Jump to content
Euron III Greyjoy

Season 8 Official Trailer

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Tormund and Dondarrion, they are probably in some non seen underground parts of Castle Black, wonder what or whether they will find there something interesting.

Cersei with wine goblet, maybe she mourns her miscarraged child?

Varys, his is probably hidding during the battle of Winterfel

Jon in the crypts, he probably stands in front of Ned statue, but in this scene (0:52) you can see a statue of Lyanna (is there a outline of woman's dress?)

Where is Arya leading this men? To some hideout, but where, will it be a place where we see Varys previously? And where Arya is running from something?. She sees a dragon for the first time, so she wasn't present in the Winterfell when Jon came and Sansa saw dragons for the first time.

Tyrion? Is he standing in front of the tribunal? Or in front of the dragon who is going to consume him? If theories about his fate are true of course.

Battle of Wintefell, so it won''t be a siege, but a regular battle in front of the city. Same logic like a battle outside of Troy in 2004 movie. No logic from military point of view (on the other hand it is hard to put military logic when one has to fight with dead whigs) but it provides more entertaining sight from viewers perspective.

 

Overally, it doesn't say much, is made in a way to not allow for much speculation or, to point us in desired speculation in fullfilment of circulating spoilers and theories regarding season 8.

 

 

Edited by White26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, White26 said:

Tormund and Dondarrion, they are probably in some non seen underground parts of Castle Black, wonder what or whether they will find there something interesting.

Cersei with wine goblet, maybe she mourns her miscarraged child?

Varys, his is probably hidding during the battle of Winterfel

Jon in the crypts, he probably stands in front of Ned statue, but in this scene (0:52) you can see a statue of Lyanna (is there a outline of woman's dress?)

Where is Arya leading this men? To some hideout, but where, will it be a place where we see Varys previously? And where Arya is running from something?. She sees a dragon for the first time, so she wasn't present in the Winterfell when Jon came and Sansa saw dragons for the first time.

Tyrion? Is he standing in front of the tribunal? Or in front of the dragon who is going to consume him? If theories about his fate are true of course.

Battle of Wintefell, so it won''t be a siege, but a regular battle in front of the city. Same logic like a battle outside of Troy in 2004 movie. No logic from military point of view (on the other hand it is hard to put military logic when one has to fight with dead whigs) but it provides more entertaining sight from viewers perspective.

 

Overally, it doesn't say much, is made in a way to not allow for much speculation or, to point us in desired speculation in fullfilment of circulating spoilers and theories regarding season 8.

 

 

There is reddit thread  with screen captures , by using photoshop to brighten images some details could be seen for example (different users found that and posted images I only brightened them with allowance of Lord of Light :P)

Spoiler

(Iron throne meeting with Cersei and Euron and what seems Gold Company commander, Jorah seems to be carrying Heartsbane, Arya seems really messed up etc)

https://imgur.com/a/JzQGHrq#rRx7Klh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the beginning of the trailer, Arya says,

"I know death... He's got many faces... I look forward to seeing this one."

What do you think "this one" refers to? Cersei's face? Or does it refer to the Others (Army of the Dead)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ktm5124 said:

In the beginning of the trailer, Arya says,

"I know death... He's got many faces... I look forward to seeing this one."

What do you think "this one" refers to? Cersei's face? Or does it refer to the Others (Army of the Dead)?

In the first shot she is running with blood down her face.  In that second one she is holding a Dragonglass dagger maybe?  Would suggest that she's talking about the Whitewalkers but maybe the trailer is intentionally set up to do that.  What I will say is that if that scene now doesn't appear before the battle for Winterfell then that's a massive spoiler.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, White26 said:

Tormund and Dondarrion, they are probably in some non seen underground parts of Castle Black, wonder what or whether they will find there something interesting.

Cersei with wine goblet, maybe she mourns her miscarraged child?

Varys, his is probably hidding during the battle of Winterfel

Jon in the crypts, he probably stands in front of Ned statue, but in this scene (0:52) you can see a statue of Lyanna (is there a outline of woman's dress?)

