Should Coffee Drinkers Be Forced To Publicly Register As Hardcore Drug Users?

Seems easier just to register the non-drinkers. They seem to be in the minority here. *googles* ok no hard data but it seems 80% of the population here drink regularly. With an average consumption of 150 liters (brewed using 6.7 kg of coffee) per person per year.

10 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Because you guys are. Go crush up and snort some caffeine pills and see what happens!

As someone who drinks coffee from morning till night, yes. We are all raving, uncouth savages fit only for the civilizing chains of forced registration and oppression. We will eat your pets and seal your families in old, rusted oil barrels if given half the chance.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, the smell of it. I don't think it is a good smell at all.

:leaving: 

You just haven't smelled good crack coffee then.

19 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Looks like we’ve got some drug addicts loitering around.

I tried going cold turkey once. It didn't go well. I felt like I had electric shocks going through my skull, and the top of my head felt like it was going to explode. 

It's not decaf that gives people headaches. It's the absence of caffeine. 

Caffeine is a hell of a drug.  Jitters, sweating, physical withdrawal symptoms like headaches and irritability.  Being around someone trying to quit is as bad as someone trying to quit cigarettes.  And we freely give it away to children as candy.

With that being said, I absolutely need my cup of joe every morning.

4 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I tried going cold turkey once. It didn't go well. I felt like I had electric shocks going through my skull, and the top of my head felt like it was going to explode. 

It's not decaf that gives people headaches. It's the absence of caffeine. 

My wife drinks coffee all the time and I tend to drink it when she is around. When she is gone, I stop and I get a headache for a day or so and go to bed earlier. That is the extent of my withdrawal symptoms. 

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

My wife drinks coffee all the time and I tend to drink it when she is around. When she is gone, I stop and I get a headache for a day or so and go to bed earlier. That is the extent of my withdrawal symptoms. 

And?  I'm confused as to what you're trying to point out here.

13 hours ago, aceluby said:

And?  I'm confused as to what you're trying to point out here.

People's experiences with withdrawal vary. Being a coffee addict need not be a life sentence. 

Archived