Is Sansa Pregnant?

ununsullied

Sansa dies from childbirth. On her deathbed she whispers 'Promise me, Jon'...

ha it's the circle of life....

In all seriousness, from a political perspective, it’d be a good thing if she were pregnant with Ramsay’s child. Once Ramsay’s defeated and killed, his issue would inherit Dreadfort. It would be heir to House Bolton. Starks would then have Winterfell and Dreadfort.

On 27.05.2016 at 0:01 AM, ununsullied said:

with respect - not the same as an heir to the throne. Tho I do hope the marriage is annulled. Sansa and Tyrion 4 eva!!

Well, I've been only talking about possibility that Ramsay is able to actually made a child. Personally, I'd prefer he couldn't. Despite all these political advantages of having such a future Bolton heir in the story (the show-writers as we know them could easily choose this variant) I don't want this fate for Sansa, she had suffered enough. And anyway, her story-line in the books (you're so lucky, you are yet to discover it!) is somewhat different from the show (I hope it's not a big spoiler). Should the major twists be the same in the books and on TV? Honestly, by now I'm not so sure. During Season 5 the book-Sansa and the show-Sansa were diverging more and more. In the first half of Season 6 the trend is not so evident.

And yes, I think Tyrion was the best among her marriage partners. Yes, Joffrey and Ramsay are monsters, compared to them almost anyone would seem good, but Tyrion demonstrated real kindness. Will they meet again? It would be a very interesting scene. Sansa is changing much faster than him.

So, assuming that Ramsay had impregnated her, what shoulda 20 meters-high jump do to a pregnant woman? Just asking... Sansa has jumped from a high-ass wall, crossed a frozen rivers, rode for days on a horse through a frozen land. It could be argued she shouldn't be alive herself (hyphotermia, for one), but she definitely shouldn't be pregnant anymore, even if she was once.

Of course, the show might not be shooting for 'realistic' here at all, but then we can't argue that Ramsay not making her pregnant was 'unrealistic'.

On 27. Mai 2016 at 10:01 AM, Kiwi said:

This. Why do people not put this into equation? If a 15+(?) metres fall does not cause a miscarriage, I don't know what does. Add crossing an icy cold river during winter and being chased down by dogs. It's a stretch that she even survived this.

Besides, with such a major character carrying a rape child, no matter what showrunners decide to do about it, it will enrage some people and be treated by everyone as a commentary on abortion issues.

After one week a pregnancy is not yet established within the uterus, so any physical impact would not stop the fertllized egg to implement itself within the endometrium.  A fall from that height could only cause an abortion if the fetus is at least two weeks old.

You mean if the show presents a  rape child or an abortion might cause an uproar while burning a child alive does not??? 

Sansa would hardly have any access to moon tea nor would she know how to brew it. She might though ask a Free Folk woman if she has some spare herbs. But it might take three months until a young inexperienced woman properly interprets the signs of pregnancy and a medically unsupervised abortion might get really dangerous by then. 

1 minute ago, Woman of War said:

You mean if the show presents a  rape child or an abortion might cause an uproar while burning a child alive does not??? 

Frankly, yes. Maybe it shouldn't happen, but it obviously will.

9 hours ago, Pumpkin G. Snark said:

Well, I've been only talking about possibility that Ramsay is able to actually made a child. Personally, I'd prefer he couldn't. Despite all these political advantages of having such a future Bolton heir in the story (the show-writers as we know them could easily choose this variant) I don't want this fate for Sansa, she had suffered enough. And anyway, her story-line in the books (you're so lucky, you are yet to discover it!) is somewhat different from the show (I hope it's not a big spoiler). Should the major twists be the same in the books and on TV? Honestly, by now I'm not so sure. During Season 5 the book-Sansa and the show-Sansa were diverging more and more. In the first half of Season 6 the trend is not so evident.

And yes, I think Tyrion was the best among her marriage partners. Yes, Joffrey and Ramsay are monsters, compared to them almost anyone would seem good, but Tyrion demonstrated real kindness. Will they meet again? It would be a very interesting scene. Sansa is changing much faster than him.

You mean Loras/Willas was the best of her marriage partners

Loras and Sansa seemed to have compatible personalities and could become friends and good life partners, but since she had hots for him she would probably be heart-broken to discover his orientation.

16 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Loras and Sansa seemed to have compatible personalities and could become friends and good life partners, but since she had hots for him she would probably be heart-broken to discover his orientation.

what, they were both totally vain :D

10 hours ago, ummester said:

what, they were both totally vain :D

They both liked stories, songs, knights, chivalry, pretty dresses, flowers and tournaments. If not for Loras' gayness, they would make a Westerosi model couple ;)

34 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

They both liked stories, songs, knights, chivalry, pretty dresses, flowers and tournaments. If not for Loras' gayness, they would make a Westerosi model couple ;)

In modern terms, they were Bennifer n.1 :) 

14 hours ago, Tianzi said:

It definitely didn't seem that way on the show. Loras has barely registered Sansa or had anything to talk about with her. He seems to be into stuff that Sansa knows nothing about (sword fighting, jousting and hanging out with his fellow knights) and he considers her way too young (or naive or stupid or uninteresting) to have a meaningful conversation with. 

On 29.05.2016 at 6:42 PM, Woman of War said:

Most unfortunately it would. Moreover, the uproar would likely be there, no matter what showrunners decide to do about such pregnancy.

The difference between the burning of Shireen and an abortion or lack of such is that while people die in TV all the time (yes, children too), abortion happens to be more of a taboo in many countries. Also, Shireen being a fictional character, stays in fictional realm, while the commentary on a very much present, controversial and contemporary issue does have an impact on the real world.

And for people on both sides of abortion wars this issue is very emotional, so such commentary might do them no good in terms of popularity.

Maybe it's because I am from Germany and here people are far more detached about abortion.

But abortion happens in real life all the time as well, either legally or on some backroom kitchen table. You see, I am a real defender of the right of choice: It goes both ways. A woman should always  be free to have an "inconvenient" child if she wishes - or precisely not.

And we posters in whatever GOT forum  live in a luxury world where people die all the time only in tv while cruel killings of children already born happen in many parts of the world for real all the time. 

Seriously, I hate that morally righteous hypocrisy.

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all assuming that you are defending it.

I think it is unlikely that she is pregnant because it will be a huge divergence with the books. In the Books Samsa is still in the Vale and never met Ramsey. One thing is to have her participate in the battle for winterfell and after that do whatever she is suppose to do. To add pregnancy I think it will too much.

Perhaps it is just me trying to not see Samsa being abused since Season 1 and Book 1. 

Please trow us a bone!

Archived