Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

30 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Much like giving them a defined sexuality it contributes to him feeling more real to me but do agree it would be nice if there was a bi male character that's into both. Could use a bi female character that's more interested than Stout while we're at it.

I was honestly surprised to find out that despite Kerry being bi that he's not romancable as a female V. Kinda missing the point of the whole being bi, which should hypothetically increase in-game romance options if played properly.

Yeah those few breadcrumbs of "hit us up if you're looking for work" really make me want more. You get that from the Tyger bosses at Clouds if you don't kill them as well, doing work for the big wigs in the gangs is pretty adjacent to corpo work anyway (and they're interconnected at that level anyway). 

I think we would have gotten that second DLC if the initial release hadn't gone so poorly, I understand the decision that they're better off investing that time into UE5 but that's not going to be anything with V at this point in their life and I really want that.

31 minutes ago, Ran said:

Wonder when Cyberpunk 2087 is likely to come out? A decade from now?

Well we know it's in pre-production and is slated to start proper development next year. And with Unreal Engine 5 powering it, I'd say a 3-4 year window seems likely? So maybe 2028? 

3 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Kinda missing the point of the whole being bi

That gives me the odd image that bi people are helpless when it comes to falling in love with, basically, anyone who passes by.

You can, surely, be bi and simply not into a person? As @karaddin says, Kerry's definitely weirded out by Johnny riding shotgun in a woman's body and it makes the whole thing too strange for him. You can still become buddies, though.

4 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I think we would have gotten that second DLC if the initial release hadn't gone so poorly, I understand the decision that they're better off investing that time into UE5 but that's not going to be anything with V at this point in their life and I really want that.

Meanwhile, modders are working away on the abandoned multiplayer code to try and salvage that to make a fan-based MP release, which is, if nothing else, kind of amazing. 

1 minute ago, Ran said:

That gives me the odd image that bi people are helpless when it comes to falling in love with, basically, anyone who passes by.

HAH. We're not *that* bad. Jeezus. Make us sound like randy teenage boys! :D

1 minute ago, Ran said:

You can, surely, be bi and simply not into a person? As @karaddin says, Kerry's definitely weirded out by Johnny riding shotgun in a woman's body and it makes the whole thing too strange for him. You can still become buddies, though.

This is absolutely the case. There are plenty of people that I don't find attractive despite having dated both men and women. 

Right, but in the game canonically you'd literally be the same person. Just different phenotypic gender. If there ever was a case to be made about loving the wine not the bottle surely thats the best one, and yet Kerry won't do you if you're female-expressing.

That probably gets more into the nuances of bisexuality preferences but Kerry probably should have been more explicit in that explanation - saying that while he's bi he only goes for women for sex only and he has a real connection with you or something like that.

He got married and, IIRC, has kids. It's not just sex.

CDPR's answer on the question has to do with deep-seated issues related to Johnny. V as a man aligns with Kerry's memory of and feelings for Johnny, V as a woman does not, and that discordance is enough to dampen any sexual ardor he might feel even if otherwise he'd normally be after V(alerie).

2.0 downloaded. 24 GB. Ah, gigabit fiber.

Buuuut, I kind of fucked up a tendon in my left hand today (big gust of wind caught my car door as I was exiting and neeeeearly drove it into a pillar, managed to catch  it using just one finger but somethign went "ouch") so I think I won't be playing today.

5 hours ago, Ran said:

2.0 downloaded. 24 GB. Ah, gigabit fiber.

Buuuut, I kind of fucked up a tendon in my left hand today (big gust of wind caught my car door as I was exiting and neeeeearly drove it into a pillar, managed to catch  it using just one finger but somethign went "ouch") so I think I won't be playing today.

Holy crap! What did the doctor say? How long will it take to heal?

Put a couple of hours into a new playthrough (Street Kid, finally). Not just the first time with 2.0, but the first time on the 4090.

Took a while to find a good bunch of settings. Put the game at Ultra Everything and Ray Tracing Insane, but dropped the frame limit to 30fps and used DLSS to punch up to 60. This creates a nice, stable situation where the game looks amazing (I cannot emphasise enough how much better it looks) and plays well without my PC exploding.

Not much opportunity to test the new mechanics. The new skill trees look similar, just rearranged and most trees now have stuff applicable to car combat. You now have a cyberware limit over which you risk going cyberpsycho (nice touch). The way phone calls and messages are catalogued seems a bit better. You now buy cars over the Internet and just go pick it up rather than doing it the old way, which was weird.

One possible new bug: the police seem hyper paranoid about you now. On my previous playthroughs, when going to Dexter's car I got caught up in a firefight in the nearby yard between police and a gang. Previously I'd take the gang down and even get a word of thanks from the police (as I looted them). Now I can't do that, the police get freaked out by me being there and attack. They're still good with me looting the bodies once they're done.

