass for that! I'm so annoyed how no one ever opposes what Tyrion has to say. In this episode he throws a wobbly about Theon mocking him years ago like a petty little school girl and all Theon can do is give a look of submission like everyone who Tyrion talks down to. Also, it was a really nice touch for Tyrion to ask Theon how things have been going for him since he mocked the great imp. As if Theon's problems were due to the dwarf jokes he made!

As for the rest of the episode, I was pleasantly surprised to see Mereen since I thought this episode was Winterfell only. Dany finally becoming a true dragonrider was cool to see and even cooler was to see her controlling all three dragons like I always knew she would. Some silly bits here and there but still awesome. Was really nice to see Yara and Dany face to face aswell.

The battle of Winterfell was visually stunning but I was bothered by how obvious it all was. Sansa has been telling for several episodes that they lack the men which meant they'd be losing the battle. She also hid the option of the Vale army for no logical reason, which meant that she'd bring them in as a surprise move at the very moment when all hope was lost for Jon. The last of the giants was doomed to die the moment Jon talked about extinction to him a couple of episodes back. Rickon was doomed to die. So was Ramsay. Jon and Sansa have plot armor. I felt like I had seen the entire battle before it had even begun and it's all because of how the show wants to highlight every little meaningful conversation to the point even a rock knows what's going to happen. I feel the same with Cersei and Tommen too. But perhaps it's due to the platform. Books can be so much more subtle and tv has to appeal to masses and dumb things down. I've seen many people being all shocked about Rickon or the introduction of the Vale army, which kinda proves the point that many people still can't see the obvious clues.

7 hours ago, Super Mario said:

Couldn't bring myself to watch the episode again, but one thing that boils my piss is the people who see Sansa's killing of Ramsay as being badass but criticise Arya for being a psychopath. 

Yeah. I am a book Sansa fan so to see them basically twist her into this vile Cersei like creature really pissed me off. Ramsay definitely should have been executed but not like this. Sansa and Jon should have upheld the Old Way to pay homage to their father and their House's principles. Instead we get Sansa reveling in a man getting eaten alive by dogs. George made Sansa one of the few characters that  doesn't easily revel in the pain and suffering of her enemies (Joffrey, Lancel) to show that even though she's glad some of these people can no longer hurt her, it doesn't change what happened to her nor make everything magically better. A big theme in ASOIAF is the futility of revenge. The show once again did the complete opposite.

11 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

Yeah. I am a book Sansa fan so to see them basically twist her into this vile Cersei like creature really pissed me off. Ramsay definitely should have been executed but not like this. Sansa and Jon should have upheld the Old Way to pay homage to their father and their House's principles. Instead we get Sansa reveling in a man getting eaten alive by dogs. George made Sansa one of the few characters that  doesn't easily revel in the pain and suffering of her enemies (Joffrey, Lancel) to show that even though she's glad some of these people can no longer hurt her, it doesn't change what happened to her nor make everything magically better. A big theme in ASOIAF is the futility of revenge. The show once again did the complete opposite.

I think they overdid it in response to the plotline that Sansa had last year. That's why Sansa is both cold, ruthless and manipulative while also being paranoid, damaged and traumatized.

1 minute ago, Winter's Cold said:

I think they overdid it in response to the plotline that Sansa had last year. That's why Sansa is both cold, ruthless and manipulative while also being paranoid, damaged and traumatized.

And this annoys me even more because they wrote her into that ridiculous story line with no understanding of what they were doing or the implications. So now the character has to pay once again for their mishandling of her character arc.

Archived