Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

I loaded up the game this morning and my RTX 1060 6GB had no problem running it at 1920x1080. Mind you - I didn't have DLSS or ray tracing on, as my card supports neither, but despite all the warnings about how the graphics were going to be more intense, my system had no problem running it. 

3 hours ago, Relic said:

Are there any mods you guys think are "essential"? 

With limited time - maybe 10 hours - in 2.0, I would say there aren't any.

Vehicle handling and the enemy difficulty mods were a must have for me before 2.0. Enemy netrunners in my opinion no longer require a mod, and the vehicle handling feels better now.

So the only thing I miss is making some of the named NPCs "minibosses" but I don't know if it's updated already. That, however, isn't an "essential" mod by any means. 

39 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Blasphemy. 

Gooooood morning Night City! Yesterday's body lottery rounded out to a solid n sturdy 30! 10 outta Heywood!

At this point, possibly due to a mod that refuses to deactivate in Vortex even though I've turned them all off, it does straight to the garbage screen with the city in the distance. 

Since Ser Rodrigo is starting new, going to start spoilering story discussion, although obviously we should all do that when it comes to Phantom Liberty

Spoiler

Just hit level 18, after having done the Heist. What a long chain of events that is, and just really excellently done. Got killed a couple of times in the lobby before I remembered I could now deflect bullets with my katana and just let the Arasaka goons kill themselves. Even worked on the mech. I've gotten a bit better since then, but am waiting to boost my cyberware capacity because there's one or two pieces of chrome I want (Blood Pump and Isometric something-or-other) before pushing too deep. Ideally I'll have those before I deal with that punk Scav Panam wants to whack, that firefight is going to be veeeeery tough to melee without them.

Now I've got waaaaay too many things to do at once. I forgot just how many missions and stories the game throws at you at this point. There's Judy to talk to, there's the meeting with Oda that Takemura set up, Delamain's rogue cab totalled my car (but I won the body count lottery, so got a preem new ride!) and since I skipped that on my second play through figured I'd do that, ditto Happy Together and Barry, then have to meet Panam to hunt for Hellman, and... probably forgetting a couple of things.

As to mods, I never played with any, but it's rather amazing to see how 2.0 has actually grabbed some of the ideas from mods -- in particular, one modder had done a lot of tweaks that included things like reflecting bullets with your katana.

But I've just read that the author of a foundational mod, Cyber Engine Tweaks, has announced that the game's underlying code is really changed and it will take awhile to get it working, and so everyone whose mods depend on it will also have to wait. And they'll have a lot of work to do as well. Apparently some basic appearance mods are working, though, but more complicated stuff seems to be a no-go.

Edited by Ran

Holy cow this feels like a different game. Sure, some of the major A plot beats might be the same, but the details, the small stuff...ye gods. 

Spent a few hours after work tonight going through the initial bits of the game, and damn, but this feels like a new and invigorated experience. 

On 9/25/2023 at 8:35 PM, Werthead said:

The game's new Ukrainian localisation features some amusing digs at the current invasion.

Apparently, at least some of this stuff was not as CDPR intended -- whoever did the localization to Ukrainian slipped anti-Russian stuff, according to CDPR's apology. They're still pro-Ukraine and I suspect the graffiti bit is from them, but the dialog changes are not.

I did about 3 hours, which is barely enough time to 

Spoiler

Meet and rescue Myers, fight a huge boss battle, meet and lose Songbird, and only just met Solomon Reed.

Looks like the expansion is pretty meaty on that score. It did "deplatinum" my achievements by adding eleven more, which is annoying but also gives some short-term goals. 

I have to say that the new Johnny Silverhand model is excellent. I always thought his base game model was a bit meh, but he's much more animated and better now.

All this, "start again from scratch" stuff was a bit overblown. It took under 2 minutes to respec my V with the new trees and then straight into business again.

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Ran into a super weird glitch where i fall thru the floor in the elevator at Konpeki Plaza during The Heist mission. Seems i cant progress...

Oof. Haven't heard of that one, but I saw one reviewer mentioned he once (just once) got a weird glitch that for some reason teleported him into a place he couldn't get out of. There may be some very rare clipping issues or something.