Football: Bayern Seek the CHOsen One

Philokles

Sanchez seemed like he was coming on when Rashford was down, so it is strange that Lingard was preferred for the Mata sub. I guess if both needed to come off Mata for Lingard and Sanchez for Rashford would be more like for like.

Hmm, United, unsurprisingly given all the injuries, look pretty ropey but Liverpool haven’t really come close to punishing them. There have been 3 or 4 decent counterattacking opportunities from which I’m pretty sure we’d have produced at least a clear chance last year but all have come to nothing. The best chance of the game was Allison’s save at the feet of a half fit Lingard.

Well that was a really shit performance from Liverpool. I don't think they created a chance of note for the entire game.

This season's going to be really depressing isn't it? I was fully prepared at the start of the year to be comfortably behind City for the whole season but getting into a good position to win the league and throwing it away with a succession of underwhelming performances is pretty brutal.

To be fair salah is getting zero help atm and with firmino going off injured early we looked even more disjointed in attack. Milner was utter shite today and im pretty shocked henderson was pulled so early thought he was pretty good today. Dont think Shaqiri got on the ball within 20m of the box and there was no linking passes through midfield and forwards to create something. Mane didnt look interested especially when he had so much space to run into and stretch things down the left side and he pretty much just shuffled around giving the ball away when someone dared to ask him to take possesion.

Result doesn't really help either side. Our injuries are piling up as well which is very concerning. Both Sanchez and Lukaku need to step up now. It's also concerning that Fred can't get any game time and even Pereira who has ranged from poor to average is preferred over him. On a positive note, McTominay had a good game at DM and we defended well as a team - Liverpool never looked like scoring.

14 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Well that was a really shit performance from Liverpool. I don't think they created a chance of note for the entire game.

This season's going to be really depressing isn't it? I was fully prepared at the start of the year to be comfortably behind City for the whole season but getting into a good position to win the league and throwing it away with a succession of underwhelming performances is pretty brutal.

You're still in a pretty good position to win the league despite those performances, to be fair. A point in front, of course. Eleven games to go, six of them at home, including your two toughest games. Man City have a harder fixture list and more games to play as they're still in the cup. It's not as good as it was, but Liverpool have not actually thrown it away, at least not yet.

Got away with that one Dortmund. Leverkusen dominated the game yet managed to concede from every chance of note that they gave away.

Just in time to turn over for penalties.

Can’t say I’ve seen a player point blank refuse to be subbed before.

Archived