Am I the only person who doesn't like watermelon?

is this descending to a generalized food grievance thread?  because that's reasonably cognizable.  

ingredients for which i have developed no appreciation and therefore are not deployed within the ambit of my culinary art: watermelon, eggplant, coconut, olives (except oil), chicory, athelas, lotus fruits, cthaeh blossoms, and dark meats of h. sapiens

I never liked cantaloupe but I like it even less now than when I was a kid. I used to love honeydew as a kid but I've developed an allergy to it, it makes my throat itch something awful so I stay away from it.

I hated tomatoes as a kid, now I love them on sandwiches but still can't eat them in salads unless diced and thoroughly mixed with dressing. Do not like cherry or grape tomatoes.

I like bananas but i hate under ripe one. I like my bananas with no green at all on them and with a modest to generous display of brown freckles. My mom will not eat a banana if it's got just one brown spot on it and if it's a half and half mixture of yellow and green it's good for her. Yuck.

I hate, loathe, detest, sweet potatoes and yams. They are the most godawful so called "food" in creation and the fact that some dare to not only use the word "sweet" but tarnish the good name of the wonderful food "potato" makes them all the more vile.

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I love blue cheese. :)

Blue cheese is another of those foods I hated as a kid but now I really enjoy on foods like chicken wings or spread on sandwiches and in salads either as crumbles or dressing, but I also like it mixed with another dressing as well.

Very few foods that I actively hate.

Blue Cheese and Coconut: I mostly dislike these things but have been known to tolerate them in certain situations.  Some dishes are good with them, others I don't like.  I like coconut or coconut juice by itself, but I don't usually like it ON stuff.  Like cake.  I would not want coconut on my cake.  On that note, I don't actually like cake all that much in general (except cheesecake) as pies are far superior.  (I usually opt for an ice cream cake on my birthday)

I HATE sour cream by itself or as a topping, but I can deal with some things that are made with sour cream as an ingredient.  I don't really like mango or papaya or honeydew, but I can tolerate them.  I like all other fruits and vegetables that I've tried.

Watermelon is essential  in summer  . It's sweet , juicy very refreshing  absolutely love it . As a kid i once ate so much watermelon i couldn't get up, was sitting in the same position for at least an hour .  Adding salt to watermelon is good but only do that if the watermelon you purchased is bland .

I just hope this board has no mango haters . If i could eat  just mangoes for the rest of my life i would .

7 minutes ago, Weeping Sore said:

To watermelon haters: do you also hate watermelon flavored Hubba-Bubba?

Not a watermelon hater just want to add, watermelon flavored Jolly Ranchers, Air Heads, and the most wonderful of all, Watermelon flavor Rita's Italian Ice, made with real watermelon in it :drool:

4 hours ago, Leap said:

I don't like melon or watermelon. Actually, over the years I've stopped enjoying many fruits (watermelon and melon are now the least offensive, where before they were the ones I liked the least). Conversely, I can't think of any vegetables I don't enjoy now. But mashed potato can fuck off.

Just smother the potato in gravy. That is of course the only reason you would ever have mashed potato - as a delivery vehicle for gravy.

I don't like or dislike watermelon.  It is the white meat of fruits and is basically 90% water.  I won't go searching it out, will eat it as part of a fruit salad, but mostly turn it down when offered a slice as it's messy with no redeeming qualities that overcome it.

30 minutes ago, sologdin said:

kale rules.  fuck all'y'all but we need kale burgers, kale cakes, kale wine, kale coffee.  

I'm ok with this. 

I also dislike cake and am only fond of ice cream on occasion.  

Archived