[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

How the hells did Batfinger know he'd  find Sandra at Castle Black? Does he own the Mole's Town brothel? Or is it a franchise? All this talk of Carol nominations is making me think of possible nominees.

3 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

And what was the entire point of Horn Hill? All that of cast of Archie Bunker and the fam, all new sets, costuming for Gilly... 

A Wasted Allocation of Money Carol Award?

38 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

OMG!!!  This post alone points out how moronic the show has become.  I've already determined that they are racing to the end as fast as they can, I wonder.......are they consciously racing to the bottom of the barrel as well, or is that just a bonus?

Some of the stuff is so out there, like happy shitting, fuck the tits off her, and the previously mentioned scene it feels like they're doing it as their own inside joke, or as a further fuck you to critics of bad pussy..oh,you didn't like bad pussy...take happy shitting and a cock joke every episode.  Also,the Hound saying he likes chicken is self parody, it's a wink wink at the audience...

Yes, please I wish they would finish this show in 7 more episodes. Just end the madness.

9 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

And what was the entire point of Horn Hill? All that of cast of Archie Bunker and the fam, all new sets, costuming for Gilly... 

It was the same point as Castle Stokeworth last year: none point.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Some of the stuff is so out there, like happy shitting, fuck the tits off her, and the previously mentioned scene it feels like they're doing it as their own inside joke, or as a further fuck you to critics of bad pussy..oh,you didn't like bad pussy...take happy shitting and a cock joke every episode.  Also,the Hound saying he likes chicken is self parody, it's a wink wink at the audience...

Yes, please I wish they would finish this show in 7 more episodes. Just end the madness.

I know right, squeezing the few parts of the story they were once interested in........along with, yes, the smelling of their own farts, in only 7 episodes MIGHT actually make things entertaining.  :lmao:

So they said that we don't care if things happen to minor characters (even though we do). That was their excuse for the Sansa and Jeyne swap.

Rickon Stark was brought back after all this time just to die. He had two wordless scenes, one of which was a gory graphic death. They treated him like a minor character.

Seems like to be consistent, they should have had a main character die instead.

It's true, I was being quite scornful there, they are just making excuses for their poor writing skills, but also for their poor and quite questionable narrative choices. It was super important to them that Jeyne's story be given prominence. But not Rickon's story. Seems like a rather odd choice. Jeyne is a minor background character, who was there solely to show Ramsay's and Littlefinger's cruelty. Rickon is, in Bran's absence, the lord of Winterfell, he's a Stark, they are central to this series.

(And of course, it goes without saying, they had no concerns about dropping Sansa's own story, and she's a main character... It's all quite disingenuous.)

4 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

My biggest complaint about Ramsey's dogs is.........even IF Lady DarkSandra felt it necessary to feed Ramsey to the dogs, am I the only one who thinks the next order given should have been:  Ok, archers.........FIRE!!  Those dogs are still dangerous to anyone there, I would think.  I know, I'm asking the show to make sense, I should know better, right?

I was thinking the same. In a real world example: I know in many of the concentration camps the dogs were trained to tear the prisoners apart. I remember reading one story from  a soldier that  liberated the camps (the Nazis had abandoned the camps before they arrived) had found that the prisoners had shot many of the dogs to death. There is no way that Ramsay's dogs could be allowed to stay alive. They've tasted human flesh and were trained to hunt humans. But I doubt they'll even have one line of dialogue saying that the dogs were put down. It's little things like this that annoy me. The dogs were such a featured weapon throughout the seasons that it's only right to say what happened to them.

42 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

The "people don't care about minor characters" is just more of their writing incompetence. What they're really saying is that we aren't good enough writers to make people care.

They just took a narrative shortcut, but they've taken so many shortcuts they're now heading in a different direction.

I always hate their bullshit justifications. People liked Karsi and she was only in one episode for 20 mins. When you know how to write a compelling minor character people will like them. Minor characters enrich stories and bring the world to life. Other shows are able to do this with much smaller budgets and more constraints. But somehow they can't? They're full of it.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

You know, it's funny. I think I read somewhere that D&D avoid reading internet forums about the show because they ain't about that life, but you just know they're familiar with the Colonel Sandor's Fried Chicken memes, with the endless jokes about Theon's dick (or lack thereof), with the whole "hang five, brah" thing when Margaery banged Tommen, with Stannis' grammar Nazi shtick, and other fanservice-y stuff because they like doubling down on that every once in a while. 

10 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Rheon answering who's worse, Ramsay or Joffrey:

I think it's Joffrey! Because he was all-powerful and he did things purely because he could, but he never did his own dirty work. Whereas Ramsay, it was a real battle for him to reach where he got — the heights of being Warden of the North. It was all against the odds. He's a bastard, and he had no right to be there in the world of the show. At least he does his own dirty work. I think there's something more to him."

LOL

That's hilarious. Poor Wamsay Sue! He's had humble beginnings, he rose to WotN on his own, and he does his own dirty work, unlike Joffrey. 

My heart bleeds for you, Wamsay Sue. 

OMG! Do D&D give them these weird interpretations of their characters or do they just make it up? John Bradley thinks he tricked Jon into letting him leave the NW so that he could be with Gilly, then Sophie Turner in her warped sense of reality thinks her character is the embodiment of women's liberation and empowerment, Emilia Clarke thinks Dany's killing of a lot of people makes her a pretty cool and badass hero, and now this BS from Rheon Iwan.  I mean at this point everyone seems to think their character is a victim that fought against all odds and rose above his/her station and circumstances and triumphed. I wonder how Aidan Gillen views Batfinger, probably as the unsung hero of the series.  

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

So, Sandra has a convo with LF, he tells her he's got the Vale army at MC. And she tells him he's either an imbecile or the enemy, tells him to sod off. 

Did he say he was going to stay put until when the plot required him to receive a raven from Sandra? How much time - I know, LOL - passes between the convo in MT and LF receiving the raven? Did she have any reason to expect him to still be there? How long have Sandra and Emo and Davos been going around recruiting? 

Yeah didn't you know Sandra is Jean Grey so she can mind control the raven and telepathically communicate with her pimp wherever he is. 

Archived