Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

On 8/20/2019 at 7:39 AM, Le Cygne said:

And as Lindsay Ellis mentioned, they made Sandra hate Dany because she's pretty. I guess we are to presume that's why she hated Cersei, too. After Sandra nearly killed Arya the season before, they were scrambling for the next catfight.

Why is it gospel that Sansa hated Dany because she is pretty? Just because Ellis said this? Was it mentioned somewhere by the writers or directors (serious question)? Because I literally didn't see anything on screen in S8 that supports that view.

The writer of the episode said it:

“She’s also very pretty, and how much does that factor in? Sansa starts off this season very suspicious and not at all friendly with Dany.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/14/game-of-thrones-season-8-premiere-interview/

The rest of his comments, like those of the others, are laughable, too.

Like when he says Sansa has to address "abandoning" Tyrion. A teen abused hostage who escaped a forced marriage to the family who killed her family. All righty then.

(After they wrote a scene where he had a ship's worth of gold in hand and Shae begging him to not marry her, and he could have saved both women, but he said NO I'M A LANNISTER.)

3 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

So... the whole 'very disputed and close bidding war until Netflix did their thing' was BS? Lovely.

Also, I guess that derrails the unholy trinity of prophecised destruction: HBO, Disney and Netflix? The Mouse House  already sampled fan backlash due to Star Wars. 

And even the one movie they are reduced to sounds more like a contract obligation for Disney than a 'we absolutely wants these guys?'.

Whoever said the 'now they're contained to Netflix, yay!', wins a cookie.

We are 4 months away from the new star wars movie and there isn t any fan interest in the movie when we compare it to the previous star Wars or the avengers.... 

D&D are everything SW doesn t need. What is the point of hiring them when they bring more fan hate and desinterest? Disney, kathleen and Ryan Johnson killed this iteration of SW and adding D&D would be killing the next one before it even begins... I hope that the new year brings new people responsável for the SW project... 

The news about D&D's troubles with HBO, Netflix and Disney are music to my ears.

It seems like they are being blacklisted on a low-level.

Disney is smart for not wanting D&D anywhere near Star Wars. Because Star Wars has been floundering and bleeding out for quite some time now. Why make it worse?

And yes: Netflix is definitely more involved and more hands-on than HBO is.

17 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

The news about D&D's troubles with HBO, Netflix and Disney are music to my ears.

It seems like they are being blacklisted on a low-level.

Disney is smart for not wanting D&D anywhere near Star Wars. Because Star Wars has been floundering and bleeding out for quite some time now. Why make it worse?

And yes: Netflix is definitely more involved and more hands-on than HBO is.

? They just signed a $200M deal with Netflix?  I would hardly call that trouble or a low level blacklisting, LOL.  Although I do guess that HBO wasn't sorry to see them go.  I have no idea what's going on w/Disney and SW though.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

? They just signed a $200M deal with Netflix?  I would hardly call that trouble or a low level blacklisting, LOL.  Although I do guess that HBO wasn't sorry to see them go.  I have no idea what's going on w/Disney and SW though. 

Disney doesn't want them to do Star Wars anymore.

Disney is a GINORMOUS property now. Not only do they have regular Disney lines (Mickey Mouse, Mulan, Lion King, Disney Channel, etc.) but they also have Marvel and Star Wars. And they are coming out with their own streaming service very soon...

1 hour ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Disney doesn't want them to do Star Wars anymore.

Disney is a GINORMOUS property now. Not only do they have regular Disney lines (Mickey Mouse, Mulan, Lion King, Disney Channel, etc.) but they also have Marvel and Star Wars. And they are coming out with their own streaming service very soon...

Is this confirmed?

On 8/23/2019 at 10:01 PM, Le Cygne said:

The writer of the episode said it:

“She’s also very pretty, and how much does that factor in? Sansa starts off this season very suspicious and not at all friendly with Dany.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/14/game-of-thrones-season-8-premiere-interview/

The rest of his comments, like those of the others, are laughable, too.

Like when he says Sansa has to address "abandoning" Tyrion. A teen abused hostage who escaped a forced marriage to the family who killed her family. All righty then.

(After they wrote a scene where he had a ship's worth of gold in hand and Shae begging him to not marry her, and he could have saved both women, but he said NO I'M A LANNISTER.)

Sansa knew in Season 7 already that Dany was beautiful and said 'wth does it matter?'. Sansa's concern was the reaction Jon's dick had to Dany's beauty, not that she had issues with Dany's beauty. It's even in Dave Hill's own episode (8x01). *facepalm*

4 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

And there is a Disney scandal or problem every week now. From their parks to their business practices to their woke trend. Whether it's cooked books, dead children, fights at their parks or the recent Sony hiccup. It might be in Disney's best interest to get D&D away from any of their properties considering the problems these two bring with them.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:34 PM, miyuki said:

Please be fake news.

