Jump to content

NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants


Secretary of Eumenes

Recommended Posts

Haloti...Na....Na....Nganna work here anymore.

Quote

 

Haloti Ngata, one of the most dominant defensive linemen of his era, scaled new heights to announce his retirement.

In an Instagram post, Ngata stood on top of Mount Kilimanjaro -- the world's tallest free-standing mountain -- with a banner that read, "I'm retiring from the NFL on top."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You’re like the dumped ex-boyfriend who says she wasn’t that pretty anyways.

Inextricably linked with the dude who swore for years she was ugly and now is an relationship with her :P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Inextricably linked with the dude who swore for years she was ugly and now is an relationship with her :P

 

Still not as bad as the person who marries someone they swore was an idiot before they started dating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Bengals finally cut Vontaze Burfict. Raiders signed him. Burfict and Brown on the same team is going to be interesting...

I know who I want to see on Hard Knocks now. 

There can only be one choice for Hard Knocks, right? Since they wouldn't go to Cleveland again? And the Raiders would be thirsty enough to agree to it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Triskele said:

I'm trying to think of the most boring possible Hard Knocks choices.  For some reason Titans came to mind.

11 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Made the playoffs 2 years ago.


And yet, still so boring that nobody noticed or cared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:


And yet, still so boring that nobody noticed or cared.

While that Titans team is largely unremembered, they did come back from 18 down at halftime to beat the Chiefs in the wildcard. So that was fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

While that Titans team is largely unremembered, they did come back from 18 down at halftime to beat the Chiefs in the wildcard. So that was fun.

Plus the Titans always keep you wondering if Mariota is questionable to return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The offseason headlines write themselves.

Here’s an offseason headline: Robert Kraft rejects plea deal, but his lawyers are working hard to suppress the video evidence.

I’ll set the over/under on the number of days until we see a video of Kraft getting domed up by a sex slave at 90.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Here’s an offseason headline: Robert Kraft rejects plea deal, but his lawyers are working hard to suppress the video evidence.

I’ll set the over/under on the number of days until we see a video of Kraft getting domed up by a sex slave at 90.

Did you see one of the girls was 38 and the other 58, came out yesterday I think. Sounds like he will fight to the end to not have to admit guilt or let anyone see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude,

A.  Calling 38 and 58 year olds 'girls' is demeaning in a way orthogonal to whatever one may think about sex work.

B.  Maybe it's just because I'm turning 46 next week but for as much as I despise the million or so Patriots bandwagon fans in Connecticut that never heard of John Hannah or Mosi Tatupu (Still love that Simpsons Halloween ep from '93 or so btw) I don't think you can slag a widower in his 70s for finding something to like about middle aged women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

Dude,

A.  Calling 38 and 58 year olds 'girls' is demeaning in a way orthogonal to whatever one may think about sex work.

B.  Maybe it's just because I'm turning 46 next week but for as much as I despise the million or so Patriots bandwagon fans in Connecticut that never heard of John Hannah or Mosi Tatupu (Still love that Simpsons Halloween ep from '93 or so btw) I don't think you can slag a widower in his 70s for finding something to like about middle aged women.

A. So calling them girls is some how offensive? When the fuck did that become demeaning? They have been called sex slaves, hoes, hookers etc. and you choose "girls" to rile up against? 

B. When did I say anything "slagging" him for finding middle aged women? He clearly just took whoever was available since it wasn't set up in advance and he was in and out in like 15 minutes. 

I posted it because the assumption has been that they were much younger and potentiallly females (since girls, women, chicks are all offensive) who were locked in there. Turns out they are older, have drivers and massage therapist licenses.

And BTW, many people find being called Dude insulting and demeaning.... since you like to call people out for putting labels on people. I don't mind it, but I feel I must stick up for the ones how do~! :smoking:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Dude,

A.  Calling 38 and 58 year olds 'girls' is demeaning in a way orthogonal to whatever one may think about sex work.

B.  Maybe it's just because I'm turning 46 next week but for as much as I despise the million or so Patriots bandwagon fans in Connecticut that never heard of John Hannah or Mosi Tatupu (Still love that Simpsons Halloween ep from '93 or so btw) I don't think you can slag a widower in his 70s for finding something to like about middle aged women.

 

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

A. So calling them girls is some how offensive? When the fuck did that become demeaning? They have been called sex slaves, hoes, hookers etc. and you choose "girls" to rile up against? 

B. When did I say anything "slagging" him for finding middle aged women? He clearly just took whoever was available since it wasn't set up in advance and he was in and out in like 15 minutes. 

I posted it because the assumption has been that they were much younger and potentiallly females (since girls, women, chicks are all offensive) who were locked in there. Turns out they are older, have drivers and massage therapist licenses.

And BTW, many people find being called Dude insulting and demeaning.... since you like to call people out for putting labels on people. I don't mind it, but I feel I must stick up for the ones how do~! :smoking:

Girls! Girls!

Settle down or I'll make you hold hands for the rest of the day,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

Did you see one of the girls was 38 and the other 58, came out yesterday I think. Sounds like he will fight to the end to not have to admit guilt or let anyone see it.

I wouldn’t call women that age girls, but they’re still sex slaves by all accounts. And of course he’ll fight with all his power to suppress the tape. If it gets out he’s finished.

Also, F you for going 15/16 and I’m glad it was my alma mater that denied you a perfect first day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rob Gronkowski Announces Retirement

This has to be an unsurprising shock.  Obviously, Gronk's retirement was a foregone conclusion even as it seemed to drag on since the Superbowl.  But Even still, there was always the chance that Brady would coax another season out of the probably the most incredible TE who ever lived (there are legit arguments to be made on who the greatest TE was- its either Gonzalez due to longevity of Gronk due to Time on the Field- that's another discussion).  

But Football is a merciless sport and its already taken its toll on Gronk; he has been hurt numerous times over the course of his career.  And his injuries have been a constant sore spot between him and the team; his family has been all but hostile towards Belichick.  

When he was on the field, there was nothing like Gronk.  He was bigger than most of the LBs who tried to cover him and was as fast and as quick as many of the DBs who tried in vain to stop him.  He was faster than anyone his size had any right to be; could block like a fiend and was as strong as the most DEs.  He had better hands than any TE who ever lived and could juke like a WRs.  He also touted the party line when it came to his own injuries, something that towards the end seemed to chaff.  I saw him play many many times and he was an absolute force of nature; he was so important and so vital to what was going on on the field, that he could (and did) simply take a game open.  Or required to much attention that everyone else was open.  He was so ludicrously hard to defend, that he began to get "Shaq Treatment" wherein the refs would see how dominant he was and just assume he was cheating; neglecting to see how over-matched his hapless defenders were at all times.  

The last catch he made in the NFL won a Superbowl.  Not too shabby.  

But if there was one play that will epitomize Gronk's uetter wrecking ball style it will be this one: Gronk catching, wrecking, outrunning and just dominating an over-matched D.  Later in that same game, Gronk just threw Sergio Brown into next week.  

I am stopping short of saying I am sad he's gone.  As stated, football is brutal and if Gronk can make half the money while experiencing 1/10th the injuries, there is no way to fault him for that.  Whether its wrestling or movies or being paid to party, I hope he gets everything he deserves and none of the downside.  He gave me and my friends a near decade of great joy.  

See you in Canton, Gronk.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...