[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

1 hour ago, Chebyshov said:

Sorry, sorry, just saw this.

I'm hoping to! I'm trying to figure out a way to expand and make them even more dramatically satisfying, not that random images slopped onto my blog wasn't stunning, lol.

But for sure, I'll try to set something up so we can maybe bounce around category ideas and all that. I know I'd like to add "they totally earned their paycheck" for the likes of Max von Sydow and such.

Excellent! And yes, that new category is good, we should have had it last year. Much to think about, so much to pick from. :lol:

1 hour ago, Chebyshov said:

Well I certainly can't blame you for that!

When I get a free moment I'm going to throw together a gdoc with category ideas based on last year and such and send that around. I'm gutted that "best Olly reaction shot" won't be in contention anymore :crying:.

But on the bright side we can add "Best Northern Lord's Memory."

There's the Best Sandra Smirk, tough...

17 minutes ago, Lau-la Mora said:

Hey guys! I'm a long time lurker, I love this thread :)

Read this today, thought you might rant about it better than I can 

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-22/game-of-thrones-star-iwan-rheon-reckons-ramsay-isnt-as-bad-as-joffrey

Rheon answering who's worse, Ramsay or Joffrey:

I think it's Joffrey! Because he was all-powerful and he did things purely because he could, but he never did his own dirty work. Whereas Ramsay, it was a real battle for him to reach where he got — the heights of being Warden of the North. It was all against the odds. He's a bastard, and he had no right to be there in the world of the show. At least he does his own dirty work. I think there's something more to him."

LOL

That's hilarious. Poor Wamsay Sue! He's had humble beginnings, he rose to WotN on his own, and he does his own dirty work, unlike Joffrey. 

My heart bleeds for you, Wamsay Sue. 

3 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

I'm only slightly hopeful we'll get any sort of rationale. D & D are terrible at following up with this sort of stuff. And even if such a reason is given, I'm even less hopeful that it will make a lick of sense.

It's like the Brienne "A man" bullshit. Why did Brienne do that? Back after episode 2 or whatever you had hoped that would get resolved or explained. But, nope. No explanation or resolution was forthcoming. Brienne just rides off to the RL, without fixing things, and we as the audience are supposed to be fine with that because that's how D & D wanted the story to go. They don't care that Brienne looks bad in that situation or they are not even aware of it.

Yeah Brienne's "A man" was D&D in all their brilliance. They sat around thinking how do we address a conversation between Brienne and Sansa about Arya without bringing up the Hound. I wonder which of the two morons came up with the "A man" solution. Next episode we might have Sansa telling Jon you didn't trust me enough to include me in your battle plans but nevertheless I came through for you and saved the day with my brilliant strategic mind. 

This is about last episode, but it has been pissing me off, and it relates to the adapters' terrible terrible ability to make scenes realistic.

Ok,

Ramsay is tied up in his chair in the kennels, right?  Fine, that's easy.  He was dragged there, tied up, and Sansa waited for him to revive.

The hounds are hungry and haven't been fed for 7 days.  Ok, got that.  Makes sense, oooh hungry hounds, they are going to get that Ramsay.

WAIT, WHO the HELL opened the kennel doors?  We see the dogs slinking out of their cages--the doors have been opened a little bit.

a.) why didn't the dogs come out earlier.  Does hunger wait for a Sansa and Ramsay dialogue to pass?

b.) why didn't the dogs eat whoever OPENED the doors?

c.) WHO THE HELL OPENED THE DOORS?

d.) Whoever opened the doors would have been EATEN by 7 day hungry hounds.

WHERE IS THE VERISIMILITUDE IN THIS SHOW?

1 minute ago, Ser Quork said:

Hm, the whole of the Vale Army or 100 IB ships ... tricky one.

I was also considering the Sand Snakes and possibly the Night King, but admittedly they do pale in comparison.

The SS appearing on the ship to kill Trystane was possibly the most amusingly stupid use of teleportation.

Just now, Dolorous Gabe said:

I was also considering the Sand Snakes and possibly the Night King, but admittedly they do pale in comparison.

The SS appearing on the ship to kill Trystane was possibly the most amusingly stupid use of teleportation.

The Night King!  I forgot about that one - I mean, was that astral plane travel and time travel and teleportation all rolled into one?  Did he mark Bran in the past and say, "Cortana, remind me in X years to be at the cave in W3 hard north 13 and straight on til morning."? Or what?

4 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

This is about last episode, but it has been pissing me off, and it relates to the adapters' terrible terrible ability to make scenes realistic.

Ok,

Ramsay is tied up in his chair in the kennels, right?  Fine, that's easy.  He was dragged there, tied up, and Sansa waited for him to revive.

The hounds are hungry and haven't been fed for 7 days.  Ok, got that.  Makes sense, oooh hungry hounds, they are going to get that Ramsay.

WAIT, WHO the HELL opened the kennel doors?  We see the dogs slinking out of their cages--the doors have been opened a little bit.

a.) why didn't the dogs come out earlier.  Does hunger wait for a Sansa and Ramsay dialogue to pass?

b.) why didn't the dogs eat whoever OPENED the doors?

c.) WHO THE HELL OPENED THE DOORS?

d.) Whoever opened the doors would have been EATEN by 7 day hungry hounds.

WHERE IS THE VERISIMILITUDE IN THIS SHOW?

Excellent excellent point.  But then verisimilitude was destroyed, riddled with arrows, and stacked in a pile during the battle as well.  Hell, before the season even began, it had already been charred beyond recognition.  At this point, we're just winging it.

21 minutes ago, teej6 said:

. Next episode we might have Sansa telling Jon you didn't trust me enough to include me in your battle plans but nevertheless I came through for you and saved the day with my brilliant strategic mind. 

