Where the Lannister words come from

Alyn Oakenfist

So I was watching the best Christmas movie ever on TV, also the best batman movies ever, Batman Returns. Really if you haven't watch it yet, watch it, it's the funniest thing ever. And well I noticed this little gem:

"I'm Catwoman, hear me roar."

Now the more historically inclined of you may ask, wait isn't that too a rip off, of the 60's feminist saying "I'm a woman, hear me roar"? Yes, yes it is. But the shall we say feline connotation, is definitely from Batman Returns. So keep in mind the next time you read the books. The Lannister words come from Michelle Pfeiffer in a skin tight suit trying to out ham Chris Walken,

5 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Ultimately however, the Lannister words come from the mind of George R. R. Martin.

What makes you think so? Batman returns came wag before AGOT, and the feline connotation of the words makes the similarities too strong in my eyes to be just an accident

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

What makes you think so? Batman returns came wag before AGOT, and the feline connotation of the words makes the similarities too strong in my eyes to be just an accident

It may be, it may not be. Ultimately everything in ASOIAF comes from the mind of GRRM. Of all the house words, the Lannisters are the most silly, imho.

Lannister words- “Hear Me Roar!”

Mormont words- “Here We Stand.”

Both banners have a standing animal.

Maybe animals became, learned, or were given bipedal locomotion from the Mormonts or their region. The Lannisters speech or communication?

Here we roar and Here we stand?

Sorry, if this was supposed to be a comical post.

P.S. Darkman beats Batman.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

It is not that original / hard to be invented by many people independently. Especially that lions do roar (unlike cats and women)

I do not think Katy Perry stole it from GRRM.

7 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

It may be, it may not be. Ultimately everything in ASOIAF comes from the mind of GRRM. Of all the house words, the Lannisters are the most silly, imho.

Absolutely. I recall the show's scene with Olenna complaining about the words of house Tyrell. I mean, those are shitty words, but at least they don't sound like a kid trying to sound scary.

Hear me roar!

Hear.(and) We stand.?

Bright roar wakes the sleepers? Watch is defined as to awaken. From the proto word Weg,I think. We got the giant Won Weg.

Caster. Means cast away or castrated. 
             “To cast away” the stones. Or it
             Could mean people abandoned.     

I Bend Knees. = ibbenese? 
     The Kneelers stand thus “awaken”? 
Lion of Long Night. Ong and Ion? Strong and.....? 

Crasters keep. Maybe Lann swapped or sold houses. A pile of gold for a pile of shit. Making Lann a Northman.

I’m just tossing out thoughts and ideas trying to consider all things.

49 minutes ago, Eliscat said:

Hear me roar!

Hear.(and) We stand.?

Bright roar wakes the sleepers? Watch is defined as to awaken. From the proto word Weg,I think. We got the giant Won Weg.

Caster. Means cast away or castrated. 
             “To cast away” the stones. Or it
             Could mean people abandoned.     

I Bend Knees. = ibbenese? 
     The Kneelers stand thus “awaken”? 
Lion of Long Night. Ong and Ion? Strong and.....? 

Crasters keep. Maybe Lann swapped or sold houses. A pile of gold for a pile of shit. Making Lann a Northman.

I’m just tossing out thoughts and ideas trying to consider all things.

Here We Stand sounds like a statement of principle; we know our values, we are loyal and we will always stand by them. Here We Stand!

Here Me Roar sounds like a group of kids singing at a summer camp.

1 hour ago, Nathan Stark said:

Here We Stand sounds like a statement of principle; we know our values, we are loyal and we will always stand by them. Here We Stand!

Here Me Roar sounds like a group of kids singing at a summer camp.

most definitely. Motto’s and sigil’s make me think of the Baratheon sigil. The stag looks like a bite has been taken out of the neck. That fits the book. If so, does that mean Orlys didn’t keep the Baratheon sigil and motto? Or just more to the story 

Archived