Where is Arya leading this men? To some hideout, but where, will it be a place where we see Varys previously? And where Arya is running from something?. She sees a dragon for the first time, so she wasn't present in the Winterfell when Jon came and Sansa saw dragons for the first time.

Tyrion? Is he standing in front of the tribunal? Or in front of the dragon who is going to consume him? If theories about his fate are true of course.

Battle of Wintefell, so it won''t be a siege, but a regular battle in front of the city. Same logic like a battle outside of Troy in 2004 movie. No logic from military point of view (on the other hand it is hard to put military logic when one has to fight with dead whigs) but it provides more entertaining sight from viewers perspective.

 

Overally, it doesn't say much, is made in a way to not allow for much speculation or, to point us in desired speculation in fullfilment of circulating spoilers and theories regarding season 8.

 

 

When it comes to the Whitewalkers and undead I am not sure that Winterfell's Walls are high enough to hide behind.  They could just end up forming a mass of bodies that they climb over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

In that second one she is holding a Dragonglass dagger maybe? 

yes it looks like dragonglass, so she's probably running from aotd

1 hour ago, Eltharion21 said:

Jorah seems to be carrying Heartsbane

Yes, it's Heartsbane to me! That's great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was bored.

I will be bored if this is just zombies vs. dragons. 

The historical fiction needs to come back in because that's where the characters can actually be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I was bored.

I will be bored if this is just zombies vs. dragons. 

The historical fiction needs to come back in because that's where the characters can actually be interesting.

I felt like that or parts of Seasons 5 and 6, and all of season 7. Once I stopped comparing the Books and the TV Show it doesn't really bother me as much. I don't really watch the TV Show for a good story, I watch it because I enjoy the visuals, and because I'm not just not going to watch the final season. To be honest I'm more looking forward to the prequel shows then I am season 8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great trailer... amazing... I look so much forward to watching the final season...

Arya is really very scared, runs for her sheer life -- considering she is a tough young lady, this must be a real opponent. The Night King himself?

Cersei is drinking from a wine glass. I guess she is drinking poison, knowing she has finally lost the game of thrones. Probably the same posion she had Jaime give to Olenna Tyrell.

Jon and Dany in the crypts, in front of Lyannas statue. So Dany knows about his position and they still are side by side. 

Jon and Dany returning to their two dragons... I guess they both ride a dragon. 

Gendry managing the forgery. Maybe really working on stell himself? Valyrian? Too far fetched? 

Who does Bran talk to "where you belong, home"? Jon Snow? Simple as that? Or anyone else?

Winterfell... will be lost probably. Everyone fleeing into the crypts. Will be an interesting battle.

Missandei and Grey Worm in love. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sorta thought Tyrion was looking up at one of the dragons, without fear, but more like recognition.  That's all I got.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with this trailer and a few of the teasers before, it really seems like they are pushing the Winterfell crypts. I know as far as the books go, there have been theories about the crypts and why they are important and whatever else. But the show never did (from what I remember). So it would be interesting if there is something down there that is very important/or at least interesting for the fight to come.

Or it could be that's just a safe spot to hide from the Others and that's all they have been saying in the videos ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

So with this trailer and a few of the teasers before, it really seems like they are pushing the Winterfell crypts. I know as far as the books go, there have been theories about the crypts and why they are important and whatever else. But the show never did (from what I remember). So it would be interesting if there is something down there that is very important/or at least interesting for the fight to come.

Or it could be that's just a safe spot to hide from the Others and that's all they have been saying in the videos ha.

As you said, the Winterfell crypts are important in the books, but in the show they're probably just somewhere for the women, children, and Varys to hide. Jon will go down there to see his mother's statue after he gets told the truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Euron III Greyjoy said:

As you said, the Winterfell crypts are important in the books, but in the show they're probably just somewhere for the women, children, and Varys to hide. Jon will go down there to see his mother's statue after he gets told the truth. 

