Mordor

Season 8 no longer rotten in Rotten Tomatoes

On 9/26/2019 at 1:24 PM, SeanF said:

32% is pretty dire.

Has a final season of any other show been that low after what came before was a lot higher. I'd bet on How I Met Your Mother but that started sliding a few years before the final season. Although the final season was by far the worst.

5 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Has a final season of any other show been that low after what came before was a lot higher. I'd bet on How I Met Your Mother but that started sliding a few years before the final season. Although the final season was by far the worst.

The quality of the story-telling took a nosedive in Season 7, even if the Season contained some outstanding scenes, like the attack on the loot train.  The problems that had been building just overwhelmed the story in Season 8.

9 hours ago, SeanF said:

The quality of the story-telling took a nosedive in Season 7, even if the Season contained some outstanding scenes, like the attack on the loot train.  The problems that had been building just overwhelmed the story in Season 8.

Oh I know. Season 5 is where it really starts going wrong. 4 had some bad moments but had far more good than bad. I just meant that despite 5, 6 and 7 being awful, they still got generally good reviews. It wasn't until 8 that even the people who ignored the problems finally saw through it all. That's what I meant by 8 being the point where the ratings and reviews were really low compared to what came before.

Edited by Ghostlydragon