What probably should have really happened.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong: Sandra Snark Edition

After feeling disrespected by Jon Snow, because Jon didn't ask for her input enough, Sandra had a choice to make. Should she tell him about the Vale forces or should she keep it real?

Sandra chose to keep it real.

Sandra said,"Fuck this bullshit! He needs to recognize I'm a Boss Ass Individual now. I'm not telling him shit!"

What Sandra didn't know was that RamsaySue's recon had learned about the Vale Army. With his forces occupying a central position between the Vale Army and Jon's forces and with a strong base of operations located at Winterfell, RamsaySue, with his 20 good men, decided to launch an operation, which would defeat the Vale Army and Jon's forces piecemeal. RamsaySue's army rapidly marched south down the King's Road, met the Vale Army and defeated it. RamsaySue then turned his army around and met Jon's Army and defeated it too.

With the Vale Army and Jon's Army utterly destroyed by RamsaySue, Sandra was forced to go back to Winterhell and be Ramsay's wife. Sandra tried to tell RamsaySue that she was a Boss Ass Individual now and he had better recognize. Unfortunately for Sandra, RamsaySue wasn't buying it.

1 minute ago, Ser Quork said:

The Night King!  I forgot about that one - I mean, was that astral plane travel and time travel and teleportation all rolled into one?  Did he mark Bran in the past and say, "Cortana, remind me in X years to be at the cave in W3 hard north 13 and straight on til morning."? Or what?

:lol:  that cracked me up! nice one!

7 minutes ago, Apathetic Onlooker said:

Excellent excellent point.  But then verisimilitude was destroyed, riddled with arrows, and stacked in a pile during the battle as well.  Hell, before the season even began, it had already been charred beyond recognition.  At this point, we're just winging it.

Exactly.  And all the bodies piling up together?  IN AN OPEN FIELD?

I guess Starks/Stark loyalists really do prefer to run in a straight line.

9 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

:lol:  that cracked me up! nice one!

:)

The stupid is strong in these writers.

That arm mark on Bran bothers me though - almost as much as the ravens flying wherever they're asked to.  I feel like I've slipped into Harry Potter's world with the Trace and owls. :(

Anyway, this is a good fan-made trailer - until the last scene where I trantrummed out  :tantrum:

11 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

What probably should have really happened.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong: Sandra Snark Edition

After feeling disrespected by Jon Snow, because Jon didn't ask for her input enough, Sandra had a choice to make. Should she tell him about the Vale forces or should she keep it real?

Sandra chose to keep it real.

Sandra said,"Fuck this bullshit! He needs to recognize I'm a Boss Ass Individual now. I'm not telling him shit!"

What Sandra didn't know was that RamsaySue's recon had learned about the Vale Army. With his forces occupying a central position between the Vale Army and Jon's forces and with a strong base of operations located at Winterfell, RamsaySue, with his 20 good men, decided to launch an operation, which would defeat the Vale Army and Jon's forces piecemeal. RamsaySue's army rapidly marched South down the Kings Road, met the Vale Army and defeated it. RamsaySue then turned his army around and met Jon's Army and defeated it too.

With the Vale Army and Jon's Army utterly destroyed by RamsaySue, Sandra was forced to go back to Winterhell and be Ramsay's wife. Sandra tried to tell RamsaySue that she was a Boss Ass Individual now and he had better recognize. Unfortunately for Sandra, RamsaySue wasn't buying it.

What ought to happen is that Jon tells Sansa he's going to behead her, for withholding crucial information that led to thousands of his men being killed.

Just now, SeanF said:

What ought to happen is that Jon tells Sansa he's going to behead her, for withholding crucial information that led to thousands of his men being killed.

Absolutely. He should tell her she's a vile traitorous awful stupid person and has lost all claim to winterfell or to be taken seriously as an ally or family member.  But, what will happen is he will recognize she's a Boss.Ass. Individual and that he was terribly sexist in not asking her earlier her opinion on the battle so she could hysterically shriek at him that she don't know nuthin bout no tactics, dont know nuthin bout nuthin except that Ramsay is bad and tricksy.  ? 

I truly hope they are writing these episodes while they are drunk or high as it would reflect much better that this was all done while mentally compromised in some way.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I wouldn't mind that. She's a smirking, feeding-the-dogs-Bolton now, after all.

Okay, but seriously.

Can someone explain what they think Dan and Dave thought they were doing when they had Sansa complain nobody is asking her opinion and then when Jon does ask her...she flies into a rage and tells him she knows nothing about tactics or anything....all she knows is that he must not do what Ramsay wants him to and they need more men, but doesn't tell him about the Vale army??

What did they think they're showing there?

Cas, they think they're showing a hardened and an empowered woman. They don't realize they're literally silencing her and making her a moron.

Same with the withholding the Vale troops info. It doesn't even occur to them how dumb this is.

Here's what I got for my favorite category:

Most relatable Carol moment:

• Carol isn’t allowed to go to her daughter’s funeral :(
  • Carol isn’t allowed to participate at the small council :(
  • Olenna calls Carol the most vile person she’s ever met :(
  • Carol’s long-term boyfriend gets sent away :(
  • Carol’s threatened to be dragged out of her house by bullies :(

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Okay, but seriously.

Can someone explain what they think Dan and Dave thought they were doing when they had Sansa complain nobody is asking her opinion and then when Jon does ask her...she flies into a rage and tells him she knows nothing about tactics or anything....all she knows is that he must not do what Ramsay wants him to and they need more men, but doesn't tell him about the Vale army??

What did they think they're showing there?

They like to write in dramatic conflict even when and where it makes no sense. That's the best explanation I can think of.

Archived