Also, I couldn't talk to the cops banging on next door (starting the quest with the cop with PTSD) because they freaked out and went hostile on my just walking over to them.

To be honest, I probably won't do a full new playthrough. It's only been a few months since my second full run-through and I don't think I've built up enough desire to go through the game again. I'll probably mess around with this for a bit and go back to Starfield and BG3.

One good bit of news is that my screen blacking out whilst seems to have been stopped by simply switching the shitty DisplayPort cable that came with the computer for my old, higher-grade gold-plated one that I used for my older monitor. Instead of frying my graphics card as I feared, it looks like it was just the cable being bad.

Oh yeah, there are now cats wandering around and you can pet them. Yay, I guess?

Edited by Werthead

Ditto, 4090 and all. Tried to take it easy. My monitor doesnt' have Gsync, so my only annoyance with Frame Gen is that it breaks V-sync. I tried fiddling with limiting max fps to see if I could get it to play nice with sync, but it didn't seem to help, so just left it uncapped. 105+ FPS with overdrive and path tracing -- incredible. But the card hit a peak of 72C, 82C on the RAM. And the CPU, buy howdy, been awhile since I've felt it get warmer like that. Peaked at 89C, and that's with a triple radiator and undervolting no less.

I'll try messing with setting it to 31 or 32 FPS and see if that leaves tearing tolerable.

It looks insanely good, I have to say.

I have to shut Vsync/Gsync off, as my monitor does 144fps and defaulting to that would melt the PC (I thought it was a good idea at the time but now I'm regretting not getting the 60 model, which was a clear £200 cheaper; oh well, future proofing).

I did switch on frame limit instead, it's just weird how it counts it. So if you set the limit to 60, it will framegen up to 120. So to limit to 60fps overall, you have to set it to 30. That kept everything in the 50s, just peaking above 60 degrees max.

Also remember you can force a limit in Nvidia Control Panel. Running at 89C for prolonged periods will damage the card or the PC's internal components (or all of the above!). The connector pins are especially prone to being damaged that way.

The 89C was the CPU, not the GPU, to be clear! The GPU was rated 75C, and I believe the card's GPU itself is rated for a thermal max of 84C, so just fine.

I'll keep an eye on it but I don't think it'll get any warmer than that (though I've heard differing reports on how heavy Dogtown is to render, with some people saying it seemed lighter than Night City and others saying the opposite).

I'll keep fiddling with settings. It is indeed confusing to set FPS to half of what it actually renders thanks to frame gen, but for some reason 30 FPS does not sync right with 60 FPS. Right now I'm trying 29 FPS (58 FPS steady) and switched Super Resolution to Quality rather than Auto.  Seems to work nicely. Still some tearing but not too bad.

Edited by Ran

Oh wow, this is nice so far. I'm about to his the 300 hour mark now on Cyberpunk 2077, which puts me another 120 or so hours away from Skyrim in first place at most played. 

Very much enjoying the little improvements - the graphics seem slightly better, the shadows and reflections slightly touched up, the interface slightly cleaner. That the game won't let me start improving my stats until I've levelled up a bit is a nice touch, forcing me to have to play more carefully. 

Even in the initial mission with Sandra Dorsett, I've never managed to do a pure stealth option before, which this time - Jackie and I did, which was a first for me. I always assumed I had to go in guns blazing, but instead, I took out the scabs with stealth techniques. Very fun. 

Noticing the interface doesn't automatically present the [R] for Radio option, which I know without even having to think about it, so hey - time to listen to a new radio station! Huzzah! 

So far, so good, after an hour's gametime with Pimp My Cyberpunk 2.0.

I recently got a Ryzen 9 7900x and good heavens that thing runs hot (by design).

We just had a string of days around 34C and the air con was really struggling on the last one and when I checked it was sitting at 91C even after I'd quit everything, but barely goes above that under load.

Not really Cyberpunk related but I was also surprised to find how much impact the monitor cables can have. I play Granblue Fantasy with multiple accounts and had to briefly go back to an old monitor that used a DVI to HDMI adaptor and something about needing to run that could cause YouTube to stutter badly while playing GBF. Back up to 27" with display port and it's fine again now. Not sure what the adaptor or DVI was doing to mess with it.

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Ugh I read that it features enemy level scaling,always hated that feature as it ruins my sense of progression in an RPG vis a vis Oblivion. Why’d CDProjekt make such a stupid design decision? Killed my desire to get this game now.

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

I took it easy due to aforementioned tendon injury, and even the opening fight seemed a bit harder than what I remember of the previous run. Not a lot, but a bit. The baddies felt more accurate and aggressive.

I assume the scaling issue is simply that at end game the game was too easy, especially with certain builds.

Edited by Ran