Name a surprise character who could be king/queen at the end

PCK

9 hours ago, Darkschaar said:

I'm kind of Darkstar nut myself. Son Rhaegar and someone with an awesome and inexplicable sword? He might have a case.

I think I've missed something. Do you think Darkstar is Rhaegar's son?  He doesn't have the awesome sword so far. 

On 3/3/2017 at 6:20 AM, Horse of Kent said:

I wouldn't see Bran or Sansa as a huge surprise were they to become King/Queen.

I'll go for Aegon, Shireen or Myrcella.

I think Sansa will be Queen, but not in the way anyone expects. She'll reign from Harrenhall, using her Hoare blood and the amplifying effects of Harrenhall to suppress magic in the world again.

3 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

I think Sansa will be Queen, but not in the way anyone expects. She'll reign from Harrenhall, using her Hoare blood and the amplifying effects of Harrenhall to suppress magic in the world again.

Will she use virgin blood to keep her auburn hair shiny and send giant wolf-bats to snatch toddlers from their cradles to bake into lemoncakes? 

Because I'd be down for that. 

1 minute ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Will she use virgin blood to keep her auburn hair shiny and send giant wolf-bats to snatch toddlers from their cradles to bake into lemoncakes? 

Because I'd be down for that. 

You're thinking along the right lines, yes.

1 hour ago, Damon_Tor said:

Sansa has no Hoare blood. Otherwise that's not a bad idea.

10 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Hoare -> Lothston -> Whent -> Tully -> Stark

Hoare -> Lothston -> Whent

Three houses in a row that held Harrenhal. Not a guarantee that Minisa Whent had any blood from the Lothstons or the Hoares.

ETA: Wait, I was wrong. The Hoares were way before the Lothstons.

It went Hoare -> Qoherys -> Harroway -> Towers -> Strong -> Lothston -> Whent.

50 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Hoare -> Lothston -> Whent

Three houses in a row that held Harrenhal. Not a guarantee that Minisa Whent had any blood from the Lothstons or the Hoares.

ETA: Wait, I was wrong. The Hoares were way before the Lothstons.

It went Hoare -> Qoherys -> Harroway -> Towers -> Strong -> Lothston -> Whent.

There's quite a bit that goes into the Hoare -> Lothston connection. Take a look in my signature, there's a great deal that backs it up. Lothston -> Whent is fairly uncontroversial, seeing as Whent uses an adaptation of the Lothston coat of arms which generally signifies a family connection.

Admittedly the idea that House Hoare was the subject of a Citadel breeding project with the end goal of an expanding their innate magic resistance to the entire world by seating them inside a massive amplification device called Harrenhall isn't as well founded, however.

13 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

There's quite a bit that goes into the Hoare -> Lothston connection. Take a look in my signature, there's a great deal that backs it up. Lothston -> Whent is fairly uncontroversial, seeing as Whent uses an adaptation of the Lothston coat of arms which generally signifies a family connection.

Admittedly the idea that House Hoare was the subject of a Citadel breeding project with the end goal of an expanding their innate magic resistance to the entire world by seating them inside a massive amplification device called Harrenhall isn't as well founded, however.

Will do.

On 3/2/2017 at 9:45 PM, PCK said:

In this thread pick an unexpected character who you think could be king and explain why.

Varys. Possibly has Targaryen descent, maybe from Brightflame. Proven to be an excellent player in the game of thrones. As the master of whispers, would know who to keep an eye on and who's truly loyal. Peace for at least a decade or more. Although succession issues would arise due to his eunuch status. 

Brightflame is not the only possible ancestor of Varys.  Let's remember Larra Rogare, wife of an earlier Viserys Targaryen.  Larra left her husband and went back to Lys.  What became of her is not known but there are possibilities.  She may have been carrying a little Targaryen in her belly when she left King's Landing.

On 3/4/2017 at 7:20 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

I'm already pretty far out on some very thin ice...

Indeed but its always interesting to think of the possibilities.

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

That would be very interesting.

Interesting and a great way to piss off all the High Lords.

Archived