Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/13/2019 at 5:36 PM, Anthony Pirtle said:

Very little. His imporance was only a a foil/target for the Night King, who, it turns out, was only the third-biggest villain of the show. Bran's story is done.

I hope you’re correct on this. Not because I  want his story to be done but because I don’t want Bran to be voted to take the Iron Throne then create a King’s Counsel. That would be disappointing even though I thought Jon would do that. Just not Bran. I would like something more surreal and mystical for him to wrap up his arc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is possible that Bran, knowing everything that has come to past, has been playing the Game of Thrones on another level all along, and so has the NK. What Bran effectively did is set the stage not for him defeating the only true threat to his victory (NK), but also the destruction of all other threats by pitting them against one another using the knowledge he gained for each.

Bran does all of this  for the same reasons that the Night King did, as a 'Reluctant King' to avoid history repeating itself which they both knew will inevitably. They just went on about it differently.

If this turns out to be Bran's endgame, then his purpose was to become King after Dany breaks the wheel so that he can rebuild it or replace it with something much more refined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I already mentioned he warged into Drogon or Dany to burn KL. We will know why.

There must be a reason why they didn't show Dany not even once when Drogon was burning the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Obsidian Knight said:

As I already mentioned he warged into Drogon or Dany to burn KL. We will know why.

There must be a reason why they didn't show Dany not even once when Drogon was burning the city.

Most likely reason is they just wanted to fuck with your head. Is she mad? Just pissed off?! Posessed by Bran??!! OMG, is it The Night King??!!!!!

Tune in next week to find out but don't forget to talk and speculate as much as possible in the meantime, it all helps boost the ratings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

It is possible that Bran, knowing everything that has come to past, has been playing the Game of Thrones on another level all along, and so has the NK. What Bran effectively did is set the stage not for him defeating the only true threat to his victory (NK), but also the destruction of all other threats by pitting them against one another using the knowledge he gained for each.

Bran does all of this  for the same reasons that the Night King did, as a 'Reluctant King' to avoid history repeating itself which they both knew will inevitably. They just went on about it differently.

If this turns out to be Bran's endgame, then his purpose was to become King after Dany breaks the wheel so that he can rebuild it or replace it with something much more refined.

Tbh, if thats the case, it would be kinda awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

It is possible that Bran, knowing everything that has come to past, has been playing the Game of Thrones on another level all along, and so has the NK. What Bran effectively did is set the stage not for him defeating the only true threat to his victory (NK), but also the destruction of all other threats by pitting them against one another using the knowledge he gained for each.

Bran does all of this  for the same reasons that the Night King did, as a 'Reluctant King' to avoid history repeating itself which they both knew will inevitably. They just went on about it differently.

If this turns out to be Bran's endgame, then his purpose was to become King after Dany breaks the wheel so that he can rebuild it or replace it with something much more refined.

And then he will arise and say:

"My subjects, I can walk!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, martianmister said:

And then he will arise and say:

"My subjects, I can walk!"

Ha!

Edited by Daemos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bran had a lot of air time in the first season... I re-watched the first season, and I’ve been re-reading the first book, and he featured heavily... it would not surprise me if Bran ends up playing a huge part in the final episode and twist. He is the only one capable of interfering like this, and he hasn’t actually done anything meaningful yet, other than cause issues. He’s possibly the most mysterious character.... and there’s been little explanation for his antics..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 11:36 PM, Chris is my name said:

From the proposed last script GRRM wrote for the show: "The Lion and the Rose" S4E2:

Images flash by, one after another; distant places and different times, familiar faces and faces of strangers.

Ned Stark cleans Ice beneath Winterfell’s heart tree (from the original pilot).

The Mad Kings Aerys Targaryen a gaunt man with silver-gold hair and foot-long fingernails, CACKLES as he watches Ned’s father and brother burn.

Jon Snow with Ghost. Unawares.

Two children, a boy and a girl, fight with wooden swords in Winterfell’s godswood. (Benjen and Lyanna as kids).

Robb sits drenched in blood amidst the carnage of the Red Wedding, surrounded by the dead. His dead face slowly transforms into Grey Wind’s wolfish features.

Jaime and Cersei embrace in Winterfell’s old keep (the last thing Bran saw before he fell, from the pilot).

A black direwolf with green eyes (SHAGGYDOG) looks up suddenly from a bloody kill, as if he senses Bran.

Hints of strange small children with very dark eyes.

The shadow of a dragon passes across the rooftops of a great city (King’s Landing, where Bran has never been).

Arya with Needle in hand. Her face MELTS and CHANGES.

