Most annoying character

Red Ronnet (yum)

Aeron Damphair. How anyone has anyone else is seriously beyond me. His chapters are....painful. I feel nothing for him at all. Of course I hate pretty much everyone in the Iron Isles, but at least Victorian and Asha's chapters were somewhat interesting (Theon is an exception to my hate, his character arc is magnificent). The new Aeron chapter that GRRM just released is the best one yet, but it doesn't make up for the awfulness of he himself. I want to feel bad for him, but I just have trouble doing it. However, what Euron did to him is beyond despicable and I hope Euron gets justly killed soon. 

On 6/16/2016 at 10:43 AM, John Suburbs said:

Patchface, the Jar Jar Binks of Westeros,

Daario is more like the Jar Jar of Westeros(like Jar Jar, Daarrio has a very punchable face and are not that special of charactors).  Patchface is more like Yoda(they both confuse people and are known to have an relationship with water(PF drown and was reborn)(Yoda lived in an swamp planet)).

2 hours ago, Batbob45 said:

Daario is more like the Jar Jar of Westeros

On 16/6/2016 at 6:43 PM, John Suburbs said:

Patchface, the Jar Jar Binks of Westeros

You are both wrong Dany is the Westerosi Jar Jar. To quote myself; 

Mesa cause one, two-y little bitty axadentes, huh? Yud say boom de zity, den crashin der bosses with dragunz, den banished.

3 hours ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

It has to be Cersei. Her decisions in AFFC are just so stupid that I can't relate to her any more.

Also Arianne.  She's just a boring  character. There's nothing remarkable about her personality whatsoever.

At least her nipples are remarkable..

On 17-6-2016 at 6:31 PM, kimim said:

(...)

NED. Why oh why does he insist on believing himself to be superior to anyone who is not of the North? Why won't he make alliances? Why does he trust Littlefinger? Why won't he speak with Sansa? Why does he warn Cersei? Why does he send his men off, leaving himself unprotected? Why doesn't he communicate with Robert??? Why why why, Ned? Ned's my favorite character, yet he also makes me want to tear my hair out. I guess Ned's less annoying than frustrating, and it's all perfect.

(...)

LOL. I just want to put a blanket and protect him from that horrible world. But when he is walking around and wondering why did Cersei not yet live, is really frustrating. 

My most annoying character (if you can call him that) is the 3EC. The only thing he does is pecking Bran's forehead and giving him nightmares. Except for his magical factor, the only thing the 3EC does is being annoying. 

From POV: Dany and Tyrion.

Ygritte...i was pretty happy when she died. I honestly think the first time i read it i muttered "At least Jon knows to take cover." 

Ugh Sam, how are you still fat? btw RIP Small Paul. Also before the SoS prologue I thought Sam displaced Clydas instead of Chett made me have a very different feeling about it...but tbh Chett kinda has a point anyway but GRRM did a good job making Chett so repulsive nobody cares.

was gonna put Daario but i'm starting to think i'm more annoyed about how Dany constantly thinks of Daario then Daario himself. Girl needs to get ahold of herself. 

• 2 months later...
On June 14, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Red Ronnet (yum) said:

Who is the one that you dread to see in a chapter? Mine is Penny. Makes all Tyrion chapters with her cringeworthy.

Most annoying character for me is Sansa.

She has a few rivals for the title though-

Brienne

Damphair

Patchface

Victarion

Cat

Theon

Margaery

Sam/Gilly

On 15 juni 2016 at 2:23 AM, Jasemina said:

to me its sansa, she is too arrogant...and catelyn..never liked her and her behaviour

Agree with Cat... She's so smug about being honorable while mentally abusing her husbands bastard, shunning him and treating him scornfully.

Which leads us to the Blessed Ned - allowing your wife to abuse your kid (or nephew) and not putting an end to it is despicable moral, stop chiding other people's bloody honor and take a gander at yourself, you a-hole!

Stannis. 

This whole idiocy would have been over pretty quickly if it wasn't for Stannis. Killing your own brother with magic is so no cool especially for someone whose obsessed with fairness. 

Also why spending all that effort? No one wants him as king and he seem to hate people. He can't reproduce, his only heir is a girl which suffered from greyscale and has as much chance of being accepted as queen as hodor has. Stannis should have bent the knee to his brother in exchange of being appointed hand of the king and in inheriting the Lordship of the Stormlands. The war would be over, the Lannisters would be hanged by now and Shireen would be a future lady of the Stormlands rather then freezing her arse off in the North

I think there is a fine line between 'annoying' and 'evil, scheming' and while I truly hate Cersei for example and her AFFC chapters made me shudder at her paranoid way of thinking it was by no means annoying. Thus, the characters I currently can't stand are Daenerys after Qarth, Quentyn and Ygritte. In the beginning when I was first reading ASoIaF I was annoyed by Theon and Jaime (arrogance and ignorance annoy me the most) and Jon and Sansa because they were too boring but I think I rediscovered them when I first reread the series (they aren't my favourite characters but I understand and tolerate them).

9 hours ago, devilish said:

Stannis. 

This whole idiocy would have been over pretty quickly if it wasn't for Stannis. Killing your own brother with magic is so no cool especially for someone whose obsessed with fairness. 

Also why spending all that effort? No one wants him as king and he seem to hate people. He can't reproduce, his only heir is a girl which suffered from greyscale and has as much chance of being accepted as queen as hodor has. Stannis should have bent the knee to his brother in exchange of being appointed hand of the king and in inheriting the Lordship of the Stormlands. The war would be over, the Lannisters would be hanged by now and Shireen would be a future lady of the Stormlands rather then freezing her arse off in the North

Stay mad 

15 hours ago, Sigella said:

Agree with Cat... She's so smug about being honorable while mentally abusing her husbands bastard, shunning him and treating him scornfully.

Yes, can't argue with that.

And of course, there is also a little fellow named Samwell Tarly, Strong Belwas does not like the weak.

Archived