NBA playoffs 2018: Will the Celtics be Raptored?

Red Tiger

15 minutes ago, Relic said:

Paul and James both love Melo, and would probably bring out his best effort, but he'd have to be willing to come off the bench. Defensively he's totally washed, so I guess that would be an issue. But we've heard about the Banana Boat guys wanting to play together for years now, and this off season is probably their last shot. 

He would have to take a massive pay cut to make it work. Melo is simply not worth that contract, no matter how badly the banana boat crew wants it to work. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Paul and James both love Melo, and would probably bring out his best effort, but he'd have to be willing to come off the bench. Defensively he's totally washed, so I guess that would be an issue. But we've heard about the Banana Boat guys wanting to play together for years now, and this off season is probably their last shot. 

Ehhhhh.

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

Tell me more.  And do you mean like NBA insane or like Rosanne Barr insane?  

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

Trashing Hinkie, sixers players, Masai Ujiri (who took Colangelo's job in Toronto).

I think it could turn out to be his wife or something.

6 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Tell me more.  And do you mean like NBA insane or like Rosanne Barr insane?  

Did you know Greg Sperry sold out Pews to Nagis? It's true! Sorry, we all make misteaks.

7 minutes ago, sperry said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

Trashing Hinkie, sixers players, Masai Ujiri (who took Colangelo's job in Toronto).

I think it could turn out to be his wife or something.

And Embiid is already losing his shit over some of the comments made by these burner accounts.

4 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

And Embiid is already losing his shit over some of the comments made by these burner accounts.

I think it's going to turn out to be the wife or son, which makes it more of a funny sidenote than an actual story.

If this Colangelo story is true it will fittingly ends his stint here in Philly, and possibly the NBA.  The manner in which he was "hired" had always irked me.  Most fans believe Hinkie was fired because of tanking.  Not true.  Hinkie pissed off powerful people (super-agents) that control most of the league including Adam Silver.

Silver made Hinkie into a patsy after Harris agreed to take on Jerry Colangelo--who agreed to take on the job if his son Bryan Colangelo would succeed Hinkie as GM--for ridiculous title of new chairman of basketball operations.

"Hired" amid controversy, and may possibly be fired amid controversy.  Full circle.

4 hours ago, briantw said:

So, it had to be Hinkie that sold him out, right?  

I don't think Hinkie would know. The "AI" excuse seems pretty feeble to me. Yes, I'm sure one could use neural nets to and NLP to do that type of analysis, but why would anyone be doing that? I think the link had to have come from the building, maybe a lower level staffer who survived the regime change.

6 hours ago, Relic said:

Shots fired by The Ringer! Anyone else think that Bill Simmons practically fell over himself to get this story published? 

Getting the Sixers' GM whacked right at the start of a franchise-defining off-season? I'd believe you if you told me he's the one who hired the mystery sleuth.

The tweets he (allegedly) sent, especially about Embiid, are amazing. The shit about Noel's failed physicals borders on HIPAA violations, right?

9 hours ago, briantw said:

So, it had to be Hinkie that sold him out, right?  

I highly doubt it.  Hinkie seems to be content raising his family in Palo Alto.  This year has vindicated much of The Process, but Hinkie has likely lost most of his prior interest in the executive world of the NBA.

The smoking gun may be that the writer only told the team about 2 suspected burner accounts yet all 5 went private after the conversation. I don't think it matters if it was only his wife or son. They were pushing inside medical information. That should be an instant firing. 

19 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I don't think it matters if it was only his wife or son. They were pushing inside medical information. That should be an instant firing. 

Correct.  However, it would matter for The Ringer and Bryan Colangelo in the future, BC could win in court for any libelous charges.  That small victory would allow him to save face and possibly enable him to make a return to basketball in some capacity.  

A trade failed because he didn't pass a physical doesn't seem like crazy inside information. That happens all the time, and it seems like the type of thing you would tell your wife if you were talking about your job. To me, this is only a big deal if it is actually Colangelo. If it's a family member doing something crazy, that's just a shitty personal problem to have.

Archived