Jace, Basilissa

U.S. Politics: Pedophilia is Just Acosta Doin' Business

39 minutes ago, Bonnot OG said:

Lol Cruz and Cassidy want anti fascists to be labeled as terrorists yet have been real quiet when Trump supporters have mailed pipe bombs to people, shot yo synagogues, mosques, news rooms etc.

But you're all like "given the things you've posted in this thread" and "lol @ people who vote blue" and stuff.  

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, I was wondering if you were making a point about minimum wages in Alaska. Can you survive on $15 an hour?

As far as I know the USPS contracts apply across the US.  

As to surviving on $15 an hour, a few of my younger quasi relatives get by (barely) on $10 - $12 an hour working fast food joints or at big box stores.  Factor in kids...well, its a good thing that WIC is there, along with Medicaid.  

2 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

So lemme see if I've got this straight.  Most boarders believe in a livable minimum wage for those who are in the kinds of jobs that make minimum wage.  Great.  I'm for that too.  But then when businesses, as businesses will, take the steps to reduce their costs on labor by installing AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WITH NO HUMAN OPERATING THEM, THEREBY GETTING RID OF SAID MINIMUM WAGERS, our boarders happily use these "conveniences" because, hey, we're busy and in a hurry and can't wait for, you know, PEOPLE to serve us.

Got it.  Way to have the courage of your convictions!  :lol:    I'm sure the few human beings left holding down minimum wage jobs will be very grateful for your support.

Not quite.  In my younger days, I spent a decade-plus delivering pizza for a living.  My base pay was minimum wage, to which were added tips and a delivery fee that covered gas and minor repairs.  

Minimum wage went up three or four times over this span - always by a dollar an hour.  Each time it did, conservatives would howl that this would force businesses to close, cause sky high prices, or go to automation.  This did not happen - at least locally (and I knew quite a few people in retail/fast food back then).  Instead, pizza joint I was at, the cost of a pizza went up about twenty-five cents - fifty cents for the combo's and others with lots of toppings.  Most of the customers didn't even notice. The wages of other employees - those who'd been around long enough to get raises - also increased. Thing is, the work still needed to be done, and most of that work CANNOT be automated.

Yes, I fully support the $15 an hour.  Implemented gradually - at a dollar per hour per year - is workable for most businesses, at least in the fast food and retail sectors.  Try getting there all at once - a $5 hour bump - that would cause serious problems, especially for the smaller businesses.  Go with the $15 an hour, but phase it in, that's my stance. 

The thread is over.

So I’m gonna point out that whenever I saw this thread on my phone, it read:

U.S. Politics: Pedophilia

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

Lol. Ok. Well fuck my family then and any like them. Not worth worrying about cause we are lazy and don’t deserve to be in business. Let’s ignore that we pay $15 an hour now

How much is your family making from the business? More than $15 per hour worked by a family member?