Best no-POV character so far ?

Daemon the Leaner

Hi guys,

just finished ASOS yesterday,

so this book was full of multiple interesting storylines. But, some characters who don't have a POV still have a big role in this part of the story. So i'm just asking which ones of them mostly catches you ? There are amazing schemers (Littlefinger, Varys), mad rulers (Joff, Lysa), strange elders (Olenna, Qyburn), cool warriors (Barristan, Daario, Oberyn). Not to mention the Brotherhood and the Night's Watch and the Wildlings... trying to list them may be difficult.

(PS: if my english is bad, please inform me ^^)

• 7 months later...

So far, Jorah. I really like him. But then again. I do ship him with Daenerys. So there's him. 

Brienne is cool, so is Ygritte. Gendry (I like him a lot because his actor was in show with actress who plays Gilly). Gilly (even though she hasn't been in a chapter yet). 

8 minutes ago, manchester_babe said:

So far, Jorah. I really like him. But then again. I do ship him with Daenerys. So there's him. 

Brienne is cool, so is Ygritte. Gendry (I like him a lot because his actor was in show with actress who plays Gilly). Gilly (even though she hasn't been in a chapter yet). 

Do you write in pink so that you honor the Boltons? If so, you're so creepy cool. :lol:

I like the Blackfish, Varys, Ygritte, and I admit, Vargo Hoat makes me laugh. "You're my captith." 

2 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Do you write in pink so that you honor the Boltons? If so, you're so creepy cool. :lol:

I like the Blackfish, Varys, Ygritte, and I admit, Vargo Hoat makes me laugh. "You're my captith." 

Nope. My favourite colour is pink. 

• 8 months later...

I am going for "all of the above" here.  All that have been mentioned in this thread at least, they all have either real depth or a role to play and they feel real.   There have been POVs later in the series I have, personal opinion though, enjoyed way less than the likes of LF, Varys, Stannis, Osha, Ygritte, Gilly, Brienne, Cersei, Meera (lol those are all brilliant in their own ways).  I may add Dontos of the top of my head.

• 10 months later...

Robb. There is so much going on in his mind that we never knew about. Catelyn only sees some of it, I would love to hear him struggling with duty and honor. He probably had the same thoughts about Jeyne as Jon did about Ygritte (thinking about "their" father's own infidelity and honor)

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

So far, either the Hound or Tywin Lannister. Both have an immediate and impactful sense of presence, and the Hound is just a great character to read about because he's great in combat and has a brutal, almost realistic outlook on life in Westeros. A conversation or scene with him will always be a win for me

• 2 weeks later...

Archived