US Elections: My religion Trumps yours

28 minutes ago, peterbound said:

Good christian values have never 'healed' anything but other christians.  It even fucks that up on occasion.  

What we need are good secular values.  Equality for all, freedom of thought and all the jazz.  Hell, you're advocating for censorship in another thread.  Tell me how that is good for america?

dont drink and post, people

1 minute ago, Lightning Lord said:

Doom.... DOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!

Ugh, why did I visit during an election year...  Also, why am I so certain that my brother is going to vote for Trump and lie about it to me for the rest of our lives?

Better than visiting during a worst-case post election year? 

#silverlining

To explain a little bit of the stunning logic my Trump-supporting brother is capable of, two brief examples:

1) He is opposed to motorcycle helmet laws because head injuries are the riders' independent decision and it doesn't affect anyone else...moments later he talked about our ER-nurse aunt who has had to get ahold of families to come in and identify motorcycle-accident victims, dying/dead from head injuries.  Clearly he thinks watching people die needlessly meant nothing to our aunt.

2) He spent ten minutes explaining to me that resale values for Honda CRVs don't drop because people just don't want to sell them... the new ones with government-mandated safety features that are optional are too expensive, so no one sells.  When I asked how much the new ones were compared to ten years ago, he told me he wasn't sure they had risen in price.

Hashtag Trump Voter*

*yes, this is strictly anecdotal and not necessarily representative of other voters

15 minutes ago, Triskan said:

And now it's all over the internet that Melania's speech plagiarized Michelle Obama's in 2008.  Not that she necessarily wrote it or knew about it. 

Within hours it will come out of Trump's camp that it's was deliberate; and we are some how missing an obvious parable about Obama's failed promises.

27 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

Pfft.  I can stay away longer than worst cases can stay in power.

I hope.

Don't worry Trump America will bring the brand to you. 

_ Trump America, the GREAT AMERICAN AMERICA, available wherever Americans are sold!_ 

13 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Don't worry Trump America will bring the brand to you. 

_ Trump America, the GREAT AMERICAN AMERICA, available wherever Americans are sold!_ 

Americas?  Where we're going, we don't need Americas.

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Make America America again. Holy shit. My head assplodes. 

_Are you tired of leaky sinks and high gas prices! Wish things could be made great again? Well now you can! Hi, I'm SupremeGodLord Trump and due to a recent stocking error we at the Gilded Tower have an excess supply of freedom and now we're passing the savings onto YOU!!!!!!! It's the end of the year and all of this freedom must be gone and some of it could be YOURS!!!! For only 3/5 easy payments of 18.65! Reserve YOUR order by December 6th to get YOUR order of freedom by Christmas!_

24 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Make America America again. Holy shit. My head assplodes. 

ie - make america white male dominated again

This also apparently happened (though obviously take it with a grain of salt for now):

http://www.wkyc.com/news/politics/rnc/utah-delegate-threatened-in-rnc-bathroom/276234308

A Utah delegate was reportedly threatened inside a bathroom at Quicken Loans Arena during the Republican National Convention Monday.

According to NBC, Utah delegate Kera Birkeland was on the floor during the Rules vote as one of the delegates calling for a roll call vote.

Birkeland reportedly went to the women's restroom and when she emerged from a stall, a group of Trump supporters surrounded her and threatened to kill her, urging her to leave the party and the state.

6 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

This plagiarism of Michelle Obama's speech is going to be a MAJOR shit storm.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Trump headquarters. 

Are you serious?  Everyone knows Melania is a lightweight, so why would this be even a minor issue?  Since when did Trump supporters care about intellectual honesty? 

Archived