U.S. Politics- This Is Us, Basically Fascists

Jace, Extat

25 minutes ago, Suttree said:

So just to recap.

In an attempt to prove voter ID laws are needed you provided numbers from a white supremacist organization whose report has been disavowed by the author of the study they cite. More so, those numbers were further shredded in the courts when Kris Kobach(who has lead the national charge on this) was unable to cite any evidence of widespread voter fraud.

Next you provide a report(with a literal flying saucer on the cover) from an anti-immigrant organization tied to voter suppression efforts whose numbers show that ineligible voters made up .00046 of the votes cast in Allegheny county.

Leaving aside our arguments, I'm shocked that your own research hasn't already talked you off your stance.

anything other than a Real ID cannot be used for federal identification, and an illegal immigrant cannot get a Real ID

so, require a  Real ID to vote, and you remove the non-citizen vote

1 minute ago, Frog Eater said:

anything other than a Real ID cannot be used for federal identification, and an illegal immigrant cannot get a Real ID

Err, no. A LEGAL immigrant can get a real ID. And LEGAL immigrants (per that report) are the ones who overwhelmingly got said IDs. 

You're conflating noncitizens (who are usually unable to vote) with undocumented immigrants (who cannot typically get ID). These things aren't the same. 

1 hour ago, mormont said:

We're going to build a wall, in space, and the Martians are gonna pay for it!

Can we just get the dome from Space Balls?

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The Martians will never pay for your Earther wall! Sa sa que? 

Tax the lizard people!

1 hour ago, Ser Reptitious said:

Suddenly the Space Force makes sense... :ph34r:

I’m doing my part. Are you?

Join Space Force!

Quit being a civilian.

Become a citizen.

Would you like to know more?

31 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Serious question: why are you so upset at the idea that there might possibly be a handful of people voting who are not citizens?

I mean, in principle, it's obviously not ideal. In practice, it's electoral static. A shower of rain has more impact on the outcome of an election than in-person voter fraud.

27 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Can we just get the dome from Space Balls?

Tax the lizard people!

I’m doing my part. Are you?

Join Space Force!

Quit being a civilian.

Become a citizen.

Would you like to know more?

The inners always look down on da Belt. Dey ration our water and cut off our air! 

You tink dey care about da Belt? Dey squeeze us, whenever we ask for more!

40 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The inners always look down on da Belt. Dey ration our water and cut off our air! 

And they are terrified that we still vote!  Gotta be illegal, gotta, gotta, gotta!

BTW, perfectly legal I.D.s are available to everyone in this city and state with the proper back-up materials, dox, etc. Everyone, including immigrants, even if one can't have a driver's license, including those who would be denied a DL, thank goodness, because their vision is so impaired, or other reasons.  It's a real PITA to get, but get it one can, and you don't even have to pay for that one.

BTW, are sweetpea and frog eater the same bot-troll?  After all, 'frog' is a dead give-away as from where that one's a'comin!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_the_Frog

. . . .as a symbol of the controversial alt-right movement.[5] The Anti-Defamation League added certain incarnations of Pepe the Frog to their database of hate symbols in 2016, adding that not all Pepe memes are racist.[6] Since then, Pepe's creator has publicly expressed his dismay at Pepe being used as a hate symbol.[7]

The meme's original use has evolved over time and has many variants, including Sad Frog, Smug Frog, Feels Frog, and "You will never..." Frog.[8]

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Why would a Belter care about the Dusters or be speaking on their behalf? Earther, Duster, they all just inners.

Just now, karaddin said:

Why would a Belter care about the Dusters or be speaking on their behalf? Earther, Duster, they all just inners.

A smart belter know when to play inners against each other eh, coyo?

Mind-numbing stupidity, even by Trump standards. Does he think welfare recipients will be forced to labor in the farmer's fields? If the requirements are removed, the bill will sail through the Senate and the farmers will get their usual politically-required subsidies. 

After the bill cleared the House, Trump tweeted enthusiastically: “So happy to see work requirements included. Big win for the farmers!”

