US Politics: Locking Up the Vote!

Fragile Bird

52 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I mean, yeah, I’ve seen a lot of dicks against my will and should not have to do so in the workplace, as these women should not.

Fair enough. 

Technically, if unwitting it may be different from flashers etc, but I don't wish to align myself with men who think life is what happens between bouts of masturbation.

I mean, one should assume that the camera is recording unless it is physically unplugged from the computer, or if you're on a device with an inbuilt camera then it's always recording (and listening). So, if you are going to do something that you don't want out in public, whether it's masturbating or eating your boogers, unplug the camera or turn it away from you. Even if you don't buy into the notion of being permanently snooped on, it's a good habit to get into simply to prevent these kinds of mishaps.

I haven't read or heard anything about this particular case so I can't comment on any specifics.

12 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I too try not to align myself with men... or women. I mostly try to align myself with people who don't align themselves by sex.

how nice for you. although being on this website would indicate I am attracted to fantasy worlds, I do not think I can eliminate milleniums of human culture by an act of will.

19 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I have that kind of job where I do hours of work at home nightly for which I am not paid. I do not recommend this model (or my profession itself) for most people. I would not consider it low paying in my case currently, but it is in the first few (or several) years while one establishes themself. You also have to touch and shave strangers, which is suboptimal. However, it is the greatest of all jobs except for baby walrus caretaker at the Alaska Sea Life Center. 

Surely baby Panda handlers (red or giant) have to be up there too? They look amazing.

On the Toobin thing the last I'd seen was that it looked very likely to be cyber sex over Skype with someone not his wife. So a doubly epic fail. The take I'd seen which sounded pretty likely was that he was needing to carry out this illicit affair during work meetings as that's when he's got a justification for a "do not disturb" policy while he's at home permanently.

5 minutes ago, Castellan said:

how nice for you. although being on this website would indicate I am attracted to fantasy worlds, I do not think I can eliminate milleniums of human culture by an act of will.

I did say I try, I'm not saying I've succeeded.

I see Donald Trump went to Church recently. I guess that means there are only 2 possibilities for how he's still alive: either it's now 100% confirmed he's not a demon, or the church he went to isn't really hallowed ground.

23 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I see Donald Trump went to Church recently. I guess that means there are only 2 possibilities for how he's still alive: either it's now 100% confirmed he's not a demon, or the church he went to isn't really hallowed ground.

It's probably part of their last-minute "good character" campaign.

21 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So I had to Google to see what you were talking about. The church was an independent nondenominational one in Las Vegas and according to US News and World Report:

Earlier in the day, Trump sat in the front row at the nondenominational International Church of Las Vegas as the senior associate pastor, Denise Goulet, said God told her early that morning that the president would secure a second term.

“At 4:30, the Lord said to me, ‘I am going to give your president a second win,’” she said, telling Trump, “you will be the president again.”

Just the kind of church Trump would like. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-10-18/trump-biden-are-campaigning-across-country-from-each-other

36 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

...or, OR, there is no God.

In terms of Trump's relationship with god, at least the latter didn't tell him to invade a Middle Eastern country precipitating the biggest geopolitical boondoggle in forty years, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of innocent lives.  Took a plague for Trump to get that type of blood on his hands.  I'll take faux piety - even the self-glorifying type - over a zealot any day.

2 hours ago, teej6 said:

Two new developments. SC denies GOP request to stop extended period for returning mail ballots in Pennsylvania. Apparently, John Roberts voted with the liberals.

This is actually a pretty bad outcome. It was a 4-4 split, and odds are Barrett would side with the other 4 conservatives and not join Roberts. There could easily be another lawsuit after she's confirmed to throw those votes out, and it may very well come after election day but before the Dec. 8 safe harbor day.

If Biden's margin of victory rests on those votes that come after election day, the Court could flip the state to Trump. That's the kind of shit that can happen if things get too close. Hopefully most people still get their votes in before election day and no one procrastinates more from this.

More broadly, its also a bad sign that 4 justices (and therefore likely a majority once Barrett is confirmed) are at least opinion to arguments that the US Supreme Court can overrule state Supreme Courts on matters specific to state constitutions. That has the potential to open a whole shitcan of worms.

I got caught up on my weekend reading tonight and came across an article written by someone who attended the same military academy Trump did, arriving at the school the year after Trump left. While he never met Trump, he did spend his years at the academy under the eye of a hard-as-a-rock instructor named Major Dobias. While Dobias had a home, a wife and children, on campus, he spent most of his time with the students, to keep an eye on his boys, even showering with them in the communal showers. He was famous for sayings and quotes, like 'winning isn't everything - it's the only thing".

"He pushed us to win. If you weren't a winner, you were a loser, plain and simple". Sound familiar?

The guy apparently was a life-long mentor to Trump. If you google his name, a bunch of pictures from over the years taken with Trump will pop up. As the author says, Dobias may have changed the course of history by leaving an indelible mark on Trump.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-president-his-mentor-and-me-i-know-what-makes-donald-trump-tick/

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The guy apparently was a life-long mentor to Trump. If you google his name, a bunch of pictures from over the years taken with Trump will pop up. As the author says, Dobias may have changed the course of history by leaving an indelible mark on Trump.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-president-his-mentor-and-me-i-know-what-makes-donald-trump-tick/

Well, his father probably laid the groundwork before that.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

So I had to Google to see what you were talking about. The church was an independent nondenominational one in Las Vegas and according to US News and World Report:

Just the kind of church Trump would like. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-10-18/trump-biden-are-campaigning-across-country-from-each-other

God moves in mysterious ways.

Archived