[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

2 minutes ago, sonsastronk said:

Actually, Arya CAN face change. Remember Meryn Trant?

And this show is always not going to make sense, to be honest. I say forget Walder Frey. Let's tie this shit up.

Ah, fudge me, you're right.

Well it has to be the face of someone dead.  Maybe she gets the waif's face as a parting gift from creepy Uncle in a bathrobe.

Across seasons 5 and 6 they managed to put every character's storyline on hold for an entire season or more. Admittedly, some are minor or supporting characters (or should be, I'm looking at you Ramsay!) but I think the point still stands:

Bran: Sir Not Appearing in Season 5.
Cersei: Waiting for her imminent trial for an entire season.
Tyrion: So many minutes of boring and pointless conversations, almost no politics and zero character development.
Varys: St. Tyrion's cheerleader and verbal punching bag.
Arya: Stuck repeating Mercy and stick fight classes.
Dany: Pointless excursion with the Dothraki.
Jamie: Disappeared in Dorne. Made it back but seems confused about which season his characterisation is stuck in.
Bron: “Comedy” relief.

Ramsay: Sat around Winterfell doing nothing.
The Martell family: Killed off.
Faullaria and The Sandsnakes: Got their revenge on the Martells! Then disappeared.
Yara and the Ironborn: Put on hold until this season, then fast-forwarded to Meereen.
Margery: Prisoner of the Faith. Apparently scheming.
Loras: Sir (Mostly) Not Appearing in Season 6.
The Queen of Thorns: Senile.
Kevan: Pointless.
Brienne: Sat around for S5 waiting for a candle, then abandoned her post for revenge. Spent half this season rubbing that in Davos & Mel's faces.
Pod: Pointless.
Sam: Went home for dinner, nicked family sword. Still not at the citadel.
Gilly: Noted the existence of English homographs and homonyms.
Gilly's baby: Frozen in time.
Stannis: Dead. Plot transplanted to Jon.
Jon: World's worst recruiter. Still knows nothing.
Davos: Shifted undying loyalty from Stannis to Jon. Continues to make his lords' arguments for them.
Mel: Despite performing a miracle, on a bit of a downer about getting it wrong with Stannis. Mostly stays in her room.
The Hound: Disappeared for a season. Tried peace for an episode. It didn't take.
High Sparrow and the Faith Militant: At least a season's worth of time wasting. Mainly in the most boring set on the entire show.
Jorah: Travelled around trying to reach his precious Khaleesi. Did that some more. Told to cure himself.
Dario: Went on a pointless road trip with Jorah.
Littlefinger: Mostly off-screen, waiting for Sansa to forgive him?
The Blackfish: Never important, returns to die off-screen.
The Direwolves: Died or disappeared.
Osha: Brought back to die.
Rickon: Brought back to die. Didn't even get a single line.
Balon Greyjoy: Won the War of the Five Kings by default. Brought back to die.
Beric and the BWB: Disappeared. Apparently a faction split off to murder peasants and molest each other. Came back to recruit the Hound. Seems pointless without Stoneheart.
The Three-Eyed Crow: Underwent a makeover. Didn't really get around to showing or teaching Bran anything so just data-dumped everything into his brain before dying.
The Season of Autumn: Looks like we're just skipping from summer to winter.

That's a lot of characters wasting a lot of time. I can't wait to see how they cram the bullet points of Winds of Winter into seven episodes.:bang:

14 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

She booked her own ship to cross the Narrow sea, she still has her money that she snatched back. The Theatre Troupe is not going back to Westeros. It's moving on to Pentos. 

The theater troupe doesn't exist, nor do the bags of money. Arya will turn up at Riverrun because the plot demands it and that is the amount of thought D&D are putting into this. The theater troupe would have been too clever by a half for them (and not grimdark enough).

ETA: See also, the Snakes literally teleporting onto the boat with Trystane so they could murder that plotline

8 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

And yet they have a full page of credits for the Wolf Unit?!    Did all those people make that awful too-small Shaggydog head, because I saw no other wolves?

Maybe that was just for the limited Ghost and Summer CGI that we got. Where did you get the page credits info?

14 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Ah, fudge me, you're right.

Well it has to be the face of someone dead.  Maybe she gets the waif's face as a parting gift from creepy Uncle in a bathrobe.

You know someone pointed out that there was a face already in the spot where Arya left the Waif's... perhaps she took it? 

2 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

You know someone pointed out that there was a face already in the spot where Arya left the Waif's... perhaps she took it? 

Maybe it's a young girl and she'll lure Walder with it for the FOURTH rendition of Mercy!

I am kidding, of course. But the possibilities are not overwhelming here.

1 hour ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Are we sure Arya is returning to Westeros this season?  I feel her story is done this year.;

Well, if Yara and Theon can get to Mereen that fast, then I think we can presume Arya's already traveling the RL in the finale and near RR.

3 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

They have two shooting units, called the Wolf unit (North Ireland) and a Dragon Unit (stuff in Croatia etc).

It has nothing to do with CGI of the wolves.

Really?  I'd have called it Shooting Unit (Northern Ireland) and Shooting Unit (Croatia) so people know what they do.  Call me old-fashioned. :dunno: Who shoots the stuff in other locations?

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

Of following things will certain happen: 

• Bran 
  • Daario & Dany, Tyrion & Dany
  • Davos and Mel, Sansa & Jon, Sansa & BF
  • Carol & Trial
  • High Sparrow & Tommen

Did I miss something from the trailer? 

Walder Frey and Jaime Lannister in RR celebrating a wedding... They have to wrap up Walder Frey. So, Arya and wolf pack and perhaps BwB slaughter Freys.

I dare say, I think this show has fallen victim to the same problems as Phantom Menace.

Seasons 1-4 are like the classics, some cracks but enough good stuff you can paste over them, some great moments and some epic moments.

Seasons 5-6 shove a bunch CIG and spectacle in, remove all characterizations from everyone, and basically survive off of people either too invested to quit, or who only really cared about the CIG spectacle anyway.

Archived