The visions end with a distinctive quartet of northern hills (per Chris Newman’s location photograph), serving as the backdrop to the LARGEST WEIRWOOD we’ve ever seen.

-------------------------------------

While this season has given us much to :bang: about, considering GRRM seemed to be suggesting the accuracy of Bran's visions, what is his ultimate purpose? By my calculations, his entire show arc north with Jojen & Meera (parts of which Martin wrote) appears to have been for no reason; was all of that simply to confirm Jon's parentage? Why was he seemingly destined to train under/become the 3ER? This has yet to be answered.

What will the final episode do with Bran? [no leak/supposed leak material please]

I don’t know but I believe if there was ever a great plot involving Bran we would know it by now. Perhaps they make a use out of it next episode. If they don’t and fans ask what happened with Bran, the most expected answer will be: “well this show is about harsh reality, it’s not Disney”. :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mistake is Bran stopped being Bran when 3 eyed raven went into his mind. I think whom ever he is needs night king and dany gone and dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The mistake is Bran stopped being Bran when 3 eyed raven went into his mind. I think whom ever he is needs night king and dany gone and dead.

Yes but the original question: why Bran? Why was it necessary for Jojen and Meera to get him there; if the purpose was understood, why wouldn't Jojen, who was also a greenseer, just train under the 3ER himself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cause  the reed likely had his own  control over his abilitjes. Figure 3eyed raven or Blood Raven wanted a noviece  like Bran to mold and manipulate. Or wanted to pick someone like a stark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bran wargs into Drogon, fulfilling the 3ER's prophecy that '[he] will fly'.

 

Maybe we find out that Bran was warged into that horse that Arya rode out of KL.  (though I doubt it).

 

Maybe we find that he is setting up Westeros to recover from the Long Night, just like he Brandon the Builder did after the previous Long Night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bran did it because he was a little kid who had wanted to be a hero, he wanted Old Nan's stories to be true, but then ended up a cripple. And so, he made it all happen, all of it. Got drunk on the power to rewrite history for his own desires.

Or not lol.

4 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Bran wargs into Drogon, fulfilling the 3ER's prophecy that '[he] will fly'.

 

Maybe we find out that Bran was warged into that horse that Arya rode out of KL.  (though I doubt it).

 

Maybe we find that he is setting up Westeros to recover from the Long Night, just like he Brandon the Builder did after the previous Long Night.

That is an interesting point. Brandon the Builder is credited for building so much stuff, yet one wonders how he could have possibly done so. But if he was one of the first TERs, it could explain why a single person (or "person") would have been responsible for so much. Maybe it really was Bran "building" the world to live his little fantasy story.

Edited by NonoNono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Bran wargs into Drogon, fulfilling the 3ER's prophecy that '[he] will fly'. 

Unless there is something in the leaks [I don't want to know], I am perplexed at how many people are predicting something like this.

It seems pretty clear to me that "you will fly" has already been fulfilled by his ability to inhabit ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Chris is my name said:

Unless there is something in the leaks [I don't want to know], I am perplexed at how many people are predicting something like this.

It seems pretty clear to me that "you will fly" has already been fulfilled by his ability to inhabit ravens.

It probably was, but many took it to mean that he could inhabit dragons.  Ravens are so ... well ... hum-drum. But dragons ... :drool: 

Bran warging a dragon has been a prediction for some time.  Including his warging Viserion to take out the NK.

I had wondered if he was warging Drogon in ADWD.

Edited by Tywin Tytosson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Bran did it because he was a little kid who had wanted to be a hero, he wanted Old Nan's stories to be true, but then ended up a cripple. And so, he made it all happen, all of it. Got drunk on the power to rewrite history for his own desires.

Or not lol.

That is an interesting point. Brandon the Builder is credited for building so much stuff, yet one wonders how he could have possibly done so. But if he was one of the first TERs, it could explain why a single person (or "person") would have been responsible for so much. Maybe it really was Bran "building" the world to live his little fantasy story.

That could very well be ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

It probably was, but many took it to mean that he could inhabit dragons.  Bran warging a dragon has been a prediction for some time.  Including his warging Viserion to take out the NK.

I had wondered if he was warging Drogon in ADWD. 

Right, it still may be possible in the books, but very hard to say; it seems like the books suggest that there needs to be an existing link between the skinchanger and the animal (or at least proximity.) And I'm not sure what using Drogon to dump Dany in the Dothraki sea would accomplish, as her position in Meereen wasn't so promising to begin with.

 

Edited by Chris is my name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×