Trump, on Twitter, presses Congress on food-stamp work requirements

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/02/donald-trump-food-stamp-requirements-720645

Yep, there is still a white supremacist in the White House.

'Miller is not deterred': Top immigration aide pushing cuts in refugee numbers
The president suggested going as low as just 5,000, according to a former administration official.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/02/trump-immigration-refugee-caps-759708

But the discussion set the terms of the administration’s refugee policymaking. Now Miller and a group of like-minded aides are pressing to reduce drastically the number of people entering the U.S., both legally and illegally.

The immigration hawks are moving forward despite the blowback they got over their imposition of a “zero tolerance” prosecution policy at the southern border that resulted in the separation of thousands of migrant children from their parents, according to interviews with more than a dozen current and former administration officials and outside White House advisers.

One Republican close to the White House and a former White House official familiar with the discussions predicted the cap could fall as low as 15,000 in 2019, continuing a contraction of overall immigration, both legal and illegal. A tiny group of key administration officials led by the National Security Council’s Mira Ricardel were planning to meet Friday to debate the coming year’s refugee cap. Late Thursday, however, a White House official said the meeting about refugees had been postponed. It is not yet determined when it will be rescheduled.

Well to be fair, they have a wide degree of repugnant views. Mike Pence for instance is also a homophobe fundamentalist nutjob. He'll probably be president soon and will pardon Trump.

Speaking of mafias, a oldie but a goodie:

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

Do you really see Trump getting impeached though? Even if the Dems take the House, the Senate will never remove him. I think Nancy Peolsi will make a politcal calculation and try to ride out two years with a divded congress. In addition to shunning more left leaning candidates and pushing some midwestern, Trump lite, right leaning dems, the Dem leadership is trying to squash any impeachment talk, fearing it could backfire.

Maybe a smoking gun on a conspiracy charge could end him, but aything else won’t stick. I think the Republicans will for sure give him a pass for obstruction.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Do you really see Trump getting impeached though? Even if the Dems take the House, the Senate will never remove him. I think Nancy Peolsi will make a politcal calculation and try to ride out two years with a divded congress. In addition to shunning more left leaning candidates and pushing some midwestern, Trump lite, right leaning dems, the Dem leadership is trying to squash any impeachment talk, fearing it could backfire.

Maybe a smoking gun on a conspiracy charge could end him, but aything else won’t stick. I think the Republicans will for sure give him a pass for obstruction.

He has to step down somehow to at least be pardoned while his administration holds the power to do so. So yes, even if it's politically impossible to get a impeachment i believe he won't 'serve' the full 4 years.

This is, if he's actually smart. Since he's the worst fucking narcissist in recent history and near there on idiocy, he'll probably try for a coup or a 2nd term with russian 'help' (which leads to a coup lol).

News btw, Cohen took a 10 million bribe to secure a 5 billion state loan.

Since Cohen isn't a 'registered lobbyist' (the new-thought name for graft) this is still illegal (somehow).

32 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Thank you!  I wanted to say the original comment should have been delivered in a Mariner Valley Texas drawl but didn't want to derail.

Oi, Pampaw! Belters be treating all inners as just inners, not Earthers or Dusters. Make us easy to divide.

To pochuye ke?

Isn't it amusing that Fox sold everything to Disney but their propaganda station recently? Seems like Rupert 'cucked by Putin' Murdoch, was trying to divest everything but the propaganda machine into cold cash (probably couldn't get a buyer for fox news). It's almost like he expected some consequences from electing Trump.

Isn't it also amazing that the same Chinese spy laid both Murdoch and Putin and then goes shopping with Ivanka? It's like a bingo of evil and (disgusting) sex. This might be the dumbest timeline, but damn if books, games and movies aren't going to be great (if the USA is not a dictatorship by then ofc).

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Bruh, there are many white sumpremacists in the White House.

It is an interesting question: How many white supremacists are in the White House currently? I'm pretty comfortable calling Miller and Sessions white supremacists. It's clear that they are on a mission. What about Trump? Well, I used to call him a simple racist. I'm not sure that he has an actual ideology. There are many rumors that Trump has declined mentally from age. 

Archived