Professional Wrestling: Irish War Painting II

Samsaptakas

16 hours ago, Ran said:

Though this might be of interest, a film about the legendary (and tragic) Von Erich wrestling family. Zac Effron... either there's a lot of prosthetics, or he hit the HGH waaaaay hard.

I'm surprised he did it again having been quite vocal about how miserable he was with the training regime for Baywatch. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

CM Punk is back. You've never really retired, and you've never burned all your bridges in wrestling. 

A lot of hype for a guy to just stand there in a white T Shirt and not say anything. :lol: 

Orton looked good in his return though.

Orton looked massive and the pop was huge for him. Overshadowed by Punk however, his return was heavily rumoured weeks ago but everyone had basically decided he wasnt showing up. They did a great job keeping it quiet beforehand. Will be interested to see how long he lasts before trouble appears this time.

• 1 month later...

The accusations are disgusting and extremely credible (indeed, backed up by text message provided in the complaint).  Plaintiff was very brave bringing this suit.  Once can hope this puts an end to Vince being in any position of authority ever again, but the cynic in me wouldn't hold my breath.

The complaint also plainly implicates Brock Lesner (albeit not necessarily in any illegal activity).  Hopefully he does not show up at Rumble tomorrow nor frankly ever again.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I'm more curious if he'll go to jail for a long time.

Again, not gonna hold my breath.

I just find it very interesting this happened in this current wave of news between the Netflix deal, Rock joining the TKO board (and now owning his trademark!), all in the week before the Rumble.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

Again, not gonna hold my breath.

I just find it very interesting this happened in this current wave of news between the Netflix deal, Rock joining the TKO board (and now owning his trademark!), all in the week before the Rumble.

Talk about bad timing for his partners.

That said, some of the details seem pretty clear cut criminal behavior that would get you or I locked up.

21 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

George must be writing Cody's story as well, because that's taking forever to be finished too.

Does seem pretty hilarious if the reason they FINALLY go through with Rock vs. Reigns is, essentially, because CM Punk got injured and they had to reshuffle the card.

Just caught up on the events of last night's Wrestlemania Kickoff Event.  Which sounds lame on its face, but actually was quite..eventful.  Looks like they're going with heel Rock.  Which is awesome.  Heel Rock is the best Rock.  Also adds uncertainty for at least the time being.  Gotta say, pretty well done.

19 minutes ago, DMC said:

Just caught up on the events of last night's Wrestlemania Kickoff Event.  Which sounds lame on its face, but actually was quite..eventful.  Looks like they're going with heel Rock.  Which is awesome.  Heel Rock is the best Rock.  Also adds uncertainty for at least the time being.  Gotta say, pretty well done.

I wonder if that was the plan all along though… or if they just decided to pivot when Rock got boo’d by the crowd last Friday? :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I wonder if that was the plan all along though… or if they just decided to pivot when Rock got boo’d by the crowd last Friday? :dunno: 

Good question.  Considering they've had to react in general to Punk's injury, who knows?  I do hope they are taking Heyman's advice, because this is his wheelhouse in turning uncertainty into gold.  But I also trust Triple H and Rock's instincts to adapt.  Granted, their also making it about themselves probably a bit too much, but as an Attitude Era guy, not gonna complain.

• 3 weeks later...

RIP to the one of the Original Four Horseman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/ole-anderson-original-four-horsemen-member-dead-at-81/amp/

Alan Rogowski, better known in the wrestling world as Ole Anderson, has died at age 81. Rogowski had an expansive legacy in the wrestling industry but is best known as one of the members of the original Four Horsemen faction. Friends and family members shared the news of Rogowski's passing on Monday.

• 1 month later...