Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

Interesting that it was more of a trailer for Patch 2.0 than for Phantom Liberty per se. But it was good that they confirmed that all of the 2.0 improvements will be available to existing players for free, presumably from when PL launches.

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Interesting that it was more of a trailer for Patch 2.0 than for Phantom Liberty per se. But it was good that they confirmed that all of the 2.0 improvements will be available to existing players for free, presumably from when PL launches.

Is there any word on when the update will be released? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s released as much as a week before the dlc. 

3 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

Is there any word on when the update will be released? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s released as much as a week before the dlc. 

They did not confirm, the assumption seems to be around the time of PL's release in late September.

Was that a shotgun integrated into the mantis blades just before the end of the first combat section? Just after mantis blade charging the guy on top of a shipping crate or something. 

Not sure if they've recast Mr Hands or they had someone else doing the custom lines for the trailer, but who cares about Mr Hands anyway - the guys a wannabe VDB gonk.

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

Was that a shotgun integrated into the mantis blades just before the end of the first combat section?

Looking at it in slow-mo, I don’t think so. It just seems like the energy from using the featured relic perk hyper-charges damage. Kind of reminds me of the tricks people were doing with combining slowed-time with multiple dashes forward to then unleash insane, physics-damage defying damage that was eventually patched out by CDPR. Maybe they basically reinstituted it when using that perk, which would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Looking at it in slow-mo, I don’t think so. It just seems like the energy from using the featured relic perk hyper-charges damage. Kind of reminds me of the tricks people were doing with combining slowed-time with multiple dashes forward to then unleash insane, physics-damage defying damage that was eventually patched out by CDPR. Maybe they basically reinstituted it when using that perk, which would be awesome.

I tried to look in paused frames but didn't think of slowing it down lol. That makes more sense, interesting.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Interview: The Most Important Improvements, Making Dogtown, and More
We talk to CD Projekt Red about all the big changes in Cyberpunk's anticipated expansion.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-interview-the-most-important-improvements-making-dogtown-and-more

What are your favorite parts of 2.0 that you're very excited for players to get their hands on?

GA: The police system and how that is very organic and it escalates to where, like I was saying, at certain points they'll start bringing out the big guns, vehicle combat. You can get into a fight with MaxTac. There's five different MaxTac archetypes, four of them come down in the Navy at once. They can hack your vehicle and stop you. This is probably the part I'm the most excited about.

I'm equally excited about all the new ways you can play, the new skill trees. You can be a Terminator now. You can pick up a heavy machine gun. Before, you were like this when you're shooting it, and now you can steady shot it. You can pick up bodies and throw it at people. You can leap and smash. You can push your Cyberware to limit and get into a fury mode, very much inspired by David in Edgerunners, and your health starts going down. But the more you press your attack and that build, the more you're getting your health back. So it's a new way to play right in the mix of the action.

We still have the traditional cover fire and stuff like that, but we've got new AI, new mechanics. The Netrunners have a new way to play, the Netrunner NPCs have a new way they come at you. They can proxy their hacks through devices. Like I said, I could go on for so long. There's so much new stuff to talk about.

A detail they went into at the start is how to start the DLC -- they apparently have a method to allow you to create a new character but basically launch them to the point where the DLC starts (which, according to this, is after the Pacifica/Voodoo Boys story concludes). 

Lots of new footage from the game, too.

I'll still do a fresh run with the Street Kid that I haven't played before. Still trying to decide what to play in terms of style. First run was a netrunner/pistol assassin, second was tech shotgun blasting, feel like it has to be blades this time. Katana to begin with, mantis blades eventually...

• 3 weeks later...

New cinematic trailer for Phantom Liberty. It features quite the "spoiler", which makes me think it's not something that CD Project Red actually considers a spoiler, but suffice it to say, Solomon Reed and Songbird have a history:

It premiered on the Night City Wire:

I think the developer clarified and didn't mean to suggest Phantom Liberty is that resource-hungry, but more that optimal performance does mean you should make sure your cooling system is in working order.

And September 21st is the date that the 2.0 update rolls out.

The Phantom LIberty soundtrack is up on Spotify and other streaming services too.

A build planner for 2.0 is also online

- Every attribute has perks for vehicle utility: Strength lets you better ram enemies, Reflexes improves your shooting and lets you quickly exit vehicles, Intelligence allows hacks, Tech improves vehicle health and damage, Cool lets you use the Sandevistan and Ketenzikov while driving

- Smart weapons have perks in the Intelligence tree

- Tech has lost all but one perk for crafting, but gained perks for cyberware

- Handguns, Precision and Sniper Rifles have been moved to Cool; Cold Blood is gone

Edited by ASOIAFrelatedusername

7 minutes ago, karaddin said:

That cinematic trailer managed to sell the relationship 

Hide contents

and betrayal awful quickly and have me feeling emotional from it.

High hopes for this being a great Idris performance coming up.

And I am already reinstalling the game, to have one last look at it before it all changes. 

Never played this series because I heard that it’s a buggy mess but that cinematic trailer genuinely looks like it could be a good tv series on its own! I did love the edgerunners series on Netflix so I might try this game once the GOTY edition comes out at a discount and hopefully, in a more polished form by then vis a vis several patches.