I know you're probably right ... I just don't want you to be right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, btfu806 said:

I know you're probably right ... I just don't want you to be right...

I don't want to be right either, but unfortunately in this case I probably am. With the information provided by the show so far, I feel like it would be an ass-pull for them to randomly find something down there. In the books it could be many things, but that's because they crypts have been set up to be extremely important. Anything could be found down there from dragon eggs, the original sword Ice, or some kind of proof the Starks are related to the Others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 12:55 PM, Euron III Greyjoy said:

So the official trailer has finally been released, what are everyone's thoughts? 

Excited.

Was that Tormund and Berric in a cave? I wonder what they are up to.

The guy they have playing Harry Strickland is nothing like what I imagined him looking like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

Excited.

Was that Tormund and Berric in a cave? I wonder what they are up to.

The guy they have playing Harry Strickland is nothing like what I imagined him looking like.

I have no idea where Tormund, Beric, and Edd are. They might be under Castle Black or something.

Yeah, in the books Harry Strickland is incredibly ugly, and doesn't really fight. The guy they have playing him the the show seems the complete opposite. My ideal storyline for the Golden Company in Season 8 would be for the current General to be Jon Connington, who finds out that Jon Snow is Rhaegar Targaryen's son, which leads him to break his contract with Cersei to serve the son of the man he loved. It would be a nice parallel to the books, where the Golden Company break their contract with Myr to place "Aegon Targaryen" on the Iron Throne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I have no idea where Tormund, Beric, and Edd are. They might be under Castle Black or something.

Yeah, in the books Harry Strickland is incredibly ugly, and doesn't really fight. The guy they have playing him the the show seems the complete opposite. My ideal storyline for the Golden Company in Season 8 would be for the current General to be Jon Connington, who finds out that Jon Snow is Rhaegar Targaryen's son, which leads him to break his contract with Cersei to serve the son of the man he loved. It would be a nice parallel to the books, where the Golden Company break their contract with Myr to place "Aegon Targaryen" on the Iron Throne. 

I just hope beyond hope that the show doesn't end with Bran being the Night King - and it all is some cyclical bullshit that happens over and over.

That would be a big let down.

I tend to do what I do with the books and look for all the people who could show up that are not dead. The person I have in mind the most is Jaqen. Will he end up fighting for the living? Probably won't appear at all. I always felt like he would though - for some reason.

Will Nymeria and her pack show up? I hope so.

Will Mel show up again. I think so.

Will Gendry fashion massive suits of Dragonglass armor for Danys remaining dragons? Probably not but that would be wicked. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

So with this trailer and a few of the teasers before, it really seems like they are pushing the Winterfell crypts. I know as far as the books go, there have been theories about the crypts and why they are important and whatever else. But the show never did (from what I remember). So it would be interesting if there is something down there that is very important/or at least interesting for the fight to come.

Or it could be that's just a safe spot to hide from the Others and that's all they have been saying in the videos ha.

The problem is that if the crypts are important in some way, it will need to be explained. Same as the Others still need to be explained. With everything that needs to happen in just 6 episodes, the last thing that's needed is endless exposition. They've had 7 Seasons to lay all the groundwork, jamming it all in at the last minute is a terrible move. I'm not interested in never ending explanations from Bran outside of what he reveals to Jon about his real parents. Crypts and the Others are things that should have been touched upon previously. Please spare me more monologues because the show is terrible with those.

Edited by Mystical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I don't want to be right either, but unfortunately in this case I probably am. With the information provided by the show so far, I feel like it would be an ass-pull for them to randomly find something down there. In the books it could be many things, but that's because they crypts have been set up to be extremely important. Anything could be found down there from dragon eggs, the original sword Ice, or some kind of proof the Starks are related to the Others. 

I feel like the show is shoe-horning in a lot of things which are important in the books in as-yet unspecified ways, but that the show runners don't really know why they're important. Or they don't care. They're treated as something to take up space to get to the end. Greyscale, the Golden Company, the Citadel, Euron, more, feel like they're getting this same treatment as the crypts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×