Are organized sports with international orgs the worst?

Luzifer's right hand

4 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

A very interesting thesis. I have found myself oft wondering whether such was the case.

Just about any economic or social system tends to select for less than ideal types as leaders. Consider the old expression 'those who can do. Those that can't teach. Those that can't teach teach gym.' 

6 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

It sounds like someone somewhere said “evaluated” is a word, so valuated must be one too.

It definitely sounds like someone trying to conflate value and evaluate, and then plopping out an unnecessary word.

12 hours ago, maarsen said:

Just about any economic or social system tends to select for less than ideal types as leaders. Consider the old expression 'those who can do. Those that can't teach. Those that can't teach teach gym.' 

I was beat up here pretty bad a few years ago for mentioning that expression. I shall never let myself within a football field of it again.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:20 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

This whole value v valuation row can be blamed on Wall St and the reinventing the wheel by putting a number on a value, then calling it the valuation.

Not sure if all these contrafibularities are entirely necessary. After all, language is constantly evoluating. 

Archived