NFL Offseason: your team's opportunity to overpay for mediocrity

DanteGabriel

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

So now I'm hearing that the Browns are shopping BO and 2017 picks and offering to eat half his contract, in order to stockpile 2018 picks for a package to get Garoppolo. If that's true, I love the sudden NBA-ification of the NFL trade market. This is the most interesting kickoff to free agency I can remember.

Yeah, no shit. Turns out Brockstar is good for something. This is crazy.

4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Actually can't recall exactly why. I knew he and the Shanahans parted way on bad terms but outside of disagreements over drafting RG3, forget why it got so toxic. As a Redskins fan, all the dysfunction, conspiracy theories and backstabbing kinda run together after awhile. 

This in a nutshell. Shanahan wanted no part of RG3 and Snyder sold the house, boat and the farm to get him. Set the franchise back 3-4 years. And, Shanahan was supposed to have full control, and, well, that never happened.

Just now, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

The Browns are making some smart moves, but I'm afraid they'll run into the same problems the '6ers did. All the young talent and prospects in the world won't help if you don't develop them. And it's hard to develop them if you have a culture of losing.

The Sixers issues have been much more medical than cultural. Talent is king, especially in the NBA. 

3 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

The Browns are making some smart moves, but I'm afraid they'll run into the same problems the '6ers did. All the young talent and prospects in the world won't help if you don't develop them. And it's hard to develop them if you have a culture of losing.

They may, it's true.  But no one has ever really attempted a rebuild this determined.  We'll see how it goes. 

25 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, no shit. Turns out Brockstar is good for something. This is crazy.

Turns out Brock Osweiler is the Archduke Ferdinand of the NFL! One piece that sets off an avalanche of responses.

23 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

I believe that's one of the reasons they let several of their free agents walk (or traded them for minimal returns) last year.  They felt those guys were contributing to the negative culture, and so were willing to part with them to get them out of the locker room.

43 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Also, new board rule: no one can post in NFL thread without having contributed at least once to the lexicon. You will be judged.

Who died and made you king? Seriously bruh, go eat a bag of Trumps....

Brock would have been an early candidate for the Conte rule were it not for the 2nd round pick and the obvious goal of eating cap room with him. I'm trying to figure out who the obvious Conte is now.

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Brock would have been an early candidate for the Conte rule were it not for the 2nd round pick and the obvious goal of eating cap room with him. I'm trying to figure out who the obvious Conte is now.

Geno Smith

27 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Looks like the Colts ain't making no moves. I'm cool with this. I cannot describe how hard I Goffed when I saw a report that they were interested in Alshon Jefferies of all fucking people.

I heard they were at least pursuing Jabaal Sheard, who ended up in Belichick's doghouse midseason but is probably still better than anyone on the Indy roster now.

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

Geno Smith

You think? Is he actually starting somewhere? Because if he isn't I don't think it's so bad. Maybe if the Jets end up settling for him because they can't get any of the others, but it's not like they're not at least trying. Whereas the Bears actively stated that Conte was their guy and stuck with him. 

Just now, Kalbear said:

You think? Is he actually starting somewhere? Because if he isn't I don't think it's so bad. Maybe if the Jets end up settling for him because they can't get any of the others, but it's not like they're not at least trying. Whereas the Bears actively stated that Conte was their guy and stuck with him. 

Well Blake Bortles then. 

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

I heard they were at least pursuing Jabaal Sheard, who ended up in Belichick's doghouse midseason but is probably still better than anyone on the Indy roster now.

If the Colts sign an ex-Brown I will revoke my fanship. 

Archived