HBO's Westworld VII: Abort?.Retry.Fail

Spring Bass

11 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Coughlin big-dogging Ashley Stubbs was silly too. Stubbs gets all the blame from these pricks.

By the end of last night's episode, I was rooting for Stubbs to #jointheresistance.

14 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

<>

About Hopkins:

Hide contents

IMDB has him listed as being in 13 episodes. So he should be back.

Yes, I've just seen next week's trailer - so pleased it's really him.  (Not that I don't expect some mad twist by the end that may see his game unravelled, but so rapt he's back for now).

Last nights episode didn't seem bad, but it felt long if that makes sense, I was really tired while watching so it may have been me.

As to Ford, I think we all knew he was the ghost in the machine. And he is dead, wasn't a host that Delores shot in front of everyone. When the clean up crew went to the scene they showed us flies covering Ford, but not the hosts bodies, to me indicating the difference between a human corpse and a host.

I liked the scene between MiB and his daughter, but knew as soon as she woke up that she was going to be alone. She is quite a bit like him, she made a point to tell him how she had been there a while and spent a few weeks at the Raj pleasure palaces, surely not something a parent wants to hear about. 

I'm really curious to Williams interactions with his daughter.  Was he doing a pseudo turing test with the question?  Or was he starting to lose his fidelity as a host? Or just a confused old man?

I loved what will likely be the last of Shogun World too.  They threw everything but the kitchen sink into what people would want from a Shogun world in the first episode except 2 things: Mt. Fuji and Musashi acting like the real Musashi.  This one ticked both those boxes.  I am also curious why Shogun Armistace continued on with the group.

5 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I'm really curious to Williams interactions with his daughter.  Was he doing a pseudo turing test with the question?  Or was he starting to lose his fidelity as a host? Or just a confused old man?

I loved what will likely be the last of Shogun World too.  They threw everything but the kitchen sink into what people would want from a Shogun world in the first episode except 2 things: Mt. Fuji and Musashi acting like the real Musashi.  This one ticked both those boxes.  I am also curious why Shogun Armistace continued on with the group.

I thing she continued on because there was no place for her where they were, she would have been the third wheel to their love affair.

Only thing missing from Shogun world was humans. To my knowledge we didn't see any. I guess maybe it wasn't needed but it was strange that there were none.

9 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Did they ever explain why Sizemore was so scared of Shogun world? He was terrified when he realized where they were. Wouldn't all the worlds be scary right now?

Yes, he said Shogun World was a levelled up more dangerous version of Westworld before the Robots went crazy.  Thankfully for him he has a magical witch to protect him lol.

Thinking on it... Mt Fuji being there kind of confirms that the parks are in something like a Truman Show style Dome.

12 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I thing she continued on because there was no place for her where they were, she would have been the third wheel to their love affair.

Only thing missing from Shogun world was humans. To my knowledge we didn't see any. I guess maybe it wasn't needed but it was strange that there were none.

I think they were dead by the time the group got there. Remember, Sizemore saw something in the snow and dug out a head. And then there were the bodies of the security guys tied to the trees, where he grabbed one of the communication devices. 

19 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I think they were dead by the time the group got there. Remember, Sizemore saw something in the snow and dug out a head. And then there were the bodies of the security guys tied to the trees, where he grabbed one of the communication devices. 

Yeah that makes sense, plus as a society it seems like Japan would have been cleaner, where as the wild west people would have just left the bodies where they fell.

We still do not have an explanation of the current role of the Blood Indians. We have made guesses, of course, but we don't yet know. It's interesting that this time around the Indian wanted Maeve to come with him, and she's not human. "We are meant for the same path."

And indeed, in the trailer, Charlotte walks into a room with Stubbs and a guard and we see three Bernard hosts, each with different damage. And she knows who he is, I'm sure. But more interesting is the guard. The voice over is Dolores saying "you created us to look like you", and, am I imagining things, is the guard a real life Teddy? Or who is he?

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

We still do not have an explanation of the current role of the Blood Indians.

Yeah I'm hoping we get some king of explanation for that soon.

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The voice over is Dolores saying "you created us to look like you", and, am I imagining things, is the guard a real life Teddy? Or who is he?

Wouldn't a real life Teddy be like, 65?

20 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah I'm hoping we get some king of explanation for that soon.

Wouldn't a real life Teddy be like, 65?

Of course, lol! But the guard in the trailer is someone we see as a host, isn't it? Isn't that why the camera rests on his face?

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Of course, lol! But the guard in the trailer is someone we see as a host, isn't it? Isn't that why the camera rests on his face?

I think it was Teddy dressed as a guard, sneaking in? That will be my version until proven wrong next week!

THis is just a small probably irrelevant detail i noticed but the globe Elsie and Bernard walk past doesn’t look noticeably different from our own land masses which rules out any kind of world changing natural disaster. I don’t think anyone here was speculating that but I myself had wondered if there had been massive sea level rise or anything.

I think part of the reason Japanese Armistice came along is because the two Armistices really hit it off and have a weird connection - Sizemore said being around their duplicates would have a bunch of impacts and that was theirs.

As for why SW was scary - I was going to say the ninjas showing up in the newbie village is just a little more hardcore but they weren't supposed to be there. Still, ninjas in general seem much more competent than the random mostly shitty western rogues. Also the guns are programmed not to work in WW, but physical brawls still have an impact and I assume the swords are blunt when hitting a guest but that would still hurt too. And guests wouldn't have guns there.

33 minutes ago, karaddin said:

As for why SW was scary - I was going to say the ninjas showing up in the newbie village is just a little more hardcore but they weren't supposed to be there. Still, ninjas in general seem much more competent than the random mostly shitty western rogues. Also the guns are programmed not to work in WW, but physical brawls still have an impact and I assume the swords are blunt when hitting a guest but that would still hurt too. And guests wouldn't have guns there.

Well they didn't seem to have any but Edo period Japan would certainly have guns for guests to use.  Just not pistols like the Western people use.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'm rewatching some of the earlier episodes.  Am I the only one that thinks there are two Bernards stomping around the park?

That’s an interesting idea, it would be another stunt, but I don’t think so. There are flashbacks to some task Ford sent Bernard on, where he goes to the secret lab and takes the control ball, and there are switches back and forth between right after the rebellion start to 2 weeks later when the hosts are found in the lake. At this point in the season we are well into that two week period, about day 6 or 7. Did Stubbs mention how many days when Charlotte pulled out the yellow-cased laptop? And Bernard has memory lapses because of the brain fluid he lost when he started to leak after the shot he took to the head. Elsie added fluid, but he needs more repairs.

Spoiler

But it was a shock to see 3 or 4 other Bernards being uncovered by Charlotte in next week’s trailer. Have we ever seen Charlotte and Bernard in an interaction?

17 hours ago, dbunting said:

Did they ever explain why Sizemore was so scared of Shogun world? He was terrified when he realized where they were. Wouldn't all the worlds be scary right now?

Id be scared too if you know the bullets in westworld knew not to kill a host compared to swords. Shogun world seems more brutal, especially with ninjas and shit.

Archived