Red Tiger

Hell Yeah !!!

Pistons on the road to recovery.

PG- Killian Hayes

SG- Cade Cunningham

C- Isiah Stewart

PF- Jerami Grant

SF- Sadiq Bey

That's the young core we were hoping for and  landing the Number One Pick has us hyped for next season.

The end of that Clippers-Suns game was absolutely Bonkers. 

Suns lead by 6 with 2 minutes left. 

Clippers come back to take the lead by 1 with 30 seconds. 

Booker hits a jumper to retake lead with 25 seconds

George hits jumper to retake lead by 1 with 20 seconds

Clippers force a Booker turnover with 9 seconds.

George misses both free throws.

Clippers knock ball out with 0.8 seconds left. 

Clippers give up an Ayton dunk on the inbounds pass to lose. 

A 1 point lead with less than a second left...you gotta cover the basket.  I mean, the Hawks ran a good play and Ayton coulda been called for an offensive foul, but even still, that is the one thing you simply cannot give up.  If Booker made an incredible catch and shoot, you can just tip your hat to him, but make him do it. 

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

A 1 point lead with less than a second left...you gotta cover the basket.  I mean, the Hawks ran a good play and Ayton coulda been called for an offensive foul, but even still, that is the one thing you simply cannot give up.  If Booker made an incredible catch and shoot, you can just tip your hat to him, but make him do it. 

I heard an interesting breakdown earlier about the power of the decoy. A few years back the Warriors were in a similar situation with Iggy inbounding the ball.  Curry and Green were running a pick and roll, and this caused three defenders eyes to gravitate to Steph leaving an easy layup for Draymond.

On the play last night, multiple defenders were paying attention to Booker. Worse, on the inbound Boogie was shading his positioning to make it harder to get the ball to him. This, however, left a fairly open passing lane to the rim and the rest is history.

9 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Bucks fail to defend their HC. Disappointing but I feel they will bounce back.

I think so too.  It was an odd game, where Atlanta shot poorly from 3 (25%) and Milwaukee shot even worse (22%).  Both teams shot well from 2 point range though, and as a result the score was still pretty high. 

Towards the end there when Young was just chucking up long 3s there instead of playing real offense, I thought the Bucks were going to take it for sure.  But he stopped after two straight wasted possessions, and the Bucks went cold in the final two minutes. 

For such a close game that could've ended either way, it was grindingly irritating to see some of the bonehead plays like Giannis fouling Trae on a wild, deep missed 3 attempt. Or seeing Middleton over think several easy shots and pass up makeable midrangers only to turn them into more missed 3's.

I feel the Bucks would've won easily if they would've just stuck to executing the attempts inside the arc and kicked it out way less.

Oh well we'll see the adjustments for game 2 and see how this develops.

18 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

For such a close that could've ended either way, it was grindingly irritating to see some of the bonehead plays like Giannis fouling Trae on a wild, deep missed 3 attempt. Or seeing Middleton over think several easy shots and pass up makeable midrangers only to turn them into more missed 3's.

I feel the Bucks would've won easily if they would've just stuck to executing the attempts inside the arc and kicked it out way less.

Oh well we'll see the adjustments for game 2 and see how this develops.

That call on Trae was pillow soft anyway, I'm not actually sure that Giannis even touched him.  But I agree that the Bucks seem like they have taken the letter of modern NBA analytics (3pointers, layups and foul shots are the most efficient) without understanding the spirit behind it.  A contested 3 pointer is not as good as an open 15 footer.  Particularly when (for whatever reason) most of the Bucks have been struggling from deep all playoffs. 

On 6/23/2021 at 12:18 PM, WarGalley said:

So... is Booker's nose not broken? I don't see any news on it anywhere. He looked like a rhino at the end there. I was surprised they let him play... he must have absolutely insisted on coming back in. 

Broken in 3 places apparently, had it reset and is playing with the mask. So there we go.

8 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Towards the end there when Young was just chucking up long 3s there instead of playing real offense, I thought the Bucks were going to take it for sure.  But he stopped after two straight wasted possessions, and the Bucks went cold in the final two minutes. 

7 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Or seeing Middleton over think several easy shots and pass up makeable midrangers only to turn them into more missed 3's.

I haven't watched much of Trae or Middleton, but those are the shots that Mitchell, Doncic, Lillard take. Its a bad shot, but it's because they make them that they are stars. I think that in their minds, its not about whether its contested, but whether they can make the space to fire it off. And they make them often enough to justify it. 

Other players do it too. Its just that these are the primary ball handlers so they leave more of an impression. The box score only gives us shot percentages, but I wonder how differently we'd look at players if other factors such as shot location, time to gather and release, distance of nearest defender, distance gained against nearest defender are considered.

7 hours ago, Maithanet said:

That call on Trae was pillow soft anyway, I'm not actually sure that Giannis even touched him.

Might have brushed him with a finger after he landed. There was a report that the Board of Governors were looking into shooting fouls. Hope scenarios like this are considered and changed. 

Archived