Jump to content
Adam_Up_Bxtch

The Night King's Possible other destination?

Recommended Posts

The living are planning to draw in the Night King using Bran during the battle of Winterfell but has anyone even considered the possibility that Night King won't even be at the battle? As the army of the dead was pulling up to Winterfell the Night King was noticeably missing. Not even a peep from Undead Viserion like at the wall when you could hear Viserion's screech before you could even see him start bringing the wall down. If I was the Night King I wouldn't be ANYWHERE near Winterfell. All the troops are armed with weapons that could kill you (Unless they'll confirm that he is immune to Obsidian since that's what the Children used to create him in the first place). I'm calling it right now the Night King does not show himself at the battle of Winterfell and instead fly's down to Kings Landing and burns the city to the ground turning all of Cersei's army and all the people of KL into more soldiers for his army and starts north to attack Jon and co on two fronts. WHY would the Night King be ANYWHERE near this battle for winterfell and risk dying causing his whole army to fall when he could just send all his minion and Walker generals who can raise the dead just like him?

Edited by Adam_Up_Bxtch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

The living are planning to draw in the Night King using Bran during the battle of Winterfell but has anyone even considered the possibility that Night King won't even be at the battle? As the army of the dead was pulling up to Winterfell the Night King was noticeably missing. 

I thought the same. Why is this army marching on Winterfell at all? Everyone stops at winterfell to rest and resupply coming or going from the deep North but these guys don't need rest or supplies. PluS why are they moving so slowly that Tormund and Dolorous Ed could get all the way around and arrive ~18 hours ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

The living are planning to draw in the Night King using Bran during the battle of Winterfell but has anyone even considered the possibility that Night King won't even be at the battle? As the army of the dead was pulling up to Winterfell the Night King was noticeably missing. Not even a peep from Undead Viserion like at the wall when you could hear Viserion's screech before you could even see him start bringing the wall down. If I was the Night King I wouldn't be ANYWHERE near Winterfell. All the troops are armed with weapons that could kill you (Unless they'll confirm that he is immune to Obsidian since that's what the Children used to create him in the first place). I'm calling it right now the Night King does not show himself at the battle of Winterfell and instead fly's down to Kings Landing and burns the city to the ground turning all of Cersei's army and all the people of KL into more soldiers for his army and starts north to attack Jon and co on two fronts. WHY would the Night King be ANYWHERE near this battle for winterfell and risk dying causing his whole army to fall when he could just send all his minion and Walker generals who can raise the dead just like him?

Hi, I thought about this myself, and at the same time thought it would make for a good story if the army at Winterfell took the WWs anyway.  That would put down any wights with them, or most of them

I also wonder what Aria's new weapon is... It looks like a type of arrow for sure, possibly for the NK?  If not headed for Winterfell, I bet she could track him...

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Roux said:

I thought the same. Why is this army marching on Winterfell at all? Everyone stops at winterfell to rest and resupply coming or going from the deep North but these guys don't need rest or supplies. PluS why are they moving so slowly that Tormund and Dolorous Ed could get all the way around and arrive ~18 hours ahead. 

It is a good observation, but since the NK and WWs want to destroy all of humanity, there is a HUGE chunk of it there that can be added to the army of the dead.  Of course, you're right, they don't need to hurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roux said:

I thought the same. Why is this army marching on Winterfell at all? Everyone stops at winterfell to rest and resupply coming or going from the deep North but these guys don't need rest or supplies. PluS why are they moving so slowly that Tormund and Dolorous Ed could get all the way around and arrive ~18 hours ahead. 

Well I'm sure part of what Bran said was true that the Night King does want him dead and can track him so he knows he's there. Maybe if Bran wasn't at Winterfell he wouldn't even bother with it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the godswood would protect Bran, like the little hidey hole in the north under the great tree. Maybe a diluted power since Stark's weirwood tree is big and old but not quite so big and old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roux said:

luS why are they moving so slowly that Tormund and Dolorous Ed could get all the way around and arrive ~18 hours ahead. 

We see how slow the wights are moving, partly decayed junk. They move by foot.

Edd and his party had horses. Of course horses are faster than by foot. What a question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, it would be a nice twist, if the NK came to King's Landing. Also, the vision way back when was a dragon flying over King's Landing. We all assumed it would be Dany ... maybe it is the NK? Also make sense with season 2 vision of snow falling on the iron throne....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Ya know, it would be a nice twist, if the NK came to King's Landing. Also, the vision way back when was a dragon flying over King's Landing. We all assumed it would be Dany

Yeah, would be a fine twist. And were really haven't see the ice dragon or the Nightking for quite some time.

