The Night King's Possible other destination?

5 hours ago, Hound's She-wolf said:

Bran doesn't have to be in KL for the NK to go there. Bran can't leave Winterfell, the NK can leave most of his White Walkers and the northern dead army to keep them busy while he goes south and starts a second army there and come back for him. He can burn most of KL and whatever bodies are left over can be raised. Even if he burns 80% there are still hundreds of thousands left to join him. If his goal is to destroy all humans and human memories KL and Oldtown are prime targets.

Having said all this, I still don't think the show is going in that direction but I still love this idea and the image of Cersei's face when Gregor turns into a White Walker.

Yeah, but if the NK heads to Kl, with his dragon, the North wins that battle easy. Jon and dany's dragons make quick work of the wights,  and then its 100,000 pissed of northerners and dothraki, with dragon glass against 20-30 WW's. Then the night king is forced to fight a battle on two fronts, the Kl forces on one side, and the northerners in hot pursuit on the other. 

5 hours ago, Hound's She-wolf said:

I think the blue flames burns not freezes, otherwise the wall would have just gotten bigger and colder.

Correct. Viserion is a wighted fire dragon, not a ice dragon. Ice dragons breathe cold. 

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

The thing about the Maesters is that they're not nearly as smart as they think they are. Their over-rational approach blinds them to the 'reality' of magic, maesters who get ejected such as Qyburn turn out to be more effective, and for all the books in their library, they miss a lot of key information such as what Sam (and Gilly) discovered.

The Maesters want a world without magic--a Planetos version of the Enlightenment and the Age of Reason. 

That makes humans just as much a threat to the dragons as to the WW. If the dragons figure that out, humanity is quite literally toast. They and the WW would be natural allies. 

I sincerely hope nothing happens at the Citadel. When Sam walks in and sees the library it's the same as the beast opening his library to Belle. To even imagine something happening to all the beautiful beautiful books will be sadder than half the characters we know we're losing on Sunday. Books are way better than people 9 days of 10. 

15 minutes ago, Roux said:

I sincerely hope nothing happens at the Citadel. When Sam walks in and sees the library it's the same as the beast opening his library to Belle. To even imagine something happening to all the beautiful beautiful books will be sadder than half the characters we know we're losing on Sunday. Books are way better than people 9 days of 10. 

I still get sick thinking about the Library at Alexandria. That's the real world counterpart to the Citadel. 

Its a good theory and one I wouldn't mind being true. It makes a lot of sense in terms of ending the show. They have a big battle when Jon and co win in winterfell but the NK doesn't show, Jons army takes a beating to win and they are left wondering whats happened to the NK and if they've really won.

They show Winterfell in ruins, parts of an army standing in the carnage then we pan down to KL, its warm, Cersei and Euron are looking smug as The Golden Army are standing in the courts looking unstoppable when Viscerion and the NK come over and wipe a chunk of them out with ice fire. The Wights attack and its carnage in KL, the main characters retreat and escape and the last scene is NK taking the Iron Throne.

AotD being destroyed in one episode after seven series of build doesn't really do them justice. This would be a major victory for the NK if they did this and set up a return bout in episode 5 or 6 where we can get the final slug out. AotD look unstoppable having been victorious and only opposing them are our battered heroes with the remnants of the army from battle 1.

Gives plenty time to sow up the characters arcs with each other ready for the final battle. Show hasn't exactly went in much on the whole AA/Lightbringer theory so dunno if that's gonna come to fruition but it would make more sense if the NK was standing from a victorious position and the human faction were looking at it from the depths of defeat with a miracle needed to turn things around.

I think that if the Night King goes to King's Landing, Cersei will make a deal with him. Sure, a wight army could end up being raised out the population of KL and all that. The recent reveal of why the NK is after Bran, is in continuation to the theme of what is after death, which is apparently nothing. So it's not like Gandalf telling Pippin death is only the beginning, in GoT death leads to nothing. I'm thinking maybe Cersei wouldn't mind if that happened. She lost her children, and she knew she would because of that prophecy, she lost Jaime, she's probably not pregnant, or if she was she has or will lose that baby, she really isn't ruling over much by the looks of things, so she may want to forget everything. Become a Night Queen without memory of a former life.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I think that if the Night King goes to King's Landing, Cersei will make a deal with him. Sure, a wight army could end up being raised out the population of KL and all that. The recent reveal of why the NK is after Bran, is in continuation to the theme of what is after death, which is apparently nothing. So it's not like Gandalf telling Pippin death is only the beginning, in GoT death leads to nothing. I'm thinking maybe Cersei wouldn't mind if that happened. She lost her children, and she knew she would because of that prophecy, she lost Jaime, she's probably not pregnant, or if she was she has or will lose that baby, she really isn't ruling over much by the looks of things, so she may want to forget everything. Become a Night Queen without memory of a former life.

I don't see how she could negotiate with someone who doesn't speak. I don't think the NK needs a deal either. But I do like the idea of Cersei the Night Queen.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, Kajjo said:

We see how slow the wights are moving, partly decayed junk. They move by foot.

Edd and his party had horses. Of course horses are faster than by foot. What a question.

Also, they know the way. 

On 4/23/2019 at 2:15 PM, Dragon Glass said:

Some complained that the Night King wouldn't even know where King's Landing is, but the fact that a Wight was brought there would have allowed the Night King to know exactly where King's Landing was. Similar to how he set a trap with the dead rangers from Benjen's group to kill Mormont on the other side of the wall

That's similar how? He'd only have to know that the Night's Watch would bring the bodies somewhere. Not where exactly. 

The only time we've definitively seen him track from a distance is with Bran, and that's because he left his mark. I don't have any reason to believe he can track a long-rotted hand.

