NFL 2018 Preseason: Now With More Jace Meltdowns!

Tywin et al.

The Vikings looked fantastic in their debut. The first team offense sliced Dover apart as did the second team. Their first team offense couldn’t move the ball on our D, which was missing half of the starters. The only concern was the third team defense, but that will only matter if we’re plagued with injuries.

2 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

The Vikings looked fantastic in their debut. The first team offense sliced Dover apart as did the second team. Their first team offense couldn’t move the ball on our D, which was missing half of the starters. The only concern was the third team defense, but that will only matter if we’re plagued with injuries.

Honestly, wasn't super impressed with Kirk.  I know it was only one drive, but the one long play they had wasn't a very good read and Diggs made an amazing catch on a not so great throw.  Thielen was wide open across the middle for 10-12 and a first.  Then on the TD play he literally stared down Diggs the entire time.  Luckily Denver played just awful.  Other than that there were just a bunch of check-downs.

With that being said, Case lost his first game to the Lions before calming down and playing the game.  So hopefully he gets things under control over the next few weeks awhile getting in some more reps.

4 hours ago, aceluby said:

Honestly, wasn't super impressed with Kirk.  I know it was only one drive, but the one long play they had wasn't a very good read and Diggs made an amazing catch on a not so great throw.  Thielen was wide open across the middle for 10-12 and a first.  Then on the TD play he literally stared down Diggs the entire time.  Luckily Denver played just awful.  Other than that there were just a bunch of check-downs.

With that being said, Case lost his first game to the Lions before calming down and playing the game.  So hopefully he gets things under control over the next few weeks awhile getting in some more reps.

I guess that's fair, and get used to seeing those kind of throws. They are what I was critical about when discussing Kirk. Hopefully our great weapons will minimize those type of mistakes. 

I want Case to succeed, but I'm not optimistic. I think he benefited from a lot of help and that he'll regress to what we thought of him before last season. Glad that he got his money though. 

14 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I guess that's fair, and get used to seeing those kind of throws. They are what I was critical about when discussing Kirk. Hopefully our great weapons will minimize those type of mistakes. 

I want Case to succeed, but I'm not optimistic. I think he benefited from a lot of help and that he'll regress to what we thought of him before last season. Glad that he got his money though. 

Jace thought he was a viable starting QB before last season, because Jace is an EXPERT.

Meanwhile, notorious thin skinned crybaby Aaron Rodgers is offended by the idea that players might have been offended by him trashing them to the media.

You can't make this shit up. The guy who called out 60 Minutes for airing interviews of teammates who called him oversensitive is upset about people being oversensitive.

12 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Jace thought he was a viable starting QB before last season, because Jace is an EXPERT.

Meanwhile, notorious thin skinned crybaby Aaron Rodgers is offended by the idea that players might have been offended by him trashing them to the media.

You can't make this shit up. The guy who called out 60 Minutes for airing interviews of teammates who called him oversensitive is upset about people being oversensitive.

So is he insensitively oversensitive? Maybe he is a sense8?

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Expert schmexpert! You only won because Gurley had the game of his life. I’m looking forward to kicking your pasty white butt around in A, C, Dynasty and Thunderdome!

1 minute ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Expert schmexpert! You only won because Gurley had the game of his life. I’m looking forward to kicking your pasty white butt around in A, C, Dynasty and Thunderdome!

And who had the brilliance to draft Gurley?

Who knew that 1 Tom Brady was worth more than 2 JAG's? 

Oh, that's right. It was Jace who knew those things. And while others were busy shuffling between replacement level QB's Jace was getting superior production from the GOAT + whatever trash was left behind.

18 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

And who had the brilliance to draft Gurley?

Who knew that 1 Tom Brady was worth more than 2 JAG's? 

Oh, that's right. It was Jace who knew those things. And while others were busy shuffling between replacement level QB's Jace was getting superior production from the GOAT + whatever trash was left behind.

Jace knew nothing, and your black magic won’t work this year. I’ve been training in the Carpathian Mountains, and the dark arts are on my side now.

Big Dumb went down with a possible concussion today. Apparently he went down after just throwing a pass? Then I hear there was a hit? Who knows. Somehow the Walking Boot will make its first appearance this season sooner than expected.

27 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Big Dumb went down with a possible concussion today. Apparently he went down after just throwing a pass? Then I hear there was a hit? Who knows. Somehow the Walking Boot will make its first appearance this season sooner than expected.

Walking boot for a concussion?  Sounds like something he would do.

12 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

I was quite disappointed with how few reps Rosen got in that first game especially when Darnold seems to have practically become the NYJ starter with his time.  

I'm sure Bradford was going to be almost impossible to supplant for opening day, but I'm still hopeful that Rosen gets in there year 1.  Bradford's ceiling is a high completion % with freakishly little yardage and TD's to show for it.  

Bradford will be hurt by week three anyway so Rosen will get his shot.

9 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

9 hours ago, Rhom said:

Walking boot for a concussion?  Sounds like something he would do.

Rapeburger Is so frustrating.

On the one hand, players reporting injuries (especially concussions) is a GOOD thing. And when they play through an injury (preferable not one to the brain) it's the stuff of heroes. 

But Roetlibereger is so transparent about 'LOOK AT MY INJURY! I'M A SOLDIER!' it becomes distasteful. Terrell Owens playing in the SB with a broken fucking leg. Alshon Jeffery playing the season with a Torn labrum. Dwight Freeney having his hands on Drew Breese CONSTANTLY in the SB two weeks after his ankle formed a perpendicular angle to his shin. These are genuinely awe inspiring things. 

But if Ben is going to play hurt, he NEEDS you to know he's playing hurt.

Yeah the Jalen Ramsey thing is funny. I also find myself kinda hating this guy already. He's too much like Richard Sherman for my liking.

Watched ep2 of Hard Knocks and it was entertaining. This Browns team is perfect for it. Corey Coleman... holy shit. What a weird exit. He just walks into Hue's office, practically in tears, asking Hue why he's on the second team. Then goes on to say 'you might as well trade me' while he's on the verge of tears. Hue seemed confused as hell. 

The Callaway stuff was interesting to see. I think Hue is way too trusting. If he actually thinks that Callaway's car had an old roach in it from one of his buddies that was using it in Florida, he's a complete moron. The cop's camera captured the dialogue when he pulled him over, and he said he could smell weed. I highly doubt a cop can smell a stale-ass roach that's weeks old. The dude was definitely lighting it up. Either or, had a killer first preseason game so he seems like he's in at least Jackson's good graces. Dorsey seems less trusting; especially considering that this is already an issue on their team with Gordon's history. 

Archived