Footy: Yaya Ascendant

MercenaryChef

Jammy United (seems a while since I said that), and Chelsea eke out another narrow win.  Arsenal lost some ground as all of the other top six won.  West Brom are now the only surprise team in the top 9.

Well done Origi to score yet again but his overall play isn't quite there and Firmino is really suffering out of position and missing Coutinho.  Our mesmerizing attack from before the last international break isn't easy to recreate.  Mignolet did well on his return.

There was one game, I think a LC game, where Klavan looked a bit suspect, plus he was party to the 2-0 loss to Burnley, but overall he has been quite solid: composed, good passer, tackles well, although lacks a bit of pace and occasionally a bit slow in moving the ball along.  I think Klopp likes Lucas personally, which got him more chances at CB than performances ever merited.  It's fine for Lucas to play CB in the early LC games to rest a starter and get some practice in the role, but not to step in as the back-up in a PL game for Matip when Klavan is available.

I think Klopp values Lucas as a ball moving defender more than Klavan. But that's just my guess. The problem is, that Lucas supposed offensive upside has a too much of a tradeoff, his defensive play. Or at least it looked like it this season. Now it's basically a question of what you think is more important. More fluid ball movement (Lucas) against a deep lying opponent, or defensive stability (Klavan). 

1 minute ago, Mark Antony said:

Shameful, Rocky IV is a classic. 

Klopp: "Yesterday I had the honour to be part of the Xmas party for the Chapel St staff. Afterwards I watched Creed."

Klopp: "I once used Rocky 4 in one of my team talks but stopped when I realised that hardly anyone in the room had watched it."

:D

Nah, that movie is plain horrible. Well most of them are.

I mean Rocky V is clearly the worst. I mean it'S bad even by Stallone standards. But then it's really a toss up between III and IV. But III has Mr. T. So the one with Lundgren is clearly worst.

The not horrible movies in the series, Rocky and Rocky Balboa. I haven't seen Creed, but that one is rumoredly not bad. 

So there's no way that Rocky IV makes is to the top 3.

Archived