We'll have to see. One week to go. Oh my, I hate this waiting. I would have paid twice the amount to get all episodes in one go.

Edited by Kajjo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always loved this idea. The NK has a dragon, why can't he fly down, turn a few people including unGregor and start a zombie apocalypse in KI. They would be totally unprepared and he could easily double or triple his army. But I think in reality there is no way the show could fit that in the remaining four episodes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hound's She-wolf said:

But I think in reality there is no way the show could fit that in the remaining four episodes. 

Why not?

A gross Battle of Winterfell against a lot of WW and their wights and the NK not there. In E4 they show KL with the throne in ice...  I ask myself more what will happen after the battle... so enough time would be.

However, it's a good idea but I don't think it will happen. But it might.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

Why not?

A gross Battle of Winterfell against a lot of WW and their wights and the NK not there. In E4 they show KL with the throne in ice...  I ask myself more what will happen after the battle... so enough time would be.

However, it's a good idea but I don't think it will happen. But it might.

 

There would be a nice symmetry to the battle where Robb sent a small sacrificial contingent to distract the Lannisters while his main force captured Jaime. The NK could send all the cannon fodder dead and several White Walkers against Winterfell while he and the rest go after KI. I wonder if he could make Gregor a White Walker. That would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this exact scenario in the Episode 1 thread:

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/153814-the-night-king-and-kings-landing/

Some complained that the Night King wouldn't even know where King's Landing is, but the fact that a Wight was brought there would have allowed the Night King to know exactly where King's Landing was. Similar to how he set a trap with the dead rangers from Benjen's group to kill Mormont on the other side of the wall.

If he does attack King's Landing it will be great to see Cersei's reaction. She thinks she is pulling a clever "Tywin" move by letting all her enemies deal the the AotD so King's Landing will be completely unprepared. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hound's She-wolf said:

There would be a nice symmetry to the battle where Robb sent a small sacrificial contingent to distract the Lannisters while his main force captured Jaime. The NK could send all the cannon fodder dead and several White Walkers against Winterfell while he and the rest go after KI. I wonder if he could make Gregor a White Walker. That would be awesome.

Loving this thread. Imagine creating a situation where the audience is almost pulling for the NK, at least insofar as enjoying Cersie and Euron's horror when he shows up! Not going to bet on any of it happening, but cool idea and fun to imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Oldgodsnewtricks said:

Loving this thread. Imagine creating a situation where the audience is almost pulling for the NK, at least insofar as enjoying Cersie and Euron's horror when he shows up! Not going to bet on any of it happening, but cool idea and fun to imagine.

I agree on all fronts. Would love to see some sort of "twist", but I can't shake this feeling that even though the showrunners were given the details as to how the whole thing wraps up, we're not going to get a complex ending like the books might have offered (I say "might have", because I've given up hope on ever reading the end of the series). Instead, I fear that we're going to get some sort of textbook "Hollywood" ending, with the new King and Queen looking out over their new kingdom wondering what the future holds.

I'm really hoping that I'm wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong... :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a major battle at the gates so plenty of bodies to resurrect as long as he can walk them out of Blackcurrent Bay.

I guess Cersie will be heading north soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Ya know, it would be a nice twist, if the NK came to King's Landing. Also, the vision way back when was a dragon flying over King's Landing. We all assumed it would be Dany ... maybe it is the NK? Also make sense with season 2 vision of snow falling on the iron throne....

While this isn't in any means a concrete suggestion, if it were the Night King flying over Kings Landing wouldn't the shadow of the dragon passing over have big holes in the wings where the light would shine through, also with the Night King there would it be that warm and sunny still.

I always assumed Brans vision was in the past so pre Dance of the Dragons and it was neither the Night King or Dany, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

While this isn't in any means a concrete suggestion, if it were the Night King flying over Kings Landing wouldn't the shadow of the dragon passing over have big holes in the wings where the light would shine through, also with the Night King there would it be that warm and sunny still.

I always assumed Brans vision was in the past so pre Dance of the Dragons and it was neither the Night King or Dany, but I could be wrong.

I always thought that was fulfilled when Dany landed at the little meeting with Cersei and the other leaders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roux said:

I always thought that was fulfilled when Dany landed at the little meeting with Cersei and the other leaders. 

Yeah possibly, that was also in the future from when Bran had the vision, I'd always kind of felt it was in the past, I guess one way would be to see if the Sept could be spotted!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×