Is it confirmed Brandon never had sons

Aegon VII

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

An open honest question to everyone who wants to answer; How is quoting the author aggressive, offensive and completely one dimensional?

It's one dimensional because your sticking to facts, and only facts- one dimension.  If you don't include wild baseless speculation you're ruining everyone's fanfic...

Seriously though, there is no support for things like B+_=J; just because we cannot give a definitive date of conception for Jon, the possible window is small enough as to exclude a lot of these proposed lineages.

There are three possible candidates for a Brandon "Snow."  One is Roose Bolton's dead son - we know Brandon had it of with Barbary why not her sister Bethany (were they twins).  One other - much as I would hate to think it is Ramsay.  There is a third which is way, way way out there, but what if Brandon and Elia = Aegon (real not fake).

The thing is that if you accept that Jon is Lyanna's son then he was born after KL which was about 1 year from the start of the war. This rules out Brandon and Rickard as fathers.

If you think that Jon could have some other mother then you can assume that Daddy was a Stark - he has their looks. That then leaves the age issue.  We are told that Jon is a few months younger that Robb.  We know that both boys were at Winterfell as toddlers or younger. To be Brandon's son Jon would need to be at least a couple of weeks older that Robb. At 3 or older you might hide three months age discrepancy, but at two it would be hard and at anything less than 18 months, impossible.

While not my favorite theory, I'm not willing to discount Brandon being Jon's father.  You would have to come to terms with Jon being born (and Lyanna dying) around the time of Rhaegar's death at the Trident, and it would have to be an unusually long pregnancy, stretching out to about a year.  Technically not impossible, although it would have certainly required a cesarean and it would have definitely resulted in the death of the mother.  

And while it sounds odd, it is pretty much the scenario which starts the Norse Volsunga saga, which has perhaps been referenced or paralleled elsewhere in the series.

10 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

While not my favorite theory, I'm not willing to discount Brandon being Jon's father.  You would have to come to terms with Jon being born (and Lyanna dying) around the time of Rhaegar's death at the Trident, and it would have to be an unusually long pregnancy, stretching out to about a year.  Technically not impossible, although it would have certainly required a cesarean and it would have definitely resulted in the death of the mother.

Plus, some positive evidence would be most welcome. Something beyond the usual "hey, as long as you can't prove beyond any reasonable doubt that that would be physically impossible, it's still a valid theory".

13 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

And while it sounds odd, it is pretty much the scenario which starts the Norse Volsunga saga, which has perhaps been referenced or paralleled elsewhere in the series.

Signy and Sigmund. This would definitely shake the readership up! 

1 hour ago, mmenolas said:

It's one dimensional because your sticking to facts, and only facts- one dimension.  If you don't include wild baseless speculation you're ruining everyone's fanfic...

Seriously though, there is no support for things like B+_=J; just because we cannot give a definitive date of conception for Jon, the possible window is small enough as to exclude a lot of these proposed lineages.

You just asked for this. :P

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/dc/dc790fb569ffe66560a639467bee86cedac597d394c7d06297a3ee366f548f16.jpg

3 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

But Martin would have thrown a few hints if he'd chosen to take this path, imo. And in reality what we have is just enough "vagueness" irt Jon's birth to allow for [some] speculation, but it's a narrow window, and lots of the "theories" out there are complete tinfoil territory. 

4 hours ago, Luddagain said:

There are three possible candidates for a Brandon "Snow."  One is Roose Bolton's dead son - we know Brandon had it of with Barbary why not her sister Bethany (were they twins).  One other - much as I would hate to think it is Ramsay.  There is a third which is way, way way out there, but what if Brandon and Elia = Aegon (real not fake).

No way Ramsay is Brandon's son. He's Roose with less subtlety.

Brandon + Elia would not produce a child with Valyrian looks.

Domeric Bolton...now that is a real possibility. He rode really well, and I seem to recall Brandon was known for his riding ability. Wouldn't it be something if Roose is mourning (in his way) a lost heir who wasn't even his kid? And that would also mean if Ramsay did kill him it wasn't kinslaying, but a re-emergence of the Bolton-Stark rivalry.

2 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

No way Ramsay is Brandon's son. He's Roose with less subtlety.

Brandon + Elia would not produce a child with Valyrian looks.

Domeric Bolton...now that is a real possibility. He rode really well, and I seem to recall Brandon was known for his riding ability. Wouldn't it be something if Roose is mourning (in his way) a lost heir who wasn't even his kid? And that would also mean if Ramsay did kill him it wasn't kinslaying, but a re-emergence of the Bolton-Stark rivalry.

Aye, Ramsay is noted to have Roose's eyes so there's no ambiguity there.

5 hours ago, Luddagain said:

Goodness - 1 year pregnancy. There has been one recorded at 10 months and a very dubious 12 month one.

Let's not talk nonsense.

Lol..... just saying, pregnancy is a 40 week term..that's 10 months.  I was over 2 weeks overdue with my daughter at 42 weeks...so my real pregnancy was 10.5 months.  Just sayin'.

Lady Blizzard

Ramsay could have got his ice eyes from his mother. We know at least on Stark King had Bolton eyes - Brandon ice eyes. I am not saying I support the idea, just recognise it is possible.

When I said Elia and Brandon making Aegon - i meant real Aegon. The baby was too young to have distinctive looks. Indeed we know he looked pretty normal because Varys claimed to 'switch" him

3 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Lol..... just saying, pregnancy is a 40 week term..that's 10 months.

Let's see... 40 weeks, make 280 days. Ten months, that could be between 303 and 306 days (depending on which, specifically, consecutive months). And nine months is 273 to 276 days. Now, which of those numbers is closer to 280: 303, or 273?

3 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I was over 2 weeks overdue with my daughter at 42 weeks...so my real pregnancy was 10.5 months.  Just sayin'.

Respectfully, it was less than ten months. It was two weeks short of ten months.

LOL...

35 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Let's see... 40 weeks, make 280 days. Ten months, that could be between 303 and 306 days (depending on which, specifically, consecutive months). And nine months is 273 to 276 days. Now, which of those numbers is closer to 280: 303, or 273?

Respectfully, it was less than ten months. It was two weeks short of ten months.

well it was between xmas and NYE, and she was born oct 5th.  365 - 31(dec) - 30 (nov) - 26 (oct) = 278.  LOL...must have gotten my due date confused with the conception date, my bad! LOL :blush:

12 hours ago, Luddagain said:

Frey FR

Goodness - 1 year pregnancy. There has been one recorded at 10 months and a very dubious 12 month one.

Let's not talk nonsense.

You had better explain the Norse reference.  How does it relate to the Starks. it seems more to fit with Lannisters

Yes, a twelve month long pregnancy would be extremely bizarre.  But it would still be only the third most bizarre pregnancy we've seen in the books, considering a fully formed shadow assassin crawled out of Melisandre's uterus, and Dany miscarried a scaly lizard child.

And perhaps we should expect a bizarre pregnancy for our fantasy hero/messiah's birth.  King Arthur was conceived when his father magically disguised himself as Arthur's mother's husband; Hercules was conceived only after his mother was impregnated by both a magically disguised Zeus, and a mortal (kind of making him a son of three); and Volsung's mother would laugh off a twelve month pregnancy, considering she carried Volsung for six winters, until he was delivered by c-section as a wholly grown man :o

So yes, Brandon being Jon's father is not my favorite theory, but not quite willing to rule it out as impossible, just yet.

Archived