NBA - What the hell is going on?

Red Tiger

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Embiid was lucky not to get ejected for that shit.  You compare that to what Jokic got thrown out for, and it's no comparison.  He's clearly creating a confrontation and escalating the situation.  And it's not like Collins was taking some cheap shot, he had every right to be pissed with the initial contact.

100% my thoughts. Jokic deserved a flagrant 1 because of the windup, but he was going for the ball. Embiid should have been upgraded to a flagrant 1 for hitting Collins directly in the face. And I don't blame Collins for shoving Embiid afterwards because he was just lying on top of him. Furthermore Embiid was entirely responsible for the aftermath. I don't know if he should have been ejected in a vacuum, but what he did was worse than what Jokic did and if that's the standard he probably should have been tossed.

This also is why double technical fouls are so weak. I get it in a 50/50 to 60/40 situation, but that was pretty much all on Embiid at all three phases of the confrontation. 

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jazz on the verge of gagging up a 22 point halftime lead to lose the series. 

Is Doc Rivers coaching the Jazz now???

I am honestly shocked that Leonard goes down and then the clippers win two straight to eliminate Utah.  The clippers without Kawhi vs the suns without Paul.... That's just great. The jazz had an incredibly open path to the finals and the blew it.  What a disappointing 1 seed.

Hopefully Paul comes back at some point.  

I don't appreciate Embiid very much either as a person or a player, and Ben Simmons is astonishingly flawed for such a gifted player, so the Sixers are hard for me to like.

But it seems like Curry looked around the room and said to himself, "Well, none of these other guys is going to get it done, so I suppose it is time for me to unleash it."  Good for him.

Lmao, Brown got played on that tech. 

It's looking neck and neck so far, thinking it'll come down to who gets fatigued the most and whose  bench steps up maybe?

Eta: Middleton has shot much better at home then the road this series, that's what I'm most concerned about for Bucks chances.

56 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Middleton and Holiday are brickcity for the first half. Bucks lucky to only be down 6.

Eta: What a great 3rd quarter, 1 point game still !

It is.  We just arrived in Gulf Shores for vacation.  I’m just now really sitting down and getting settled.  Looking forward to a strong finish.

Worthy of Game Seven from what I’m seeing.

I used to think Jrue was one of the most underrated stars in the league, but this singular game will be a stain on his entire career.  He's been reprehensibly bad on both sides of the court. What a nightmare for the Bucks.

Don't think they can recover from this last minute or two of momentum.

Archived