10 minutes ago, Hound's She-wolf said:

I don't see how she could negotiate with someone who doesn't speak. I don't think the NK needs a deal either. But I do like the idea of Cersei the Night Queen.

It wouldn't be an actual negotiation, like simply down and discussing terms. He could use magic to show her what he could do for her, she would simply surrender to him. 

On 4/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, Kajjo said:

We see how slow the wights are moving, partly decayed junk. They move by foot.

Edd and his party had horses. Of course horses are faster than by foot. What a question.

Except when they're not, like at Hardhome. And Edd and Tormund went double on horses, and had to go around, in supposedly snowy conditions, 'cause it's winter.

7 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

The thing about the Maesters is that they're not nearly as smart as they think they are. Their over-rational approach blinds them to the 'reality' of magic, maesters who get ejected such as Qyburn turn out to be more effective, and for all the books in their library, they miss a lot of key information such as what Sam (and Gilly) discovered.

Dunno if Qyburn is the best example. Was healing Jaime's stump worth Zombie Mountain?

5 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

If the dragons figure that out, humanity is quite literally toast. They and the WW would be natural allies. 

You honestly think two dragons are a threat to humanity? Bronn brought the big one down in its first battle.

Now, not having the dragons to kill the zombie army, that would be bad. But I don't think we have to worry about them turning before the forthcoming battle. 

6 hours ago, Roux said:

That could be his NK's target to destroy all documents, not only Bran's memory of humankind. 

10 hours ago, darmody said:

That's similar how? He'd only have to know that the Night's Watch would bring the bodies somewhere. Not where exactly. 

The only time we've definitively seen him track from a distance is with Bran, and that's because he left his mark. I don't have any reason to believe he can track a long-rotted hand.

Similar to the fact that the wight that was brought to King's Landing was south of the wall a thousand miles from the Night King but it was still "alive".  

The dead ranger didn't re-animate until it was on the other side of the wall and it specifically went to Mormont's room.

This would indicate that the Night King has some control of Wights south of the wall. It would also indicate that there was some knowledge of the layout to Castle Black for the ranger wight to know exactly where to go and who to kill. Either the Night King wargs the wight and has access to its memories/knowledge or the Night King just re-animates them and they maintain some memory/knowledge.

Either way, he would be able to have knowledge of King's Landing and its location through the dead that he or his White Walkers control. 

The NK left a message with the Umber boy. Whats was the point of that if that as no-one to to see it. The NK let them get past him because he wants them all to be ready for a battle at Winterfell. But why does he need a battle a seige will do just as well, not like he has any other armys to face him. In fact it makes no sense to have a battle at all, Sansa already said they don't have enough food for the two armies. A battle distracts them so going south is an option. But dragons don't work so well as we can see in the north. Likewise perhaps for dead dragons in the heat. Oldtown is a neat target, easy pickings to raise another army and open a two front attack, otherwise he turns up after the AotD have weakened the forces at Winterfell and used up some of that dangerous dragonglass. 

Otherwise hes going to come in via the crypts. they will be used somehow, they keep been mentioned

On 4/23/2019 at 12:16 AM, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

The living are planning to draw in the Night King using Bran during the battle of Winterfell but has anyone even considered the possibility that Night King won't even be at the battle? As the army of the dead was pulling up to Winterfell the Night King was noticeably missing. Not even a peep from Undead Viserion like at the wall when you could hear Viserion's screech before you could even see him start bringing the wall down. If I was the Night King I wouldn't be ANYWHERE near Winterfell. All the troops are armed with weapons that could kill you (Unless they'll confirm that he is immune to Obsidian since that's what the Children used to create him in the first place). I'm calling it right now the Night King does not show himself at the battle of Winterfell and instead fly's down to Kings Landing and burns the city to the ground turning all of Cersei's army and all the people of KL into more soldiers for his army and starts north to attack Jon and co on two fronts. WHY would the Night King be ANYWHERE near this battle for winterfell and risk dying causing his whole army to fall when he could just send all his minion and Walker generals who can raise the dead just like him?

It doesn't fit with the story or what we know about the Knight King though. For it to work. For this to be believable we would have to be shown the Knight King is human and is scared or worried. Nothing in the show depicts him like this, in fact everything in the show make shim and his army out to be an unstoppable force of nature where there is no hope against it. They already outnumber the heroes in the North with overwhelming numbers. To go south for another what 40,000? means nothing to him. He has only shown one thing get in his way and you become a part of his army. And Winterfell is in his way.

The show has also already established that his two main enemies are Bran and Jon, Cersei is nothing to him except just another human that he will eventually get. The show last episode gives us the Night Kings motivation is to get to Bran. Both Bran and Jon are surrounded by a much larger magical army of undead with no escape. Why march past the one place you want to be when you've been shown to be unstoppable and everyone already fears you?

On the preview you see undead Viserion for a split second, but he is there in the North. I don't think the Night King is going south to conquer the whole south by himself while his army and dragon are up North fighting the battle that he wants to be in. You also hear Jon say "the Knight King is coming" in the preview and you see a lot for the heroes running around inside Winterfell looking scared/worried. I think this fits in more with the theory that he gets into Winterfell using the tunnel system or crypts underneath Winterfell that have been foreshadowed that no one knows how expansive they are in early seasons. 

Bran isn't the only "memory of this world".

If the NK's primary goal is to "erase the worlds memory", then, if we assume that he isn't at WF (and that he, for some reason, is on a time limit), then the only other destination he could possibly be aiming for would be the Citadel in Oldtown. 

"We are this worlds memory, Samwell Tarly" // Archmaster Ebrose. 
"Memory" in this case is more than oral stories and memories, it's written history. 
Just killing the 3ER won't do, humanity will still remember and recover. 

Archived