Unfortunately, this is not fake news.

Disney+ will be the name of it.

https://preview.disneyplus.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%2B

On 8/24/2019 at 3:56 PM, Darryk said:

Is this confirmed?

It's not official no because they still have them on contract. But Disney does not want them anymore.

Apparently, like @Mystical says, Disney has enough problems of their own. It's nothing wrong or unexpected by that; they are a gigantic entity now so naturally, they have more incidental issues pop up and more ground to cover. Some Disney execs are feeling skeptical because D&D will bring a whole host of other problems.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:32 AM, Mystical said:

Sansa knew in Season 7 already that Dany was beautiful and said 'wth does it matter?'. Sansa's concern was the reaction Jon's dick had to Dany's beauty, not that she had issues with Dany's beauty. It's even in Dave Hill's own episode (8x01). *facepalm*

Sansa's assumption that Jon only acted as he did because he was being led around by his dick was a fairly unpleasant one.  But, I do think that Jon screwed up completely at a diplomatic level.  Dany went North believing that the North had given her fealty, only to discover that it had not. Then, Jon told the Northern lords that he had to give her fealty in order to get her to come North, which completely contradicted what was established in the previous season.  I could say that was Jon just throwing her under the bus, but I think it's more likely the producers kinda forgot what happened in Season 7.

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The "no one was happy with the ending because no one wanted it to end" line is a talking point that no doubt sprang from HBO Damage Control Central... and will never not be funny.

I've only just watched Linda Garcia's last review:-

"I feel like Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes.  "They did it, they actually did it.  The fools."

On 8/28/2019 at 3:56 AM, SeanF said:

Sansa's assumption that Jon only acted as he did because he was being led around by his dick was a fairly unpleasant one.  But, I do think that Jon screwed up completely at a diplomatic level.  Dany went North believing that the North had given her fealty, only to discover that it had not. Then, Jon told the Northern lords that he had to give her fealty in order to get her to come North, which completely contradicted what was established in the previous season.  I could say that was Jon just throwing her under the bus, but I think it's more likely the producers kinda forgot what happened in Season 7.

I would argue that Sansa is no better. For all that people claim she is a "player" now, she's terrible at diplomacy. Being cold and standoffish to Dany as soon as they meet is a bad move, even if Sansa does have a bad feeling about her. If Jon doesn't assassinate dany (and how could sansa possibly predict that?) she is putting herself and the north on a collision course with the next targ monarch for no real reason. 

58 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

I would argue that Sansa is no better. For all that people claim she is a "player" now, she's terrible at diplomacy. Being cold and standoffish to Dany as soon as they meet is a bad move, even if Sansa does have a bad feeling about her. If Jon doesn't assassinate dany (and how could sansa possibly predict that?) she is putting herself and the north on a collision course with the next targ monarch for no real reason. 

I may be overthinking this, but she may have thought that keeping Daenerys on the back foot the whole time would help her cause.

3 hours ago, TheCasualObserver said:

I agree, it made no sense, none of it did. Not sure if you saw this video but she has a section on "Sansa" that's pretty good. Ladyfinger the Separatist!

I would have loved to see Sansa and Arya becoming friends with Dany, with some external conflict to provide the formulaic conflict they depend upon.

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I agree, it made no sense, none of it did. Not sure if you saw this video but she has a section on "Sansa" that's pretty good. Ladyfinger the Separatist!

I would have loved to see Sansa and Arya becoming friends with Dany, with some external conflict to provide the formulaic conflict they depend upon.

"She's not one of us".  That's reason enough to hate her.  Along with Missandei and Grey Worm.

I just loved the way the show validated Northern racism.

8 minutes ago, SeanF said:

"She's not one of us".  That's reason enough to hate her.  Along with Missandei and Grey Worm.

I just loved the way the show validated Northern racism.

Yeah, like Lindsay Ellis said, they turned the Starks into the Lannisters. And that's so not like the book Starks, they were not insular at all, quite the opposite. They are very much into outsiders.

Arya adds Hot Pie and Lommy and Gendry and just about anyone she likes to her pack. She's known for this. Sansa is into the ways of the world, and opens up to Sandor. Jon identifies with the Wildlings.

I've often thought they had to deliberately do their 180s on book characters and plots, because it happens so often. Like Jaime pushing aside the white book to fuck his sister instead of saying NO.

It happens all the time. They do the opposite of what the book characters would do.

Archived